News Disney Pixar super heroes will take over Tomorrowland this summer

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So the SJW's have taken over Star Wars....with a brand new droid.....and turning Lando into a pansexual. Now we have baby racing.....

Seems to me - Disney is having a "failure.....to......communicate".

Kman101

Give a reason for the Incredibles to be in Tomorrowland. Give it a story that the intergalactic spaceport is being attacked by aliens and the Incredibles have been hired to defend the city.

That way they can add the story to the experiences in the land. They can have decorations of bots throughout the land and have The Incredibles walking around the land.

They can also include a entrance sign mentioning the story, like "The Incredibles Tomorrowland Take Over! - After the events of the alien bots attacking the city of Tomorrowland, the heroes known as the Incredibles have came to save us! They will be spending the time being here protecting our city from the alien bots."

Then scattered around the land can be less poppy banners and ones that fit the colors and style of Tomorrowland. Also scattered can be remnants of alien space ships.

Edna Mode can move in and takeover the People Mover.

A permanent Incredibles play and greet with a talking Edna Mode.

A real Incredibles show incorporating the temporary story of the land into the show.

No baby race in the hot Florida sun.

An Incredibles overlay of Cosmic Rays where you are dining in The Tomorrowland station of the Incredibles secret hideout and there is new tables and colored banners and posters and props of The Incredibles costumes & history of Super Heros to make it look like a hideout.

- An Incredibles storyline to the Tomorrowland Speedway where you are driving through the fictional city of Tomorrowland getting attacked and there are statues and models of the Incredibles using there powers to stop the aliens.

I know this isn't possible for them to do just for the summer, but I'd rather have the takeover for a year and have it be detailed like this and actually feel like something in a Disney Park.

I get it. But most of that wouldn't happen. Should it? Sure.

Personally I don't mind the baby racing. It's incredibly popular on the cruise line and cute to watch. Different strokes and all that ...

Kman101

The definition of "expo" aside, I think (hope?) the campy costumes are intentional. Perhaps they could've used the word "convention" instead. That's where you'd expect to see people in costumes of questionable quality.

It seems the "overlay" is based on a Super Hero Convention but they're calling it an "Expo".

I don't think it's all that great but it's temporary. I think expectations in this case are a tad too high. If this were permanent like Dino-Bash, I'd understand the criticism. People seem to want it both ways here. They likely don't want a permanent overlay but don't like banners (banners that get used all the time for different things) that aren't permanent, etc.

It looks like they actually did try here. Sadly. Could it be better? Sure. But it's for a brief time. It's really not that horrible.

Kman101

I think some sort of story would help, as @Disneylover152 detailed above. But I would also drop any of the cheaper looking signage, such as the vinyl banners that are zip-tied to the railings entering TL. The diaper dash is corny but harmless for 5 minutes once a day. Honestly the dance party probably bothers me the least, but maybe that's because it's essentially already been going on for years in that location. Only adding the background music to the Peoplemover was also a missed opportunity.

It's interesting that I dreaded Donald's AK event the most based on the concept art, but feel like that was done far better than the Incredibles. Of course the Imagineer said the AK stuff could be around "forever" so I guess that should be better quality, even though it's being forced into the better themed areas of Dinoland.

This is far from the worst thing Disney has ever done, it just could have been executed better with more planning and money IMO.

I agree. There is a story though. And I think a few other things happening we haven't seen yet. I actually think they did a decent job.

I think people just don't like it (and that's fine, I'm not saying it's the greatest ever). It's not really THAT bad. I mean, I could easily pick it apart but it's not really worth it because it's not sticking around.

It's not permanent. If it were, I'd agree the temporary banners are bad. I don't like the one they put on the Tomorrowland sign. But temporary banners aren't exactly a new thing they've done.

It's not really worth complaining about, personally. But I know people have to have something to complain about, lol.

But I agree with your post, definitely.

I guess it's just not worth it to complain about for me, lol.

Kman101

Good god. Send it to DHS where it belongs (and is needed)

That was my thought. But to be fair, Incredibles isn't the worst they could do in Tomorrowland ;) but DHS needed it more. I'm a bit surprised DHS didn't jump on the Pixar Fest bandwagon. Fireworks, etc. would make a lot of sense there. The fireworks Disneyland came up with for Pixar don't work in their park, IMHO. It all feels so forced. And again, it doesn't have to feel so forced, but they seem to feel this need to overdo it and cram it down our throats.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don’t they realise with some easy TLC (and a new attraction) Tomorrowland would be fantastic already? They don’t need cheap promos that clash with and ruin the theming that already exists. It’s already the most visited park on the planet. Build on that, don’t fragment it.

Part of the problem is, IMO, that concrete expanse between Buzz, CoP, SpaceMt, and Speedway. They just don't know what to do with it.

I often complain of the narrow concrete canyons in Fantasyland (a bit of hyperbole) where you have big crowds, choke points, no green space, and no vistas -- just walls on either side of you. So, I should be happy with a wide open space in TL, right? Except this space goes nowhere. And doesn't look nice. And there's very little green space; so, it's just a giant parking lot. Let's paint in some white parking space guides and pretend Chester and Hester set up shop there.

It doesn't help that they put in random kiosks and metal trees and all the footers for the TTA making you have to zig-zag to cross that space.

And so, they feel the need to fill that space with the dance party and promotional events. Which they clearly aren't spending a lot of money on.

So, they are now flummoxed with what to do with the old SGE space which is too small for a really nice people-eater ride and, at the same time, not touch that large open space which could lead to an even bigger expansion south of SpaceMt.

If TRON Racers get electric cars, I wouldn't mind a lot of that space being eaten by the Racers.

Sad.

Kman101

METAL PALM TREE HATERS!!!

LOL

I love those things.

Tomorrowland, like Future World, just needs love. It doesn't need IP shoved everywhere in a quick fix to "make it better". Slapping IP in doesn't instantly make something better. I'd like some actual effort if they insist on using IPs. Everyone knows my stance on the IP thing but it's frustrating they seem unable to do it right.

Still, I don't mind The Incredibles Tomorrowland Expo, in theory (the execution is a tad lacking) but I understand and can agree with Martin's points. It doesn't need it. But a lot of things 'don't need' IP and yet, here we are :/

We could do worse than Incredibles in Tomorrowland. I think they fit just fine there. But DHS could have used the entire thing more.

Kman101

I think that's one of my issues with Shanghai's Tomorrowland. Yes I haven't seen it in person but, like some of Future World, it's a lot of open concrete and it's not always the most pleasing. Personally, while I know Tokyo needs the massive walkways they have, it's a bit jarring to see all that concrete.

I'd like a bit more green. Especially in Future World. I mean, I'm not looking for a forest to grow in Tomorrowland but a few more trees spread around wouldn't hurt. A planter maybe?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I would tend to think that SJWs would be against baby racing... unless that's what the babies want to do as an exercise in self-empowerment.

Exactly. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. They go from railing on parimutuels/animal cruelty and the 30 minute statement that is Cantobite............to racing babies. Left hand meet right hand.

But you may be right. The force is not only female, it's under a year old - and it is empowered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom