News 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort reopening in April 2024

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
$54/person for THAT breakfast?!?!

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

LSLS

I’m not really sure what people were expecting. It’s a restaurant at Walt Disney World, inside the grand Floridian, with characters. It’s in line with other pricing. It’s $15 less than Cinderellas Royal Table.

That's not a fair comparison though. I think the comparisons have to be Cape May, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine, and maybe Akershus? I will say personally as someone who hasn't really done a sit character breakfast in 5 years or so (maybe more?), I was shocked how much all the prices have actually risen. I think the shock of the price turned to more shock when I looked at the other prices (so benefit of the doubt, maybe the people surprised at the price here are similar to me). That said, it looks like they have this on par with Chef Mickey, which is above most others outside of Akershus. Maybe a bit high, but it's not insane by comparison to other WDW character buffets. Personally the whole thing makes me kind of laugh at this point. I mean, we've just abandoned theming at this point, right? You have a dressed up Prince, a princess in Bayou clothes, and food from EVERYWHERE.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I’m not really sure what people were expecting. It’s a restaurant at Walt Disney World, inside the grand Floridian, with characters. It’s in line with other pricing. It’s $15 less than Cinderellas Royal Table.
They need something to complain about. Otherwise their lives have no meaning. It's the tale as old as time.

WDW still has more reasonable theme park food prices than others.

peter11435

So what you are saying is that because they overcharge at other restaurants, it is fine to charge even more at this one...got it!
No I’m saying it’s in-line with their pricing elsewhere. I even gave you an example of another princess breakfast that costs $15 more than this one. Akershus is also $1 more. So they aren’t charging “even more at this one”

seabreezept813

Does this one serve lunch or does it close in the afternoon? I know lunch and dinner prices are the same at character meals. But I know some character meals like Ohana are only for certain eating periods.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom