16 Days of Free Dining Trip Report, Big Toe Nails Included!

If you are offended by sarcasm, vulgar comments, and people dressed in thongs, speedos, or sweaters when its 90 degrees then please stop here. Oh if you hate people with long toe nails...stop reading as well. I am not going to post my food pictures in this thread. I am going to create a TR for our meals because its just too much! I have WAY too many pictures of food and stuff and I'd rather post park pictures here and get everyone all hot and bothered with food in another thread of it's own. Actually the real reason is that you can only do 10 pics per post. For those wanting to read the food report the link is here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=635197 Enjoy!

Day Number 1

Well this day started out LONG before it ever began. I woke up the previous day at 9:30am. I had a hockey game at 10:50pm that same night. Once I got home from hockey I was all wound up and COULD NOT sleep at all. Normally after I play I have a hard time sleeping...add in the fact we leave for the airport now in a few hours and I am pretty much screwed. Colleen could not sleep either. She slept like an hour an a half. That is it.

So our flight is at 9:15am on Monday (Labor Day) So we left for the airport at like 6:30am. Our airport is like 25 mins from our house and it is weird but Pittsburgh International Airport is 25 minutes outside of Pittsburgh, yeah it is not even IN Pittsburgh. Oh well. We left super early because we had NO idea what to expect at the airport being that it was Monday. Well we were the ONLY car on the road. It was very weird. We get to the airport and it was the same thing. We walked right to baggage check in, then we walked right through TSA no waits or anything. Ironically a lot of our trip was going to be like this but more on that later. We now have a bit of a while to kill at the airport.

Me I like to people watch, and wonder if I will see someone I know on my flight or anything goofy like that. Well it is time to board and I do not know anyone. We had a great flight. No bumps, or anything. Here are some pictures from the flight...

Airplane1.jpg

Airplane7.jpg

So we land get off the plane and with no mistakes, wrong turns or anything we get straight to the Magical Express!

MagicalExpress4.jpg

MagicalExpress5.jpg

Oh yeah and we can't forget the awesome people checking in for their flight in their PJ's...

MCO2.jpg

Yeah, pretty classy. Anyways...it is time to head to Walt F'ing Disney World.

We get to the entrance or so we thought was the entrance to Pop Century!

PopCentury1.jpg

I say we thought it was the entrance because even though it is, it seems like you have another 33 miles to drive once you turn in here. After getting through online check in very easily with no wait it was off to our room in the 90's building!

PopCentury4.jpg

We finally got to the room. First floor room about 50 yards from the pool...

So we get settled in and relax for a while, gather up everything we need and a whole 5 minutes later we are out the door and on our way to Epcot for lunch at Season's Grill. We both had the salmon and mashed potatoes. I had the strawberry shortcake, and she had the chocolate mousse cake. Although still pretty good for a CS meal Sunshine was a let down. They changed EVERYTHING. The salmon, the potatoes, the pork-jus sauce...Aside from going back for dessert this was the only time we ate here, and we planned on eating here a bunch. Oh well let's go get on the Monorail and head to MK shall we?

We get to the TTC and decide to catch the boat over. We never did it before and thought it would be fun. It was cool...got some sweet pictures on the way over...

Contemporary2.jpg

GrandFloridian3.jpg

First thing we did was head over to Space Mountain. We had a 5 minute wait. After space we went over to Buzz and shot some targets! We then went and got Fast Passes for Peter Pan, then went on The Haunted Mansion. Outside of The Mansion was our friend Nick. We met Nick last September through Tom and Sarah. That is probably the only good thing that came out of meeting Tom, so I guess thanks? Anyways we rode Pirates, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. After BTM it was time for California Grill. First time eating here for both of us so we were pretty excited. It was a beatiful day out as you could see from the ealier pictures so we hoped we would get a nice window seat. We did.

CaliforniaGrill6.jpg

There it is. In the time it took to get off of the Monorail and get up to our table 10 mins? It poured...and did not stop. Oh well. On to our dinner...I had the Filet, and Colleen had the Sushi Platter. We both had Chocolate Creme...The meal was good but it is NOT worth the price, or 2 dining credits at all. Our server was great. I am not mad or upset we went there...but we will probably not go back again.

After we ate Colleen had a headache and I was BEAT. We both decided we should just go back and get sleep and go full stride tomorrow. When we got back to Pop I decided I'd go get us some drinks and when I got to the cafe they were doing the "Mom's Night Out Dinners" I got the fried chicken dinner. It was pretty bad. My cornbread tasted like fish and Colleen agreed. She did not want to eat at all being we JUST ate but this was the only chance I'd get at this meal so I got it anyway. She agreed to the fishy taste of it. Oh well. F a duck like I always say...

After that I walked to the nearest trash can and pitched it all and we went to sleep.

LeafsFanNL

Beats the 50 ish European 200 pond means wearing slimmer speedos than that I used to see in Cuba all the time. Along with their similar wives with thong bottoms only.

TakeMeThere81

One of my goals for our next trip is to get my camera out and take MORE pics of crazy people. I always see them, but ignore it and move on, shaking my head. Not this time...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
How do you manage to get all these pics of crazy people without getting a poke in the schnozz?

I don't really care to get caught I guess. I mean they know what they looked like before they left thier room that day. How can they be mad. Wasn't nobody else walking aroung around MK looking like a Zebra and a Tiger.

TakeMeThere81

How do you manage to get all these pics of crazy people without getting a poke in the schnozz?

It's really easy! IF they mention it(which most people might give you a funny look but most don't have the guts to come out and get mad), then I just act like I was checking something on my camera. "Um...ok, yes, the flash works!" blah blah blah. As long as they don't forcefully ask to review your pics(highly unlikely), then you're safe!

LeafsFanNL

Talk about annoying people, we had our boy's school Christmas Concert on Wednesday night. All of the parents were crammed into the gym, and we were all trying to snap a shot or two. I cannot stand the morons who stand up for two or three minutes running a video camera, and blocking off dozens of people behind them, I was so upset I snapped a few photos of these people.

lbrad

Your pictures are always GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you for sharing :wave:
I can not wait for my next trip in Sept.

Still hoping for a July trip bot NO discounts yet:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom