News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

Bocabear

The interior looks fine. The menu is going to be a barrier, as I’ve mentioned before. It’s rather head-scratching to have a character buffet aimed at kids with that menu. “It’s elevated!!!” isn’t going to feed kids looking for Mickey waffles and bacon.
Then don't go...there are plenty of other character breakfast places..... Every place does not have to have the same menu just because it has characters..... Your kids won't eat the food? Go to Chef Mickey's...

LSLS

The interior looks fine. The menu is going to be a barrier, as I’ve mentioned before. It’s rather head-scratching to have a character buffet aimed at kids with that menu. “It’s elevated!!!” isn’t going to feed kids looking for Mickey waffles and bacon.
I mean, I think the character part is ridiculous at this point, but they absolutely have these things on the buffet. Beyond the pictures, it's listed on their website. Honestly my kids might love the food choice here between eggs, bacon, mickey waffles, doughnut holes, and cinnamon bread (but there is 0 chance I'm spending over $200 for waffles and bacon). I mean, if you want to really complain on the menu, how do you have a completely out of place Tianna and yet not have beignets? I will say the dinner menu looks ridiculous to me though. From shrimp to salmon with saffron to curry to gumbo to focaccia and Mediterranean salad.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Then don't go...there are plenty of other character breakfast places..... Every place does not have to have the same menu just because it has characters..... Your kids won't eat the food? Go to Chef Mickey's...
This is not about me, my kids grew out of this a decade ago. And Chef Mickey's isn't a substitute for anything resembling "good food".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I mean, I think the character part is ridiculous at this point, but they absolutely have these things on the buffet. Beyond the pictures, it's listed on their website. Honestly my kids might love the food choice here between eggs, bacon, mickey waffles, doughnut holes, and cinnamon bread (but there is 0 chance I'm spending over $200 for waffles and bacon). I mean, if you want to really complain on the menu, how do you have a completely out of place Tianna and yet not have beignets? I will say the dinner menu looks ridiculous to me though. From shrimp to salmon with saffron to curry to gumbo to focaccia and Mediterranean salad.
Interesting. Those were either there all along and never announced or else were a last-minute addition, because the breakfast menu announced (like on the main site here) did not include traditional favorites such as waffles, bacon, sausage, etc. (The menu on the main site was updated recently, however). No issue with beignets, myself.

Disone

But it can be both and in this case they do in fact have Mickey waffles and bacon on the buffet. So the kids should be okay.

“Murals,” “drawings,” and “portaits” do not equate to architectural detail. Art, yes; architecture, no. Especially when intending to represent a Victorian beach resort or a carousel from the Gilded Age…

That is what is lazy about it.
I agree 💯. It is lazy. Next version will just be "All brand new Disney Emojis! You can pull up on your phone to experience this amazing and immersive environment!"

And you're right, what a fabulous theme to work with! And what disappointing, uncreative results.

I understand they're trying to promote the Tiana's Bayou retheming of Splash, but putting aside the bizarre melange of characters that will be at 1900 Park Fare (ironically celebrating the power of a wish, because literally nobody wished to see this grouping!), why on earth are they having Tiana appear in her "bayou adventure" costume?

Every other character (even Aladdin) gets to appear in lavish or royal outfits (or at least, attractive ones, e.g., Mirabel), and in comparison, Princess Tiana will look like she just got off a double shift skippering a Jungle Cruise boat. No magic, no fantasy, no glamor, and no relationship whatsoever to her actual wish of owning a restaurant (e.g., something that could be better suggested if she was dressed in the sultry white flapper dress she wears when fantasizing about her restaurant in the movie, or the elegant green gown she wears when her restaurant is shown in the final scene.)

Any way you slice it, this roster, and that insulting snoozer of a costume, are a giant lost opportunity.

images
The costume is outrageous. It's not even cute!!!! I could maybe possibly understand if it was an awesome sporty CUTE costume.

This is hideous and cumbersome. Something a lunch lady would wear.

Honestly, what on Earth are they thinking??

It's disrespectful and gross.

Surely this costume won't last right?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I agree 💯. It is lazy. Next version will just be "All brand new Disney Emojis! You can pull up on your phone to experience this amazing and immersive environment!"

And you're right, what a fabulous theme to work with! And what disappointing, uncreative results.
Because what was there before was the pinnacle of immersion, right? :rolleyes:

Yes.

(Starting with a tangent, I've really been trying hard not to say this, but honestly... why would Disney saddle the only black character with the most unflattering, informal, unisex, utilitarian costume yet devised for any Disney leading lady? Even explorer Jane Porter (from Tarzan) got to look beautiful and feminine. If you're going to promote the Splash retheme by pushing Tiana to the forefront, at least allow her to look her regal best! She's a princess making an appearance at a "stylish" restaurant (Disney's word), for crying out loud! And the movie already features her in its finale in a beautiful early 1900s gown, in an early 1900s restaurant, so the exact costume that this occasion calls for has already been designed and field-tested! This should have been a no-brainer.) [Exuent tangent.]

38b2c6167e2639cd14e39a4a65d07d94.jpg

Rather, as you suggest, @James Alucobond, all of the characters should be wearing new or revamped elegant and formal early 1900s costumes, to fit with the restaurant's elegant and formal "early 20th century" theme. If putting a particular character (e.g., Aladdin) in that kind of outfit would look ridiculous, then that answers the question of whether they belong at this character meal at all!

Sorry, Disney. "Characters Who Wished For Something" does not a cohesive theme make! What's next, "Characters Who Talk?" "Characters Who Were Part of a Story"? "Characters Who Eat Food"? "Characters With Names?" ;)
Please say it because that's exactly what I'm thinking too!!

It's so disrespectful.

And perfect reference to Jane from Tarzan, she has a sporty look that is still beautiful and feminine.

I just can't imagine this hideous costume will last. It is genuinely offensive.

Wished Peter Pan or Hercules could had been a part of this in lieu of Cinderella, bc, Cindy is already at two meals on WDW property, I know she's more popular than the other two that I'd listed, hopefully Pan or Herc would be a part of the meal when one of the four advertised characters don't appear on a particular day like how the Bon Voyage Breakfast had backup characters when someone like Flynn didn't make it and instead Merida shows up (as of an example)
Please not Peter Pan. I already dislike the creepy man-child stalking around the Magic Kingdom 😒

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom