1970's Walt Disney World photos.

tink2044

Only ONE stroller in sight!! And its not obnoxiously huge, either!
Back in the 70's I don't think anyone brought their own strollers. We always rented one. There weren't any corrals to hold the strollers either around the attractions. Of course, our strollers were those big, metal fold up ones. So once they were in the trunk you couldn't fit your suitcases. HA! HA! I am amazed at the amount of strollers today, and they huge ones people have to carry on the buses.

Krack

Back in the 70's I don't think anyone brought their own strollers. We always rented one.

My parents brought a stroller for me in late 70s. It wasn't much more than four wheels, two metal sticks, and some canvas stretched between them. And it could fold inwards and was slightly larger than a folded umbrella (weighed about the same too). I was a toddler and apparently hated having to sit in it.

The Empress Lilly

197710DWFAntasyland2.jpg
Toad, the Skyway, and on the left another disappeared attraction. The rocks and the distinctive lamppost are 20k. :sohappy:

Oh, the bliss!

These pictures show that there is nothing inevitable about massive strollers, strollers everywhere, infatilised theme parks aimed at kids, obesity, golf carts to drive people around, huge crowds, 'all too casual' clothes, a Main Street turned into a strip mall.

Sometimes I do miss the old days. :cry:

surfsupdon

Ahh, the Main Street Flower Mkt. looks great.

It was a tradition to stop for a picture there on day one of Magic Kingdom. It was a beautiful spot.

Now it's part of that massive Emporium, selling everything that can be bought in Frontierland, or Epcot, or Yacht Club gift shop, you know everywhere else on property.

tink2044

Ahh, the Main Street Flower Mkt. looks great.

It was a tradition to stop for a picture there on day one of Magic Kingdom. It was a beautiful spot.

Now it's part of that massive Emporium, selling everything that can be bought in Frontierland, or Epcot, or Yacht Club gift shop, you know everywhere else on property.
Yes, it was a beautiful spot. Until you go back and look at your pictures you sometimes forget the little extras that are now missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom