10-29-05 Everest photo update (Some walls are down!)

Mission: SPACE

Mickeyman819 said:
A little bit more of a tid bit. Casting from within the disneywill be starting Nov 12th. Just thought id throw that out there. Not sure when they will be going to outside sources if they do.

Just so you all know, opening teams usually are made up from cast members from within the company... I'll be interviewing. I made it as an opening trainer for LMA... so look out Everest, here I come!

juan

Hey, I'm not starting rumors or anything, but Everest will be rideable in late Dec. Thats not a date for soft openings or anything. It is unclear at the moment of who will be able to ride, but the point is that by that time, ride-ops will be able to dispatch trains containing people.

CaptainMichael

juan said:
Hey, I'm not starting rumors or anything, but Everest will be rideable in late Dec. Thats not a date for soft openings or anything. It is unclear at the moment of who will be able to ride, but the point is that by that time, ride-ops will be able to dispatch trains containing people.
Yeah, Imagineers, crew, and of course, dummies!

dumboflyer

juan said:

In spite of all of the many, many naysayers on this site, I'm choosing to be optimistic. Thanks for the info!

CaptainMichael

dumboflyer said:
In spite of all of the many, many naysayers on this site, I'm choosing to be optimistic. Thanks for the info!
Well, it will be rideable...it is now, but not to the common man. The first guests will probably randomly selected by men disguised as bushes, taken to an undisclosed location, put on the ride, surveyed at the end, and lastly, deprogramed with Disney's brainwashing techniques (which includes riding IaSW 50 times in succession.)

speck76

it is funny....for the year+ I have been around here, certain members have done nothing but bash Disney for being cheap, and for cutting back on WDI....well.....this attraction looks to be top-notch. Perhaps WDC does actually know what they are doing.

CaptainMichael

speck76 said:
it is funny....for the year+ I have been around here, certain members have done nothing but bash Disney for being cheap, and for cutting back on WDI....well.....this attraction looks to be top-notch. Perhaps WDC does actually know what they are doing.
Yep, Expedition Everest must have the number crunchers going nuts!!! In all honesty, EE should definitely bolster DAK attendance numbers. It is at least a start. I'm hoping it is a sign of great things to come to DAK.

speck76

it is too bad they had to remove so much dirt and weeds to construct it......I mean......think about the people that spents thousands of $$ to come and see the dirt and weeds.

CaptainMichael

speck76 said:
it is too bad they had to remove so much dirt and weeds to construct it......I mean......think about the people that spents thousands of $$ to come and see the dirt and weeds.
Hopefully, thousands more will come to see what became of the dirt and weeds. For a guest who hasn't been there in past 2 years, a lot has happened to that patch of dirt!!!

monkeytrouble

Exciting....

Great pics, thx alot :)
I'm getting more and more exicited by the minute
Any word on the official opening date?
Somewhere in spring April perhaps?

goofyman

Captain Hank said:
I just can't get over how incredible the theming of the village is. From some angles, if I didn't know better, I'd think they were actual pictures of the Himilayan region. Bravo, Imagineering! :sohappy: Can't wait to see what the actual attraction looks like.

Oh, and the Everest site isn't working for me. The page loads, but it's blank.

I agree, what an amazing job they did.

Craig & Lisa

You know, the colors in the concept art picture and the colors in the actual attraction are exactly the same, that says alot for the WDI, sometimes colors don't follow from concept to reality, the last time I saw it was from a distance, top of BB, we weren't there long enough to get to AK, so we'll be having breakfast in AK in less than three weeks so I'll be able to get some really great picture's of it. I just hope I don't soil myself when I see it up close.:lookaroun :eek: :eek:

JEDIsney

Great pictures! The whole area, the mountain and the village, is looking so amazing. I can't wait to see it in person. Only 19 days left!

ImagineeringOrg

Many thanks for posting the pics!

On our trip to WDW at the beginning of the month we never made it over to AK to check Everest out (too many temptations at the Food and Wine Festival :slurp:. We drove by AK on the way to the AK Lodge and I was amazed at how tall the mountain is.

For those who want a bit more insight into the whole Everest experience, I wholeheartedly recommend Jon Krakauer's book, Into Thin Air. He climbed Everest, and you get a real feel for what it is like--minus the freezing temperatures, lack of oxygen, and risk of death. :cool:

speck76

I met Dr Beck Weathers....he was a speaker for a group at one of my hotels....he lost a hand, part of another, and his nose due to frostbite.....was left for dead a few times by his climbing party....wrote the book Left for Dead: My Journey Home from Everest

SirGoofy

Awsome pics! The village looks great. I nticed that they put that painting of the yeti up on the construction wall. This leads me to believe that the yeti will look a lot different then that pic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom