1986: An Imagineering Competition - Hub Thread

AceAstro

Geeze, looks like I'm the slacker this veto round! 🤣

Don't worry, I promise it will be worth the wait!
Oh, sweet! I’ll just sit around and wait for MickeyNerd’s project!”

1A3FB208-0D7D-42AD-B868-1E4E1AD75CF1.jpeg

Mickeynerd17

I, Mickeynerd17, Humbly and Proudly Present...

...what I believe to be my best veto project yet...

...and probably a sad attempt to give @PerGron a run for his money...

...(awkward silence)...

The Blue Sky Christmas Festival!

3912fc7f-645c-4e36-ac5d-ebbf159d86ae_200x200.png

Description:

The Christmas season has arrived at Blue Sky Disneyland! Fun is in the air and there is no shortage of Christmas cheer this season!

All throughout the resort, everybody has put on their holiday best, with each park, hotel, and land including their own unique touches in how they are celebrating! From Christmas trees, to incredible light shows, to fun and exciting music, and don't forget the scrumptious holiday treats and eats found throughout the park and restaurants of the Grand American and Disney Quarter! You'll surely be filled with great tidings and good cheer!

Below is the full lineup of additions and special holiday offerings found at the resort from November to January!

Blue Sky Disneyland:

The park has it all! Blue Sky Disneyland Park has been decked out to it's fullest with each land sporting it's unique twist on the holidays! Check out their exciting offerings below!

General park-wide offerings include Christmas trees, lots of wreaths and garland, special holiday snacks, some ride/show overlays, a unique Christmas parade, a light show, and a fireworks show!

Blue Sky Treat Hunt:

5e4a5ec8-d822-412a-a7fe-4df77f15a2bc_200x200.png

Take part in a unique search for special Christmas treats around the park. Each land has its own unique offering, so grab your passport, prep your taste buds, and set of on a sweet culinary adventure that will surely fill your bowl o' jelly! When your done, return to Hawthorne Tavern in HarborTown USA for a complimentary pin and Salted Caramel Frozen Hot Chocolate!

Frozen-Salted-Caramel-Hot-Chocolate-Featured-de-la-Fe.jpg

HarborTown USA:

Enjoy the Christmas of the 18th century with snow-capped roofs and a massive Christmas tree right in the center of States Market! The Cat's Eye Lighthouse is lit up in reds and greens, and a special holiday version of Muppet Hamilton plays in the theater.

Check out the wonderful BGM loop here, featuring 18th century Christmas songs and carols:

Shops are selling Christmas merchandise with a yule log in the fireplaces. T-shirts, pins, and more Christmas stuffs can be found at select stores around the park.

The exclusive treat here is the Christmas Carol Mousse, which is a white chocolate peppermint cream cheese mousse with peppermint sauce and chocolate cookie crumbles! Grab yours today at Hawthorne Tavern!

white-chocolate-peppermint-cream-cheese-mousse-satuli-canteen_22.jpeg

Port Voyage:

Each garden in Port Voyage sports a uniquely warped Christmas tree that is almost like the ones from How the Grinch Stole Christmas to keep with their dynamic structure. The background music is filled with classic Christmas songs to fill your ears with warm, happy sounds of the holiday spirit!

_20201113_123233.JPG

Check out the Port Voyage/Seasons of Fantasy music here:

Here the Blue Sky Candlelight Choir sings at Compass Point in keeping with the classic Candlelight Processional tradition of the Disney Resorts!

03121361-6a48-4a4f-8e41-27af9aa4d2c3_200x200.png

candlelight-processional-00-full-800x360.jpg

The exclusive treat in this area is the Snow Flurry Cupcake! This cupcake contains yellow cake with vanilla buttercream and snow flurry sugar! Find this one at the Hampshire Christmas Goods cart near States Market!

e9049ce8-37bd-43cb-af90-fa377c0c3112_200x200.png

_20201113_123157.JPG

(olaf not part of dessert, sorry olaf!)

Adventure Atoll:

You don't have to be covered in snow to celebrate Christmas! Adventure Atoll has taken a unique spin on the season, with Christmas palm trees, stockings, and a special holiday version of Kanikani o te Motu. Even the mighty Gem Dragon had donned a Santa hat!

In addition to the normal BGM loop, a favorite South African Christmas song has been added and plays throughout the land. Have a listen here:

The special food item here is the Pistachio Chai Tea Float, made with pistachio soft–serve, spiced chai tea, and a red velvet cake pop ornament on top! Yummy! It's available at Kai Nui at the Maori Village!

dessets-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-magic-kingdom-disney-world-1004.jpg

(There will be another post at least, mabye a third, it's a bit long, please be patient. Thanks!)

Mickeynerd17

PART 2:

Snow White Castle:

Snow White Castle has been dressed by Mother Nature in fitting Christmas attire with fresh snow on the roofs and trees, sleek and shiny icicles streaming down the towers, and a beautiful light-blue glow at night. After all, it's truly fitting for a "Snow" White Castle!

SleepingBeauty.jpg

Seasons of Fantasy:

For all the people in the world that think Christmas should stay in December, Seasons of Fantasy just proved you wrong!! even spring has gotten on the action! The beautiful Seasons Tree is lit up in wonderful Christmas lights and decor to make the land all merry and bright.

enhance.jpeg

Check out the soothing Christmas BGM loop here:

Each season celebrates Christmas in their own custom way, From Spring with Cherry Tree Lane lit up in wonderful lights and wreaths, to Summer Festival with candles and merry garland, to Fall Forest with it's twisted Christmas in HalloweenTown, and finally to Winter Mountain, the center of the Christmas festivities, and where the lights never turn off all-year-long!

Winter Mountain is where you can find the next Christmas treat, and this time it's Elsa's Frozen Macarons, featuring blue and white macarons with candy snowflakes on top! Grab some at Visions of Sugarplums!

892daf2c11a14d7f9be2a018bf8326b9.jpg

Four Winds Square:

Check out the Small World Holiday BGM here:

Four Winds Square has probably the best light display of them all! the entire facade exterior and interior is covered with thousands of twinkling lights. The dolls on both tracks of the Small World ride are dressed in Holiday outfits from their respective countries, and sing a Christmas rendition of the Small World song. What better way to show unity than Holidays around the world!

6c7204929536b491a7a9729dad2ca89c.jpg

The delicious treat of this area is the Clocktower Waffle! It features a white waffle with a fondue clocktower face, and it includes a Santa hat sugar cookie! It's available at the seasonal Small World Holiday food cart, which is located next to the Garden of Unity!

CenterCore Expo:

CenterCore Expo has taken the classic Christmas celebration to new horizons! Check out the digital Christmas trees and neon colors in this land as well as a roaming Wall-E in fun Christmas lights. The Imaginarium has been rethemed to a shiny Christmas lightbulb to match the season. The future is surely merry and bright in this land!

enhance (1).jpeg

51TyfoNgrcL._AC_.jpg

Check out the BGM Loop here, featuring synthesized classics and exciting sounds:

The final treat of the treat trail is the Christmas Cookie Milkshake, made with a real sugar cookie! Grab one at The Morning Catch!

CenterCore Fibre Optics Symphony:

40e10c9a-faab-4bbc-a560-739f5ba11ad7_200x200.png

The CenterCore Expo Fibre Optics Company is demonstrating it's all-new lighting, sound, and control system that had been installed on Iron Man, New Horizons, and InnerSpace Mountain with a fiber optic "symphony" featuring the Trans-Siberian Orchestra arrangement of Carol of the Bells. It makes a fun and exciting show as the pavilions come to "life" with sound and lights! CenterCore attractions affected close 2 hours before park close to facilitate the show. It plays one hour before Blue Sky Christmas Spectacular!

Check out the music, and a video of the concept in action on the playlist! (it's the one with the house).

(3rd and final part coming soon!)

Mickeynerd17

PART 3

Mickey's Merry Christmas Calvacade:

8618d830-aa28-4941-a112-0681db802e31_200x200.png

This parade follows the Sea of Wonder parade route and features all your favorite characters in creative floats.

Mickey has gathered the residents of Blue Sky Disneyland for a magical parade of pagentry. Floats featuring some of your favorite characters like Wall-E, Jack Skellington, and the Small World Clock Tower make an appearance in this parade! At the end, toy soldiers and reindeer bring in Santa is his magical sleigh to spread good tidings and Christmas cheer. It's truly a merry Christmas after all!

Christmas-at-Disney-720x340.jpg
1107ZW_0648CC-1024x682.jpg
jkfn090.jpg
images.jpeg
OFT_Killebrew_Santa-WDW_600.jpg

Blue Sky Christmas Spectacular!:

The sky lights up with incredible fireworks in this nighttime spectacular! End the day with a dazzling show of Christmas colors and sounds as the castle sets the stage for an incredible spectacular that is sure to inspire you to spread good Christmas feelings with the world!

xholiday-wishes-1-judd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fiywTHyU9u.jpg

Disney's Grand American:

The Grand American has been decked in 1920's Christmas glitz and glamor! Check out the large resort gingerbread model in the center of the lobby, and yes, it's made with edible gingerbread! Not for human consumption though.

download.jpeg

Listen to the BGM music, featuring 1920's Christmas songs and wonderful orchestral arrangements of the classics here:

Disney Quarter:

The shops of Disney Quarter have been dressed for the holidays, with the classic Christmas trees and wreaths. The jazz clubs also play sweet Christmas charts that are instant crowd-pleasers. Lights and decorations criss-cross the pathways from shop to shop, and Santa may be spotted trying to stuff himself down one of the chimneys! Enjoy a whole host of seasonal Christmas foods from the many restaurants in the Disney Quarter. There's something for everyone!

1180w-600h_112718_dtd-disney-springs-holidays-780x440.jpg

This BGM loop features some sweet Christmas jazz, check it out here:

Thanks for reading my long-winded Veto Project, hope ya like it!

goofyyukyuk

GOOFY'S VETO REVIEWS
Hulk:
Definitely wasn’t expecting this sort of presentation, but it was definitely a bold move that paid off on a creativity standpoint. Based on what I see from the drawings and things, it all looks very realistic as well. I really don’t understand how you can make art that looks this good haha, that lightbulb looks incredible! Of course, everything looks beautiful, as usual. That being said, I can’t give you a high score on detail just because you didn’t write anything… that being said, great work on the art!
Creativity: 9/10
Realism: 10/10
Detail: 3/5
Total: 22/25

PerGron:

My first thought was: “Why is Ace posting something called PerGron’s Blue Sky Christmas?” so yeah… still not caught up on that haha. This remake of the Night Before Christmas had me laughing… great idea, and of course, Santa Goofy is right up my alley haha! All in all though, I love all the detail and attention that you put into everything. It’s so well thought out, from the addition of Charles Dickens to the Storytime Nook to the Festival of Lights, which I think would be an incredibly unique holiday celebration! I’m interested by how the Carousel of Seasons would look Christmas-y… I like the change from Halloweentown to Christmastown, and I love the shift to Olaf’s Frozen Adventure in Winter Mountain. I like the way you described the papercraft aesthetic in Four Winds Square getting updated, and I like the subtle changes you made in CenterCore Expo. You described the Christmas party very well, and it seems like something that would be very popular in the parks! Great idea adding the Gingerbread House to the Grand American, and you round it out well with the addition of elements in Disney Quarter. All in all, I’m just impressed by the level of thought you put into this. Fantastic job!
Detail: 5/5
Total: 24/25

Nigel:

I think you shined with the creativity in aspects of this project. For example, I like the idea of the Muppets doing Christmas raps, and you described your shows very well. I really like the original story behind “A Goofy Christmas” and the Wall-E show… both of those are super out of the box ideas! I like the transition from Jack to Sandy Claws, and the Summer Festival transition to Christmas in July is great! I like the crafty aspects you described as well! The Holiday Bash and New Orleans Christmas are both great ideas as well. I think you started out super strong because I absolutely loved the shows at the beginning, but by the end, you were being really vague with descriptions. That being said, the stuff you were detailed on was fantastic! (Also, I literally had this labeled as Outbound’s until I got to his project and saw his name lol)
Detail: 4/5
Total: 23/25

Outbound:

I like the different shows and events you have represented here and the backstory of Mickey giving the characters various jobs works well in my opinion. Christmas Live sounds like something that would be a ton of fun as a solid background to why Goofy, Chip, and Dale are running the radio station, and adding Adam Sandler is definitely a fun choice… the addition of the Christmas Live app is a great idea as well! Pluto’s Present Hunt is another really great idea that makes the Christmas celebration accessible for everyone. It reminds me of the hunt things they’ve done in Epcot and Disney Springs around the holidays as well, but I think this takes it to another level by making it an app with a pin reward. The Muppet celebration is funny to me… I think this would be so funny for these little skits! Fantastic idea! Good idea on how to update the Four Winds Square, and the appearance of the Floral Parade being like the Rose Bowl Parade is another really unique idea. Festivus is a great idea too! The Sleigh with Oswald is another wonderful idea! All in all, this is one of my favorite projects so far from the combination of really out of the box ideas with enough detail to convey the ideas well!
Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 9/10

Ace:

I really love the attention to art while also describing everything in detail! You adapted the concept art for things like the castle and made them wintry, so I can’t fault you for borrowing lol. I think the idea of putting Santa’s Getaway in Summer Festival is really fun and transforming Holiday Village to Santa’s Village is a nice update as well to really center in on the Santa-ness of everything. I like the idea of putting a huge Christmas tree in 4 Winds Square, but I wish you’d tied it into the papercraft aesthetic. Holidays at Sea is a cool idea to integrate the sea theme further into the park though! All in all, I think you have some really creative ideas, and the art is great, but some of it winds up feeling less detailed.

Dash:

I like your description of the holiday treats and streetmosphere in Harbortown, which definitely adds to the atmosphere! The show idea for Port Voyage sounds fantastic as well! If it was fleshed out in a full scale project, this sounds like something on the scale of Age of Magic, including in terms of emotional appeal. Adventure Atoll has a nice simplistic celebration, and the Seasons of Fantasy changes are nice and subtle. Four Winds Square is a ton of fun with holiday overlays, and I like the description of the snow globe lightbulb! The Grand American has fun and simple ideas for improving the Christmas feel, and I like the New Orleans Christmas feel of Disney Quarter! I just wish there was more detail and maybe a little bit more of a step outside of the box, but it’s still a great concept!

Mickeynerd:

I like the idea behind the Treat Hunt! Great idea giving a treat in addition to a pin! That Christmas Carol Mousse also looks really great haha! I like that you brought in different exclusive treats a lot, and I like the addition of the Candlelight Processional. Like I said, I like the treat idea, and that was something unique and smart in your project; I also think the CenterCore Expo Fibre Optics is a really cool idea. I like the idea behind the parade, but I wish there was more distinction between it and the regular Christmas parade at MK. And everything else- the spectacular, the hotel, and Disney Quarter are all appropriate Christmas festivities. All that being said, I think that you did a good job of implementing a lot of the standard ideas for decorating the parks, but I feel like you didn’t really drastically go out of the box. I also would love to see you start trying to make some of your own concept art rather than just using stock art or other people’s art, just because that really allows me to visualize it better and give you more credit for creativity. I know you put work into making the music tracks, but for me personally, background music doesn’t affect how I view a project; I’ve only used it in the first Veto project and that’s because I know some of the other judges like it lol. All in all, there’s a lot of things to love about this project, but I wish it was more fleshed out and out of the box at the end of the day.
Creativity: 8/10

I’m pretty sure I just can’t be harsh in scoring a Christmas project because I just realized I haven’t given below a 22 lol

Mickeynerd17

GOOFY'S VETO REVIEWS
Hulk:
Definitely wasn’t expecting this sort of presentation, but it was definitely a bold move that paid off on a creativity standpoint. Based on what I see from the drawings and things, it all looks very realistic as well. I really don’t understand how you can make art that looks this good haha, that lightbulb looks incredible! Of course, everything looks beautiful, as usual. That being said, I can’t give you a high score on detail just because you didn’t write anything… that being said, great work on the art!

PerGron:

My first thought was: “Why is Ace posting something called PerGron’s Blue Sky Christmas?” so yeah… still not caught up on that haha. This remake of the Night Before Christmas had me laughing… great idea, and of course, Santa Goofy is right up my alley haha! All in all though, I love all the detail and attention that you put into everything. It’s so well thought out, from the addition of Charles Dickens to the Storytime Nook to the Festival of Lights, which I think would be an incredibly unique holiday celebration! I’m interested by how the Carousel of Seasons would look Christmas-y… I like the change from Halloweentown to Christmastown, and I love the shift to Olaf’s Frozen Adventure in Winter Mountain. I like the way you described the papercraft aesthetic in Four Winds Square getting updated, and I like the subtle changes you made in CenterCore Expo. You described the Christmas party very well, and it seems like something that would be very popular in the parks! Great idea adding the Gingerbread House to the Grand American, and you round it out well with the addition of elements in Disney Quarter. All in all, I’m just impressed by the level of thought you put into this. Fantastic job!

Nigel:

I think you shined with the creativity in aspects of this project. For example, I like the idea of the Muppets doing Christmas raps, and you described your shows very well. I really like the original story behind “A Goofy Christmas” and the Wall-E show… both of those are super out of the box ideas! I like the transition from Jack to Sandy Claws, and the Summer Festival transition to Christmas in July is great! I like the crafty aspects you described as well! The Holiday Bash and New Orleans Christmas are both great ideas as well. I think you started out super strong because I absolutely loved the shows at the beginning, but by the end, you were being really vague with descriptions. That being said, the stuff you were detailed on was fantastic! (Also, I literally had this labeled as Outbound’s until I got to his project and saw his name lol)

Outbound:

I like the different shows and events you have represented here and the backstory of Mickey giving the characters various jobs works well in my opinion. Christmas Live sounds like something that would be a ton of fun as a solid background to why Goofy, Chip, and Dale are running the radio station, and adding Adam Sandler is definitely a fun choice… the addition of the Christmas Live app is a great idea as well! Pluto’s Present Hunt is another really great idea that makes the Christmas celebration accessible for everyone. It reminds me of the hunt things they’ve done in Epcot and Disney Springs around the holidays as well, but I think this takes it to another level by making it an app with a pin reward. The Muppet celebration is funny to me… I think this would be so funny for these little skits! Fantastic idea! Good idea on how to update the Four Winds Square, and the appearance of the Floral Parade being like the Rose Bowl Parade is another really unique idea. Festivus is a great idea too! The Sleigh with Oswald is another wonderful idea! All in all, this is one of my favorite projects so far from the combination of really out of the box ideas with enough detail to convey the ideas well!
Creativity: 10/10

Ace:

I really love the attention to art while also describing everything in detail! You adapted the concept art for things like the castle and made them wintry, so I can’t fault you for borrowing lol. I think the idea of putting Santa’s Getaway in Summer Festival is really fun and transforming Holiday Village to Santa’s Village is a nice update as well to really center in on the Santa-ness of everything. I like the idea of putting a huge Christmas tree in 4 Winds Square, but I wish you’d tied it into the papercraft aesthetic. Holidays at Sea is a cool idea to integrate the sea theme further into the park though! All in all, I think you have some really creative ideas, and the art is great, but some of it winds up feeling less detailed.

Dash:

I like your description of the holiday treats and streetmosphere in Harbortown, which definitely adds to the atmosphere! The show idea for Port Voyage sounds fantastic as well! If it was fleshed out in a full scale project, this sounds like something on the scale of Age of Magic, including in terms of emotional appeal. Adventure Atoll has a nice simplistic celebration, and the Seasons of Fantasy changes are nice and subtle. Four Winds Square is a ton of fun with holiday overlays, and I like the description of the snow globe lightbulb! The Grand American has fun and simple ideas for improving the Christmas feel, and I like the New Orleans Christmas feel of Disney Quarter! I just wish there was more detail and maybe a little bit more of a step outside of the box, but it’s still a great concept!

Mickeynerd:

I like the idea behind the Treat Hunt! Great idea giving a treat in addition to a pin! That Christmas Carol Mousse also looks really great haha! I like that you brought in different exclusive treats a lot, and I like the addition of the Candlelight Processional. Like I said, I like the treat idea, and that was something unique and smart in your project; I also think the CenterCore Expo Fibre Optics is a really cool idea. I like the idea behind the parade, but I wish there was more distinction between it and the regular Christmas parade at MK. And everything else- the spectacular, the hotel, and Disney Quarter are all appropriate Christmas festivities. All that being said, I think that you did a good job of implementing a lot of the standard ideas for decorating the parks, but I feel like you didn’t really drastically go out of the box. I also would love to see you start trying to make some of your own concept art rather than just using stock art or other people’s art, just because that really allows me to visualize it better and give you more credit for creativity. I know you put work into making the music tracks, but for me personally, background music doesn’t affect how I view a project; I’ve only used it in the first Veto project and that’s because I know some of the other judges like it lol. All in all, there’s a lot of things to love about this project, but I wish it was more fleshed out and out of the box at the end of the day.

I’m pretty sure I just can’t be harsh in scoring a Christmas project because I just realized I haven’t given below a 22 lol
As a note, I neither have time to make art nor am I good at it, that's why I used stock art. I have literally three term papers due tomorrow at the same time and I was working on this at the same time.

Also, everybody else used stock art, and I created my own logos, so I don't see how I got docked for doing something everyone else did.

All in all, I think your review was not very fair, but opinions are opinions.

Thanks for reviewing though!

goofyyukyuk

As a note, I neither have time to make art nor am I good at it, that's why I used stock art.

Also, everybody else used stock art, and I created my own logos, so I don't see how I got docked for doing something everyone else did.
I didn’t dock you for using stock art this time... you were the only person that borrowed Hulk’s concept art without modifying it at all lol... it was more of a general overview that most everybody else has made art and that’s a part of your game that you could try to improve. I docked you for creativity, like I said, primarily because it didn’t feel very out of the box compared to some of the projects. Like I said though, I still liked it... I’ve never given a round with scores this high before

Mickeynerd17

I didn’t dock you for using stock art this time... you were the only person that borrowed Hulk’s concept art without modifying it at all lol... it was more of a general overview that most everybody else has made art and that’s a part of your game that you could try to improve. I docked you for creativity, like I said, primarily because it didn’t feel very out of the box compared to some of the projects. Like I said though, I still liked it... I’ve never given a round with scores this high before
Aren't logos art??? I made those myself yet it isn't art? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

goofyyukyuk

I didn't say that logos aren't art. But if you're looking at your project, the showstopping artwork was Hulk's work... if I'm comparing logos to concept art, it's tough for a logo to beat out a piece of concept art the majority of the time. I'm not knocking you for your logos; I actually really liked them. I was just suggesting that in the future you may want to consider doing concept art considering that's something other judges have mentioned and a lot of the veteran players excel in. However, it's not really up to me how you play lol

Mickeynerd17

I didn't say that logos aren't art. But if you're looking at your project, the showstopping artwork was Hulk's work... if I'm comparing logos to concept art, it's tough for a logo to beat out a piece of concept art the majority of the time. I'm not knocking you for your logos; I actually really liked them. I was just suggesting that in the future you may want to consider doing concept art considering that's something other judges have mentioned and a lot of the veteran players excel in. However, it's not really up to me how you play lol
Well, sadly my 24/7 365 school schedule can't facilitate making concept art.

Thanks for the advice though.

goofyyukyuk

I totally get it. If I may explain, it was 2 AM and I had started hallucinating. I figured that was a good stopping point 😂
I honestly figured it was something like that lol... maybe not hallucinations, but it felt like you were getting tired writing it or smtg like that, which is definitely understandable hahaha

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Veto Reviews
Mickeyfan actually getting veto reviews in? Whaaaaaa? Yes because I love Disney Christmas way too much. On with the show!

@D Hulk
THE NERVE! THE ABSOLUTE NERVE! What's lacking in detail because of your very unique presentation is made up for in the fact that I get so much of the vibe you're going for here. A sincere, traditional Disney Christmas. It's a treat, for sure.

Total: 21/25

@NigelChanning09
This is a bit smaller scale but is much appreciated. It feels like a wonderfully charming holiday at Disney.

Detail: 4/10

@PerGron
Well... I didn't expect this. I love it tho. I love the use of Goofy as your main character. It differentiates it from the more Mickey-centric events of other resorts. It adds to the creativity in a way that it wouldn't if you had it with Mickey as host. Everything here just works really well and transforms the park in a positive way.

@Outbound
Well, well, well. This is a really unique take on the Christmas event and I LOVE it! The idea of each character having a "job" of sorts is a really smart way to split everything up in terms of presentation and also adds to the story.

@AceAstro
Another smaller project but I enjoy this. I just wish we had MORE here because what's here is good, I just want more.

@DashHaber
I think this is a decent piece. Plenty here but it all feels a bit... dare I say passé? Maybe this is because it's the 6th project I'm reading through but it all feels the same as the others with not much to separate it.

@Mickeynerd17
Ok, you were going for something and I can appreciate what you were going for. That said, Google Docs. Write everything up in one so you don't needlessly split your project into three posts. This is a very strong project with some questionable decisions that really bring it down in my eyes.

I'll unpack all of these more in tonight's More Pooh Talk.​

Mickeynerd17

Veto Reviews
Mickeyfan actually getting veto reviews in? Whaaaaaa? Yes because I love Disney Christmas way too much. On with the show!

@D Hulk
THE NERVE! THE ABSOLUTE NERVE! What's lacking in detail because of your very unique presentation is made up for in the fact that I get so much of the vibe you're going for here. A sincere, traditional Disney Christmas. It's a treat, for sure.

@NigelChanning09
This is a bit smaller scale but is much appreciated. It feels like a wonderfully charming holiday at Disney.

Detail: 4/10

@PerGron
Well... I didn't expect this. I love it tho. I love the use of Goofy as your main character. It differentiates it from the more Mickey-centric events of other resorts. It adds to the creativity in a way that it wouldn't if you had it with Mickey as host. Everything here just works really well and transforms the park in a positive way.

@Outbound
Well, well, well. This is a really unique take on the Christmas event and I LOVE it! The idea of each character having a "job" of sorts is a really smart way to split everything up in terms of presentation and also adds to the story.

@AceAstro
Another smaller project but I enjoy this. I just wish we had MORE here because what's here is good, I just want more.

@DashHaber
I think this is a decent piece. Plenty here but it all feels a bit... dare I say passé? Maybe this is because it's the 6th project I'm reading through but it all feels the same as the others with not much to separate it.

@Mickeynerd17
Ok, you were going for something and I can appreciate what you were going for. That said, Google Docs. Write everything up in one so you don't needlessly split your project into three posts. This is a very strong project with some questionable decisions that really bring it down in my eyes.

I'll unpack all of these more in tonight's More Pooh Talk.​
"questionable?"

Let me take a good guess, you didn't like my synth christmas music. XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom