1970's Walt Disney World photos.

Minnie1976

197710DWTopiarys.jpg

EvilQueen-T

i think my pixie dust levels must be low - i'm feeling more disney villain than disney princess right now because i look at the pic and think...ugh no air conditioning (it's like 100 here today) and i wonder if even half of the people in the pic are still alive. thanks goodness i only have 2 weeks until i get a few days at wdw to recharge.

The Empress Lilly

i think my pixie dust levels must be low - i'm feeling more disney villain than disney princess right now because i look at the pic and think...ugh no air conditioning (it's like 100 here today) and i wonder if even half of the people in the pic are still alive. thanks goodness i only have 2 weeks until i get a few days at wdw to recharge.
Hah!

Unlike today's weaklings, back in the 1970s we didn't mind the heat. And that's despite us being all properly dressed too! :D

EvilQueen-T

it's funny you say that about being properly dressed. i have a pic from 77. my step mom and her sister wore slacks, blouses tucked in, carried regular purses, and their hair was done. i'm a t-shirt, sneakers, and hair pulled up kind of girl now lol. as for minding the heat we were all skinnier back then so maybe that has something to do with it.

nankeldisney821

Scan094.jpg

Gotta love the sweaters! That's me on the right, my brother next to me and my sister is in the back to the left, yup, with the same sweater on! And I have no idea who the girl is with her back to the camera in the same sweater!!
I am assuming this is around 1978-1979. Not sure though

Minnie1976

The Aunt Polly picture was taken in the fall so not as hot as in the summer. When you look at the picture, think of a cool fall breeze blowing and a front had just passed. HA! HA!

EvilQueen-T

Scan094.jpg

Gotta love the sweaters! That's me on the right, my brother next to me and my sister is in the back to the left, yup, with the same sweater on! And I have no idea who the girl is with her back to the camera in the same sweater!!
I am assuming this is around 1978-1979. Not sure though

was it maybe a cousin or friend of the family in the same sweater??? my sister and i go once a year and we always have at least one day with matching t-shirts as a throw back to when we went to wdw growing up. we still feel like big dorks but no one knows you when your there anyway so we just have fun with it.

nankeldisney821

was it maybe a cousin or friend of the family in the same sweater??? my sister and i go once a year and we always have at least one day with matching t-shirts as a throw back to when we went to wdw growing up. we still feel like big dorks but no one knows you when your there anyway so we just have fun with it.

Nope, we only went with our family or another family that lived in Tampa and their kids were older. It is weird...but I can't think of anyone that it may be that we could have gone with. I just think it is someone else who had the same awesome fashion sense that we did! :ROFLOL:

dorothy_l

I hope you cana read the attractions that were A,B,C,D,E and also the break for children. Now a child has to have an adult ticket by age 10, but back then it was 18. There were 3 price breakdowns. Might not have been a lot, but it was something.

DSCN5774.jpg

DSCN5778.jpg

Wow prices have changed! Thanks for great pics!

minnie2000

:lol:

Nothing says 70's cool like butterfly collars and hot pants....on a dude!

Hey - that's my Dad!!! :ROFLOL:

We all laugh at my dad, he is totally colour blind (seriously) and does not care at all about clothes, so he wears what my mother sets out for him. I always think of him when I hear the song 'dedicated follower of fashion' because he just wears what he's told to!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom