News Disney is restoring the Wonders of Life facade

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It has a present and a future as both a festival center and for private events, both of which produce considerable revenue.

Just because a building does not house an attraction does not mean it is useless.

I thought they announced they were no longer going to use it for those?

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
I haven't seen anybody post about this on this thread, so does anybody remember when Wonders was listed as a foreclosed home?I heard it was for Disney to avoid having to pay property taxes on the building which is why they only use if for festival centers. *shrug* I also know that the Body Wars sims are used for test and adjust for the Adventures Continue reels. Just thought I'd leave this tidbit for anybody who was wondering.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't seen anybody post about this on this thread, so does anybody remember when Wonders was listed as a foreclosed home?I heard it was for Disney to avoid having to pay property taxes on the building which is why they only use if for festival centers. *shrug*

That strains credulity on so many levels.
1. Disney lying on legal documents exposing itself to civil and criminal actions is very unlikely to happen.​
2. That a 'foreclosure' or a 'home' on Disney property wouldn't be noticed by anyone responsible for taxing that property.​
3. Disney leaves closed attractions moribund for years on a regular basis. If those unused spaces suddenly start getting taxed at a different rate, they'd more quickly convert them or demolish them (see River Country).​

Now, I can see Disney listing the pavilion as 'closed' and thus having lost value so as to reduce over all assessment and property tax to the county. But a 'foreclosed home'? So, very unlikely.

Goofyernmost

I haven't seen anybody post about this on this thread, so does anybody remember when Wonders was listed as a foreclosed home?I heard it was for Disney to avoid having to pay property taxes on the building which is why they only use if for festival centers. *shrug* I also know that the Body Wars sims are used for test and adjust for the Adventures Continue reels. Just thought I'd leave this tidbit for anybody who was wondering.
Foreclosed, as if they are paying a mortgage or something? A buildings value is based on it being prime property or being a swamp. Only using it for festivals, as far as taxes are concerned, is totally irrelevant. besides, they are in the Reedy Creek municipality so they would only be taxing themselves anyway. No taxing body would even consider to have a lesser value just because it was empty at this point. That is more of just a mistake by Disney for having property and not attempting to use it to generate revenue.

Body Wars mechanical's are gone, missing, AWOL, departed, released from bondage and so on. They are just empty rooms at this point. Nothing to wonder about. Unless they come up with something new to need a simulator, it will just be a storage basement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Foreclosed, as if they are paying a mortgage or something? A buildings value is based on it being prime property or being a swamp. Only using it for festivals, as far as taxes are concerned, is totally irrelevant. besides, they are in the Reedy Creek municipality so they would only be taxing themselves anyway. No taxing body would even consider to have a lesser value just because it was empty at this point. That is more of just a mistake by Disney for having property and not attempting to use it to generate revenue.

1. Orange County collects real estate taxes, not just the local municipality. Disney and the other two big theme parks in the county have been battling county assessments in the courts this year.

2. Use can indeed affect tax rates. Tax for a fallow land v. using for agriculture even if the two look pretty much the same changes tax rates and assessment. Though, for a building in a theme park being currently used or not... I doubt the county assessor would get into the weeds with regard to that. But, as I mentioned above -- and you are rightly questioning -- something labeled as in foreclosure in WDW property by WDW would certainly draw attention.

Goofyernmost

1. Orange County collects real estate taxes, not just the local municipality. Disney and the other two big theme parks in the county have been battling county assessments in the courts this year.

2. Use can indeed affect tax rates. Tax for a fallow land v. using for agriculture even if the two look pretty much the same changes tax rates and assessment. Though, for a building in a theme park being currently used or not... I doubt the county assessor would get into the weeds with regard to that. But, as I mentioned above -- and you are rightly questioning -- something labeled as in foreclosure in WDW property by WDW would certainly draw attention.
Yes, I know other municipalities can and do levy taxes, however, if you have a building in the middle of a theme park that can be a money enticer, it will not be affected by a single day usage. That would be more of a zoning type of situation. In other words, I will just say that it is extremely unlikely that any tax is affected by the fact that they limit it's usage. It didn't just go from a theme park property to a manufacturing zone area. It would be a mighty poor tax assessor to reduce taxes because Disney limits it's usage intentionally.

hobovampire

Stuff like this is why I hit refresh every day here. Just, anything, something. /rolls do SOMETHING with WoL. Inb4 I whine about more Marvel

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Body Wars mechanical's are gone, missing, AWOL, departed, released from bondage and so on. They are just empty rooms at this point. Nothing to wonder about. Unless they come up with something new to need a simulator, it will just be a storage basement.

Heheh.

rio

Wow, that is looking great.
I still think that it will eventually hold the Wakandan Embassy.
If they can't get Black Panther then they will have his sister host and give you a tech tour during the queue to the flying tour of Wakanda vis-a-vie new (or moved from Star Tours) sims.

I’d actually be down for most of this, especially if they focused on Wakanda’s life saving or health tech. I just wouldn’t want a tour of Wakanda since it would seem that we’d have 2 Soarin’s in the same park plus FOP in AK.

Edit: Abbreviations

Corgi

Taken today.

Attachments

• B3FD8802-A419-4985-BE00-B38B4E0CA530.jpeg
    B3FD8802-A419-4985-BE00-B38B4E0CA530.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 359

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom