10-29-05 Everest photo update (Some walls are down!)

KumbaRider

That is amazing. As others have said already, it is incredible how accurately depicted the attraction is relative to the concept art. In certain pictures, I could not tell if I was really looking at photo or if it was a painting. WDI has done an excellent job.

This will definitely boost attendance levels at AK.

OmegaKnight

I have an interview on November 15 to be on the opening merchandise team for Everest. I feel really confident in myself in being able to get it. Also, the mountain is looking simply amazing.

1stStarIC2nite

It's absolutely stunning. Everything. It really shows how far Disney is willing to go to create a story that adds just that much more to an attraction. That is what separates Disney from anything else. I can't wait to ride this (hopefully in March!) :D

imamouse

Great pictures - thanks for sharing! Photo #15, with the lights strung back and forth across the walk way makes me wonder if AK will begin extending their regular park hours (not just open late for EMH). I realize that the animals have to go to their barns in the evening, but aside from KS and the 2 animal trails; PF & MJT, most of AK could operate as late as the other parks (?). Just something that makes me go hmmmmm.

imagineersrock

Original Poster
imamouse said:
Great pictures - thanks for sharing! Photo #15, with the lights strung back and forth across the walk way makes me wonder if AK will begin extending their regular park hours (not just open late for EMH). I realize that the animals have to go to their barns in the evening, but aside from KS and the 2 animal trails; PF & MJT, most of AK could operate as late as the other parks (?). Just something that makes me go hmmmmm.

With the opening of Everest growing closer and closer, it's definitely one step in the right direction as far as AK becoming a later-closing park.

Not sure if you've seen the photos Steve put up a while back on the main site before, but in the event you haven't I think you'd enjoy seeing them.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/animalkingdom_afterdark.htm

:)

animal_king1990

I agree that they should open Animal Kingdom as long as MK and the other parks. Even if the animals are not awake, we can still ride EE and the other E/D ticket attractions like KRR, Dinosaur, PW, and ITTBAB. One question, would they still be operating KS even though most of the animals are sleeping?

imagineersrock

Original Poster
animal_king1990 said:
I agree that they should open Animal Kingdom as long as MK and the other parks. Even if the animals are not awake, we can still ride EE and the other E/D ticket attractions like KRR, Dinosaur, PW, and ITTBAB. One question, would they still be operating KS even though most of the animals are sleeping?

All I've ever heard was this, (once again) from the main site:

Janaury 6 2000: Kilimanamjaro Night Safaris

During the extended opening hours over Christmas, AK ran the awesome night safaris. New for this year, the safaris runs a different show starting at dusk. A whole new audio track accompanies the tour, with animal sounds appearing in the distance, comments from Wilson, an encounter with Miss Jobson, a local tribe wedding, and of course a chase with the poachers! Seeing the tour a night is a totally different experience. Some of the animals were resting in plain sight of the ride, and others, like the lions were more active than they are in the day! The savannah had no lighting, just the light rigs that were attached to each vehicle. The lighting was automated to vary light levels at different points, and the spotter (there were 2 CMs in each vehicle) could control one of the spot lights to highlight animals etc.

AK CMs have really made an effort with this show - they should definitely continue it as often as they can! Great job to any CMs reading!

I am unsure however, if they ever brought this back besides that one trial period back then---but it sounds like it would be very enjoyable. Did anyone reading this have the opportunity to experience it or have any insight regarding if it will ever be brought back?

Teenchy

WOW and for the 50th time great pics. :sohappy:

Could they tempt us anymore by lowering that wall to the point of just stepping over it. :hammer: .

I'm just saying that if you read something about some WDW nut jumping the wall in mid December and trying to climb EE in search of the Yeti....then I guess I wont be posting anymore. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom