News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

Castle Cake Apologist

Disney IP in a Disney resort? Say it ain't so!

Ooh, fun! I love when we pretend that a resort designed, built and operated by Disney for some reason needs Disney cartoon characters added to it to be considered "Disney."

How exactly was the resort not "Disney" before? Beyond that, can you explain to me how these specific Disney IPs fit within the theme of the resort? Or is the theme of the resort "Disney cartoon characters who make wishes" now?

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Ooh, fun! I love when we pretend that a resort designed, built and operated by Disney for some reason needs Disney cartoon characters added to it to be considered "Disney."

How exactly was the resort not "Disney" before? Beyond that, can you explain to me how these specific Disney IPs fit within the theme of the resort? Or is the theme of the resort "Disney cartoon characters who make wishes" now?

I’m just saying it’s not the most shocking thing in the world for a company to infuse their IP into their assets.

What I see is painted portraits, regardless of the subject painted, those framed portraits look appropriate to the space for me.

Disone

Inhale, exhale, repeat.

No one said the resort wasn't Disney before.

You seem really fired up about this but it's nothing to be fired up about.

1900 Park Fair has always been a character buffet. The characters used did not necessarily tie directly into the grand floridian theme. This is not new. It didn't need to be explained then and it doesn't need to be explained now. I will agree with you it would be nice if they did but that ship has sailed.

The restaurant has definitely received a very nice upgrade.... decorated infinitely better than what it was before.

The center space previously had all the aesthetics of a vacant sound stage, now is ornate with beautiful chandeliers, gigantic mirrors and lots of meticulously framed and very large pictures that all represent a moment that a wish is being made or granted from a Disney movie. They are beautiful, plentiful, and there's nothing cheap looking about any of them. You don't necessarily have to love it, but there's absolutely no denying that this is an upgrade from the previous 1900 Park Fair.

If you're nostalgic for the four old carousel critters that used to live here, there are pictures of them in the smaller back room, and they are also on the wallpaper in the entry foyer.

And of course Big Bertha remains. And now thanks to being framed better than before, she truly stands out as a genuine show piece.

This this is not the cheaper version being marketed as if it's better.

This is literally better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

First look at the all-new 1900 Park Fare character breakfast at Walt Disney World​

1900-Park-Fare_Full_55571.jpg

1900-Park-Fare_Full_55582.jpg

1900-Park-Fare_Full_55581.jpg

1900-Park-Fare_Full_55556.jpg

1900-Park-Fare_Full_55578.jpg

More photos of the buffet menu items at https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/190...4-1900-park-fare-character-breakfast-2024.htm

UNCgolf

I think they're very limited with what they can do in that space, which has always felt like it was originally designed to be a ballroom or conference room as opposed to a restaurant.

The interior is definitely an aesthetic improvement over what was there before, regardless of any theme concerns people have.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The interior looks fine. The menu is going to be a barrier, as I’ve mentioned before. It’s rather head-scratching to have a character buffet aimed at kids with that menu. “It’s elevated!!!” isn’t going to feed kids looking for Mickey waffles and bacon.

Disney Analyst

The interior looks fine. The menu is going to be a barrier, as I’ve mentioned before. It’s rather head-scratching to have a character buffet aimed at kids with that menu. “It’s elevated!!!” isn’t going to feed kids looking for Mickey waffles and bacon.

I’m confused. I just looked through @wdwmagic’s photos. It looks like a normal breakfast buffet?

Bocabear

Then don't go...there are plenty of other character breakfast places..... Every place does not have to have the same menu just because it has characters..... Your kids won't eat the food? Go to Chef Mickey's...

LSLS

I mean, I think the character part is ridiculous at this point, but they absolutely have these things on the buffet. Beyond the pictures, it's listed on their website. Honestly my kids might love the food choice here between eggs, bacon, mickey waffles, doughnut holes, and cinnamon bread (but there is 0 chance I'm spending over $200 for waffles and bacon). I mean, if you want to really complain on the menu, how do you have a completely out of place Tianna and yet not have beignets? I will say the dinner menu looks ridiculous to me though. From shrimp to salmon with saffron to curry to gumbo to focaccia and Mediterranean salad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom