150 WDW photos from 1980

Wow, surprisingly not a whole lot has changed. I didn't know the Jungle Cruise has been there so long, and that it is EXACTLY the same.

Honestly, aside from a few photo's, I can't tell much difference between those 1980 pics of MK and 2004 pics of MK.

Cool stuff.

bigfatdonna

Wow, and to think that I was just 10 years old!! Thanks for sharing! I love it! Oh, and the hair-dos represented here are utterly fabulous! :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

Those are excellent photos. You always find the best and get them in quantity, and of course great quality as well. Thanks for sharing. If only I was born before then so I could see the history of WDW through the years.

civileng68

Account Suspended
great!`

Great photos!

As some areas don't seem to have changed much, and I find it cool how the monorails (exterior) looks the same (if not the same trains I guess).

However, Fantasyland looks so much better then than it does today. Today's version looks like a wasteland compared to back then. There's no real character to fantasyland today whereas then it looked like incredibly unique.

Slipknot

Ok who the heck was the character with an orange for a head? I was born a year after these pics were taken so I don't remember seeing him or her in a Disney film or tv show and definitly don't remember seeing him/her at the parks.

MKCP 1985

Thanks for again bringing us great photos from the history of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. All those wonderful pictures of Main Street, USA, but none showing the Magic Shop (the subject of a recent thread). Nobody knew it would one day be gone!

I love the pics of the Mickey Mouse head shaped balloons you used to could buy on Main Street. They were so cool, but the Mylar/Kevlar whatever balloons they sell now certainly last much longer. Oh, well. Thanks again!

epcotfan

Wow, thanks for sharing :) Those are great. I first started going to MK in 1976. I wish I had more photos from all those previous trips. *Note to self* Beg mom for old photo albums :cool:

mandib

I love looking at old pics so thanks for sharing. I didn't take my first trip til '94 partly because I wasn't born until '89. lol By any chance do you have any of the opening of the Disney Studios?

artvandelay

The quality of the pictures has held up. Were they originally taken as slides?

Great shots. My first visit was March of 1980.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom