News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

montyz81

Just curious. I just noticed this field of roller coaster supports and track near Animal Kingdom Lodge. https://goo.gl/maps/mQbkf69yEpwNeW6n8
Is this for Guardians of the Galaxy or Tron? It is very clearly connected to Disney, so I assumed it would be for one of those two rides.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just curious. I just noticed this field of roller coaster supports and track near Animal Kingdom Lodge. https://goo.gl/maps/mQbkf69yEpwNeW6n8
Is this for Guardians of the Galaxy or Tron? It is very clearly connected to Disney, so I assumed it would be for one of those two rides.

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

They were gone by this past October:

1585684303709.png

SJN1279

I'm betting Tron opens in 2021, with Guardians opening in 2022/2023.

With economic downturn due to covid, it makes sense to spread these two massive attractions out by at least a year. The 3rd Guardians movie is a way off, and there really is no rush to open the new ride.

Also the 50th Anniversary is really of Magic Kingdom, so Tron makes the most sense for 2021.

Getachew

With economic downturn due to covid, it makes sense to spread these two massive attractions out by at least a year. The 3rd Guardians movie is a way off, and there really is no rush to open the new ride.

Also the 50th Anniversary is really of Magic Kingdom, so Tron makes the most sense for 2021.

They want to bring more people into Epcot as soon as possible. Guarantee it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Tron always was scheduled for 2021.

It will now be later in the year.

celluloid

The synergy is going to be all thrown off with this as well, I suppose if it is all pushed back it kind of works out, but Pratt is still filming Jurassic World Dominion which will not resume until the tides turn.

Movielover

The synergy is going to be all thrown off with this as well, I suppose if it is all pushed back it kind of works out, but Pratt is still filming Jurassic World Dominion which will not resume until the tides turn.

That won't matter since James Gunn is making the Suicide Squad quasi reboot for Warner Brothers before he is making Guardians 3.

doctornick

No Insdider is saying that. It's born of someone's confusion of the timeline. They're both still opening for '21, the 50th unless CV delays them. But again, no Insider is saying that only one is delayed possibly more so than the other.

The question then is if both of those rides open in 2021 (I could definitely see Cosmic Rewind delayed to 2022 if they want to push off one though) then there would be nothing of consequence opening in 2022. Not that such a thing has stopped Disney before, but it's helpful to have something to promote in a given year for marketing purpose.

Maybe we might actually get a new parade for that year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom