The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I don't know if I should be laughing or crying. So far my tomatoes, squash, hot peppers and cilantro are extremely happy, my cucumbers and basil not so much
We decided to give our garden a break this year. our neighbor lets us forage from hers. Usually it is abundant with veggies. This year, not so much except for zucchini. I think I have had my fill of zucchini for a little bit. I will regret this in a few weeks I am sure though. Enjoy the farmer’s market!

John park hopper

I have planted a big garden for years (coastal SC) and my wife was commenting on how this year is the worst garden ever. Between the early drought and the week of 100 temps and then we had had too much rain. Tomatoes all died, corn is half the normal size, peppers have some sort of wilt, no squash. About the only thing doing well is the eggplant and the blueberries have done great-- put gallons in the freezer. Oh and 2 of my apple trees died. I'd welcome some zucchini

MySmallWorldof4

I have planted a big garden for years (coastal SC) and my wife was commenting on how this year is the worst garden ever. Between the early drought and the week of 100 temps and then we had had too much rain. Tomatoes all died, corn is half the normal size, peppers have some sort of wilt, no squash. About the only thing doing well is the eggplant and the blueberries have done great-- put gallons in the freezer. Oh and 2 of my apple trees died. I'd welcome some zucchini
We have peach, plum, and apple trees. Japanese beetles have destroyed the poor fruit before we even got any peaches. There were like 200 on one tree! Managed to snag 3 plums. Our apples have never done well. We think we got bum trees. Our bag a bug is not good enough to get the beetles.

21stamps

Actually,
The worst part is that competitions are generally always on Saturdays, which means that every Saturday through May will be taken. Practices are also mandatory because if one kid misses then there are groups that cannot practice stunts. Summer they are lenient. Like one kid who bases my dd in stunts will be gone for the next 2 weeks which means that she won't be able to practice any stunts. That girl bases her in every stunt. There are no alternates since it is a really small gym and many people left after the season. Cheer drama caused that. Sadly, the people that caused the drama stayed.🙄
I’m sorry to hear that! It’s frustrating when sports take over entire days, and basically our lives. I hate complaining because I know my kid loves it, and I do love watching him, but there’s times when I really do miss our ‘freedom’. I’m sure you and your family feel the same way!!

I hope for the drama people on your team either shape up or ship out! That type of parents can ruin an experience for everyone. Maybe your team can send a group email to the coach and have her talk to them?
:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom