Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Mickeyboof

Do you really believe cutting some doors will take several months? Is there one two-toed sloth on the job?

I don’t mean to be snarky toward you in particular. It’s a preposterous suggestion.

Huh?! I’m not the one saying this is the reason. I also think it’s very improbable this is the reason for the day.

I’m the one asking IF this is the reason.

People are coming onto the boards and claiming that it’s pucks. Then people are saying it’s wifi connectivity. Then today the theory that it’s ADA resurfaced.

What’s true! Or is it all three??

SWGalaxysEdge

Do you really believe cutting some doors will take several months? Is there one two-toed sloth on the job?

I don’t mean to be snarky toward you in particular. It’s a preposterous suggestion.

..oh no I agree. See the hinges in the picture, this was a 1st or 2nd version of the proposed change. They thought this might hurt a guest or get them pinched. I honestly have no idea why it is taking so long. I assume there is Disney red tape and ADA inspections that take place at every step... They are basically "making it up" as they go on this ADA retrofit.

SWGalaxysEdge

So this is the hold up? Not WiFi or pucks?

Why would all vehicles need to be ADA when only a very small percentage of people need ADA transfers in a day? Why not just a few cars like every other attraction?

..because you don't know where the cars will be when a ADA rider comes into the line. If they only did 3-4 cars and they are all in showspace, then the ADA rider has to wait. Disney does not want that, and they want to avoid any "imperial entanglements" when a ADA rider gets uppity (and they do sometimes) and complains to the ADA that not all ride vehicles are ADA compliant.

Mickeyboof

..because you don't know where the cars will be when a ADA rider comes into the line. If they only did 3-4 cars and they are all in showspace, then the ADA rider has to wait. Disney does not want that, and they want to avoid any "imperial entanglements" when a ADA rider gets uppity (and they do sometimes) and complains to the ADA that not all ride vehicles are ADA compliant.

Don’t they often wait usually for a special ada vehicle?

Its going to stop everyone to load them in anyways.

Mickeyboof

What is your response to people who come here and say the delay is because of issues in the network or the physical sensors in the show floor? Is that not true?

cjkeating

Don’t they often wait usually for a special ada vehicle?

Its going to stop everyone to load them in anyways.

Thinking about the logistics from what I believe we know from rumours/leaks...

The ADA guest will load onto the ship for the flight that ends up on the star cruiser and then in a holding cell to be loaded onto the main ride vehicle. As this will all be batched when loading the ship then into cells it appears very difficult to coordinate the ADA guest being ready for the occasional ADA complaint vehicle. Unless there is an ADA bay which there doesn't appear to be and therefore all vehicles must be ADA compliant.

Mickeyboof

Oh, I know there’s no ADA dock. Never has been. I’ve been following this attractions inner workings for a few years now. That’s what I think is ridiculous. Especially since it works so well for Rat. And will do for MMRR.

So people are going to be transferred from their scooter and wheelchairs in the epic hanger room?

Not very immersive.

Isn’t that going to hold up dispatch??

britain

ridiculous or not - that's what they are doing. Converting all the vehicles.

Do you know if unload is on the same side of the vehicles as load? Will the ADA guest have to scoot all the way down the row and out a door on the right of the vehicle when unloading in addition to boarding on the left?

jaxonp

But is it, though? While Hagrid's is a fun ride and getting pretty ubiquitous reviews from those who've ridden it, it's still a pretty run-of-the-mill modern steel coaster w/o any inversions. Vertical rollback spikes have been used for over 30 years, motorbike seating for almost 20 and vertical drop tracks for 10. Plenty of coasters with multiple launches.

To me, Gringots is much more technologically advanced (if not as satisfying an experience in comparison).

So you've obviously not ridden Hagrid, lol.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don't know, don't really care. All I know is that there have been more "insiders" that appeared in the last week that I can shake a stick at, and everyone is saying something different, and now this site has seemingly been put into the Youtube echo chamber of SWGE critics, and is being used to create a mechanism to reinforce a point of view (or push an agenda) and generate subscribers or views.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom