1970's Walt Disney World photos.

Minnie1976

Fantasyland 1977

197810DWFantasyLand.jpg

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
These are beautiful!

I hope we invent a time machine soon, I really want to visit Magic Kingdom in the 70's! I'd love to see everyone dress up nicely to go to MK. :sohappy:

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

mergatroid

Great thread with some great pictures. It's strange but I started going in the later 70's and I have memories of it in my head. However when you think back you forget the difference in fashion, looking back you can't imagine yourself not finding it odd then but you didn't.

Spike-in-Berlin

Guest back then would dress up for a day at MK. Now half the guests look as if they just rolled out of bed.

Exactly what I though when I saw these pictures. If you take a look at pictures from DL from the 50ies and 60ies people even wore suits and ties. I have to admit that would be a little too hot in Florida climate but I really think that we all lost a lot of style compared to these people.

My folks went opening year, and started taking my brother and I when we were small, we still go every year for a week. They just hit their 40th Anniversary, so when we go in December it will be special in that Disney will have just passed it's 40th Anniversary.

This was in 1983. We plan to do the same photo this year, and this time I'll wear the Pirate gear!

screen-capture-2-3.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What year was the canoe paddling? I never did see that, but then we missed the swan boats, too.

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes debuted in Frontierland on opening day at Walt Disney World. A C ticket was required for guests to board the 35-foot (11 m) long canoes from a dock located to the north of the Tom Sawyer Island raft launch and travel along the same path as other watercraft on the Rivers of America. Walt Disney World permanently closed the attraction in 1994.

(Wikipedia)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

Minnie1976

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes debuted in Frontierland on opening day at Walt Disney World. A C ticket was required for guests to board the 35-foot (11 m) long canoes from a dock located to the north of the Tom Sawyer Island raft launch and travel along the same path as other watercraft on the Rivers of America. Walt Disney World permanently closed the attraction in 1994.

(Wikipedia)
Thanks for the information. Most of the time we went in the fall and maybe they weren't running.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom