‘The American Idol Experience’ Attraction Celebrates First Year with ‘Dream Ticket’ R

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
Aaron Kelly’s ‘American Idol’ TV Show Journey Began
At Walt Disney World Resort

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – In addition to recently celebrating its first year of operation in February 2010, “The American Idol Experience” attraction at Walt Disney World Resort can now celebrate the success of one of its top vote-getters – Aaron Kelly. The 17-year-old crooner from Sonestown, Penn., who began his “American Idol” journey at the Disney Parks attraction, advanced to the Top Five in the finals during season nine of the “American Idol” television show.

“The American Idol Experience,” which officially opened Feb. 14, 2009, at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is the first and only theme park attraction in the world based on the smash-hit “American Idol” show. The attraction provides guests the thrill and pageantry of the television show, as excited theme park guests age 14 and older audition before Disney producers and directors to see if they have what it takes to perform on stage that day. If their auditions are successful, guests at the attraction are ushered through performance coaching sessions, cosmetology and stage rehearsals to prepare for their big moment on the theme park stage. Then, the lights go down and guests perform a hit tune in the theme park’s 1000+-seat theatre.

While on-stage, judges provide critique and audience members at each preliminary show determine who will advance to the attraction’s grand finale show that night. At the grand finale, the top vote-getter is awarded a “Dream Ticket,” a ticket that allows an eligible guest to schedule a front of the line audition at one of the regional auditions for the “American Idol” television show.

“The American Idol Experience” attraction was developed by Walt Disney Imagineering in conjunction with FremantleMedia Enterprises (FME) and 19 TV Ltd. It is based on the hit television show “American Idol” – produced by 19 TV Ltd. and FremantleMedia North America (FMNA) – and is designed to immerse Disney’s Hollywood Studios guests in the authentic feel of a live television production.

It was at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that Aaron Kelly’s road to “American Idol” stardom began.

Only four days after the grand opening of “The American Idol Experience” at the theme park in February 2009, Kelly put his talents on display for park guests and the attraction’s judges.

Once he passed the audition stages and received the most votes at his preliminary show earlier in the day, Kelly’s rendition of the Lonestar hit song “Amazed” earned him the most votes in the attraction’s Grand Finale show. As that show’s top vote-getter, Kelly was then awarded “The American Idol Experience” “Dream Ticket,” which allowed him a front-of-line spot at a regional audition for the ninth season of the “American Idol” television show.

When the regional auditions for the popular television show were announced, Kelly utilized his “Dream Ticket” and scheduled his audition in Orlando, Fla., which started him on his “American Idol” road to stardom

http://wdwnews.com/ViewPressRelease.aspx?PressReleaseID=115054

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was wondering if any of the AI winners actually used their dream ticket as it did not seem to get even the slightest mention in the show.

sorcerergoofy

While the show has record low raitings and will be cancelled within 2 years :fork:

HA! It's not just Idol's ratings that have dropped, EVERYTHING on Tv has dropped. Even with it's slightly lower ratings, Idol is still #1 by a looooong shot. It is truly the best and most entertaining show on television, and wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

(Don't mess with the person who has never missed a single episode of the show, seen the Idols Live tour for ALL seasons, and purchased every CD that a previous Idol has released.....you will release something terrible inside me!! :D)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
HA! It's not just Idol's ratings that have dropped, EVERYTHING on Tv has dropped. Even with it's slightly lower ratings, Idol is still #1 by a looooong shot. It is truly the best and most entertaining show on television, and wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

(Don't mess with the person who has never missed a single episode of the show, seen the Idols Live tour for ALL seasons, and purchased every CD that a previous Idol has released.....you will release something terrible inside me!! :D)

I do believe Idol's rating have dropped more than slightly, for what it's worth. They were actualy below 20M viewers at the end of April......

lebeau

While the show has record low raitings and will be cancelled within 2 years :fork:

The show has record low ratings which put it close to those of normal TV shows.

It still has a long way to fall before being cancelled by Fox. Maybe Simon's departure will be the nail in the coffin, but I doubt it. I'm willing to bet Idol lasts longer than 2 more years.

Figment632

I disagree watch how the raitings plumet once Simon leaves!

lebeau

I was wondering if any of the AI winners actually used their dream ticket as it did not seem to get even the slightest mention in the show.

I've been surprised (and disappointed) by the lack of promotion. Aaron Kelley would have been the perfect opportunity to push AIE. I can't believe it was never even mentioned!

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I've been surprised (and disappointed) by the lack of promotion. Aaron Kelley would have been the perfect opportunity to push AIE. I can't believe it was never even mentioned!
There was obviously some sort of contractual reason why Disney couldn't talk about Aaron while he was on the show. I'm sure they'll still find a way to promote him with AIE. Since he finished in the top 5, he does tape some segments that show outside the theatre.

sorcerergoofy

I do believe Idol's rating have dropped more than slightly, for what it's worth. They were actualy below 20M viewers at the end of April......

Even so, it's still the #1 show on TV by a long shot.

I disagree watch how the raitings plumet once Simon leaves!

I could care less about Simon, his time has passed and his comments are getting old. I think that once someone new comes in the ratings will go back to where they were in the beginning (as long as they choose a proper replacement....they did well with Ellen so they should do the same here). I really don't think the judges have much effect on the ratings....at least not with the people I know.

happymom52003

Is this meant to be sarcastic? Have you watched this season? WORST season in the show's history by a long shot...and that is why the ratings have tanked. It is a total joke this season, and trust me...I am not the only one who feels that way. And I am a huge American Idol fan and have watched every season, so I'm not just someone who likes to bash the show.

hrcollectibles

And this is coming from someone who has never watched one second of American Idol. I would no be surprised if Aaron Kelly either wins or places second. I believe the show is rigged, much like other "reality competition shows" and has been since the beginning.. Think of the Ad Campaign... We helped make Aaron Kelly's dream a reality .. Could you be next...

happymom52003

And this is coming from someone who has never watched one second of American Idol. I would no be surprised if Aaron Kelly either wins or places second. I believe the show is rigged, much like other "reality competition shows" and has been since the beginning.. Think of the Ad Campaign... We helped make Aaron Kelly's dream a reality .. Could you be next...

Well that might be kind of hard since he was voted off last night!:ROFLOL:

lebeau

Um, he was voted off last night. With nary a mention of Disney or AIE.

lebeau

Updated: In the final broadcast ratings, the “Idol” 18-49 demo figure climbed slightly higher to a 6.2; total viewership was at 17.50 million. Though better than the dangerously low fast national numbers (as reported below), the show’s performance is still alarming. With the show already bleeding viewers and popular judge Simon Cowell departing at the end of the season, things could get quite disappointing come next year’s tenth season.

Also interesting is the fact that “Glee” dominated “Idol” in women 18-34 (6.9 vs. 6.2); it also won a tight race among adults 18-34 (5.0 to 4.9).

The ongoing ratings decline for this year’s “American Idol” took a scary turn Tuesday, as the show came dangerously close to falling below a 6.0 adults 18-49 rating.
Off hours of 5.6 and 6.5, this week’s show was good for a 6.05 in the fast nationals. Viewership was also way down–the show that was once able to accurately brag about entertaining 30 million viewers an only attracted 17.08 million Tuesday.
Even a slight drop next week, which has been the trend this season, would bring the show below the 6.0 barrier and bring it into the realm of “normal” TV show.
According to TVBN, the show hit its lowest performance show numbers for adults 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and total viewers since season one, which aired as a summer special.
With a lower “Idol” lead-in and less pre-episode buzz, “Glee” dropped to a 4.9 rating with 11.89 million viewers.
Elsewhere, CBS’ reliable Tuesday lineup was a bit soft–”NCIS” posted a 3.1 with 14.83 million viewers, while “NCIS: LA” was at a 2.9 with 14.22 million and “The Good Wife” garned 12.94 million viewers and a 2.4.
ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” results show net a 2.4 and 11.92 million watchers, leading into “Lost” (9.50 million, 3.9) and “V” (5.58 million, 2.2).
NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” was solid with a 3.2 and 8.34 million, while passable “Parenthood” won its timeslot in the demo with a 2.6 and 5.96 million viewers.
The CW’s “90210″ performed terribly, posting a low 0.7 adults 18-49 rating with 1.62 million viewers. The scary loss of interest in “90210″ is providing no optimism that the show will continue past next season (for which it has already been renewed).
Sources: Nielsen, TVBN, MediaWeek

lebeau

There was obviously some sort of contractual reason why Disney couldn't talk about Aaron while he was on the show. I'm sure they'll still find a way to promote him with AIE. Since he finished in the top 5, he does tape some segments that show outside the theatre.

I was actually surprised not to see mention on the show. When AIE was announced, there was all this talk about how heavily Fox would promote it on their show. They've barely mentioned it.

Aaron Kelley's Disney story could have been a great hook for the show. I wonder if something went south in the Disney/AI/Fox relationship since then.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am a casual fan of the show and this season is the worst in recent memory. I can't put my finger on why but I simply have no interest in this years crop of contestants and the talent level seems to be far lower than it has been in the past.

sorcerergoofy

Is this meant to be sarcastic? Have you watched this season? WORST season in the show's history by a long shot...and that is why the ratings have tanked. It is a total joke this season, and trust me...I am not the only one who feels that way. And I am a huge American Idol fan and have watched every season.

No this season isn't the best, but it's not the worst either. There have been plenty of HUGE talents on the show this year. Big Mike, Lee, Crystal, and SIOBHAN!! And you cannot say the ratings have tanked when they still have 20 million people watching the show each night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom