‘The American Idol Experience’ Attraction Celebrates First Year with ‘Dream Ticket’ R

DocMcHulk

Maybe, but the DHS version will be gone in the not too distant future. It was a quick fix for a park crying out for capacity and failed miserably compared to the suits forcasts. They have to try to rekindle interest with PR like this.

The show will go sooner rather than later. Before it becomes another relic like the tour.

1) Will its departure be part of the re-branding/re-visioning of Hollywood Studios?
2) What could go in it's place?

s8film40

When they first opened it I didn't think it would be relevant long since American Idol is already on it's way out. The attraction should be ok for maybe one more year. I think now it wasn't such a bad idea after all launching an attraction for American Idol. Now with Xfactor coming soon as soon as American Idol attraction slows down they can just convert the attraction to The Xfactor Experience. Probably wouldn't be very much work at all.

hrcollectibles

What Happens if American Idol gets canceled? Would Disney still keep the American Idol Experience open? If so what would the winner each day get?

aladdin2007

No I have heard it may be gone soon and Martin just confirmed it here.

Im glad, would love to see a classic dark ride go in that space. Its just all a bit hokey and cheesy on the outside anyway. Could they put a ride in there if they wanted to? Or is that location not really doable being kinda in the middle of the park?

Figment632

Im glad, would love to see a classic dark ride go in that space. Its just all a bit hokey and cheesy on the outside anyway. Could they put a ride in there if they wanted to? Or is that location not really doable being kinda in the middle of the park?

I don't think there is enough room there it might have to expand into SD but who would carse about that?

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
Honestly, what is with the over the top hate for AIE? It is a very well produced show IMO. I'll admit that the only time I will go and see it is if it is the finale show, but that is normally a pretty good show, and not only does it fill up in the theater, but draws a huge crowd outside as well. It may not be the best thing they could have there, but, like the PR that Disney released says, at least it gives the Hollywood Studios name a little bit of truth to it by producing this show everyday and giving off the appearance of something being taped there.

Would you rather have the nothing that was there for years, or at least have a show that can eat some people and keep them away from the major attractions? I mean seriously, if they get rid of it, they get rid of it. Don't sit here complaining about it though. It isn't something like Stitch that replaced a better attraction. It filled an empty studio. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself and quit your bit.ching. It is so annoying to read the same thing over and over (specifically from Figment632). Shut up and deal with it. This thread was made to celebrate a contestant from AIE making it all the way to the top 5 on the real show and you guys turn this into a bash the AIE thread. Again, I don't claim this as my favorite show/attraction, but just shut up already.

Figment632

Honestly, what is with the over the top hate for AIE? It is a very well produced show IMO. I'll admit that the only time I will go and see it is if it is the finale show, but that is normally a pretty good show, and not only does it fill up in the theater, but draws a huge crowd outside as well. It may not be the best thing they could have there, but, like the PR that Disney released says, at least it gives the Hollywood Studios name a little bit of truth to it by producing this show everyday and giving off the appearance of something being taped there.

Would you rather have the nothing that was there for years, or at least have a show that can eat some people and keep them away from the major attractions? I mean seriously, if they get rid of it, they get rid of it. Don't sit here complaining about it though. It isn't something like Stitch that replaced a better attraction. It filled an empty studio. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself and quit your bit.ching. It is so annoying to read the same thing over and over (specifically from Figment632). Shut up and deal with it. This thread was made to celebrate a contestant from AIE making it all the way to the top 5 on the real show and you guys turn this into a bash the AIE thread. Again, I don't claim this as my favorite show/attraction, but just shut up already.

It is well produced and everything you say how ever it had been a big failure in DIsney's eyes.

Testtrack321

The park needs a competition show, like Millionaire or AIE, but not necessarily one of those. Even as Millionaire was going out it was a show that I, my family, and many other people would hit more than once a visit.

I think if Disney wants to replace AIE they can, and easily transform the stage and show into a different game show style show. Maybe buy out the rights to an old game show to go vintage (To Tell the Truth anyone?) or work with Sony or someone else to get a current show up there (Jeopardy, WoF, etc.)

There is a certain amount of energy and excitement in the air when there are attractions like this in the park. When Millionaire closed and AIE wasn't announced the park seemed slightly sleepy. Now with those shows it seems to have more pep in its step.

As for AIE, it's problem is in people's egos. Everyone can say "Hey I knew that!" and wants to be in a trivia show, but not everyone wants to take their shower or car singing and show it to their closest 1000 friends.

Captain Chaos

I saw AIE last year, on a whim.. I enjoyed it... Won't pass up Fantasmic to see the last performance of the night, and heck, I may not go see it again, but it isn't as horrible as some of you here claim it is.. If it is gone in a year or so, then so be it... And honestly, some of you will complain about the replacement, so of course, Disney is in a lose lose anyway LOL....

the-reason14

I saw AIE last year, on a whim.. I enjoyed it... Won't pass up Fantasmic to see the last performance of the night, and heck, I may not go see it again, but it isn't as horrible as some of you here claim it is.. If it is gone in a year or so, then so be it... And honestly, some of you will complain about the replacement, so of course, Disney is in a lose lose anyway LOL....

So true lol. Just like there would be complaints that the theater is there sitting empty.

EpcotServo

honestly, what is with the over the top hate for aie? It is a very well produced show imo. I'll admit that the only time i will go and see it is if it is the finale show, but that is normally a pretty good show, and not only does it fill up in the theater, but draws a huge crowd outside as well. It may not be the best thing they could have there, but, like the pr that disney released says, at least it gives the hollywood studios name a little bit of truth to it by producing this show everyday and giving off the appearance of something being taped there.

Would you rather have the nothing that was there for years, or at least have a show that can eat some people and keep them away from the major attractions? I mean seriously, if they get rid of it, they get rid of it. Don't sit here complaining about it though. It isn't something like stitch that replaced a better attraction. It filled an empty studio. If you don't like it, keep it to yourself and quit your bit.ching. It is so annoying to read the same thing over and over (specifically from figment632). Shut up and deal with it. This thread was made to celebrate a contestant from aie making it all the way to the top 5 on the real show and you guys turn this into a bash the aie thread. Again, i don't claim this as my favorite show/attraction, but just shut up already.

...This.^

the-reason14

And honestly, just like people can keep their opinions about the show to themselves, you can also not read the thread or posts that bash the show. This is a message board after all and people are going to voice their opinions either way.

But I somewhat also agree with you. It's better than nothing, and at least it gets some people and adds a little bit of flavor to mgm. More so than the empty abc theater did when it was there.

mcatch729

I've been surprised (and disappointed) by the lack of promotion. Aaron Kelley would have been the perfect opportunity to push AIE. I can't believe it was never even mentioned!

Conflict of interest. Disney-ABC and FOX are competing brands. Thats why if i remember correctly, you don't see FOX anywhere on AIE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom