News Disney Pixar super heroes will take over Tomorrowland this summer

Kman101

Id be happy with something like this... just less 60s colors.
coketerrace_stageup1969bn.jpg

Yeah.

I really hate the stage they put in MK's Tomorrowland. Horrible place and awful looking. But I guess they really needed that parking area backstage ... too bad they didn't put a theater there ... oh, wait, there WAS one ;)

I really don't get their decisions most of the time.

Kman101

They are wasting a perfectly good bench.

I have officially decided my stand on festivals/summer events such as these. As long as they are done right, I'm okay with them.

I'm okay with The Incredibles taking over Tomorrowland, as long as it would be done right. For example, Edna hosting the People Mover is something I'm okay with. But just slapping up banners and photo-ops everywhere while hosting a dance party and a baby race with food isn't.

What else should they do? Just wondering (and not being snarky). I agree they're lazy and do the bare minimum but what more do people want from these things? I'm seriously looking for solid suggestions. What would make it better?

Disneylover152

What else should they do? Just wondering (and not being snarky). I agree they're lazy and do the bare minimum but what more do people want from these things? I'm seriously looking for solid suggestions. What would make it better?

Give a reason for the Incredibles to be in Tomorrowland. Give it a story that the intergalactic spaceport is being attacked by aliens and the Incredibles have been hired to defend the city.

That way they can add the story to the experiences in the land. They can have decorations of bots throughout the land and have The Incredibles walking around the land.

They can also include a entrance sign mentioning the story, like "The Incredibles Tomorrowland Take Over! - After the events of the alien bots attacking the city of Tomorrowland, the heroes known as the Incredibles have came to save us! They will be spending the time being here protecting our city from the alien bots."

Then scattered around the land can be less poppy banners and ones that fit the colors and style of Tomorrowland. Also scattered can be remnants of alien space ships.

Edna Mode can move in and takeover the People Mover.

A permanent Incredibles play and greet with a talking Edna Mode.

A real Incredibles show incorporating the temporary story of the land into the show.

No baby race in the hot Florida sun.

An Incredibles overlay of Cosmic Rays where you are dining in The Tomorrowland station of the Incredibles secret hideout and there is new tables and colored banners and posters and props of The Incredibles costumes & history of Super Heros to make it look like a hideout.

- An Incredibles storyline to the Tomorrowland Speedway where you are driving through the fictional city of Tomorrowland getting attacked and there are statues and models of the Incredibles using there powers to stop the aliens.

I know this isn't possible for them to do just for the summer, but I'd rather have the takeover for a year and have it be detailed like this and actually feel like something in a Disney Park.

ppete1975

Give a reason for the Incredibles to be in Tomorrowland. Give it a story that the intergalactic spaceport is being attacked by aliens and the Incredibles have been hired to defend the city.

That way they can add the story to the experiences in the land. They can have decorations of bots throughout the land and have The Incredibles walking around the land.

They can also include a entrance sign mentioning the story, like "The Incredibles Tomorrowland Take Over! - After the events of the alien bots attacking the city of Tomorrowland, the heroes known as the Incredibles have came to save us! They will be spending the time being here protecting our city from the alien bots."

Then scattered around the land can be less poppy banners and ones that fit the colors and style of Tomorrowland. Also scattered can be remnants of alien space ships.

Edna Mode can move in and takeover the People Mover.

A permanent Incredibles play and greet with a talking Edna Mode.

A real Incredibles show incorporating the temporary story of the land into the show.

No baby race in the hot Florida sun.

An Incredibles overlay of Cosmic Rays where you are dining in The Tomorrowland station of the Incredibles secret hideout and there is new tables and colored banners and posters and props of The Incredibles costumes & history of Super Heros to make it look like a hideout.

- An Incredibles storyline to the Tomorrowland Speedway where you are driving through the fictional city of Tomorrowland getting attacked and there are statues and models of the Incredibles using there powers to stop the aliens.

I know this isn't possible for them to do just for the summer, but I'd rather have the takeover for a year and have it be detailed like this and actually feel like something in a Disney Park.
I love this... they could even do commercials showing tomorrowland being overtaken or a 30 minute cartoon. This could have tied into the movie and the land and got extra attention to both.

ppete1975

I am not attacking the photographer. But... omg what did I just look at.
a) that is not an expo (worlds fair, mr Olympia expo, STARK EXPO) those are expos.. this is banners.. poorly costumed characters that look like special ed/ beginner cosplay that would get last in a bad cosplay convention, a baby race, and a dance party???.
b) what is up with those costumes..
c) if I was a first time visitor id be like where is the expo.....

Once again.. pictures are very much appreciated, and well taken. Disneys take on this whole thing.. epic fail.

anchorman314

I am not attacking the photographer. But... omg what did I just look at.
a) that is not an expo (worlds fair, mr Olympia expo, STARK EXPO) those are expos.. this is banners.. poorly costumed characters that look like special ed/ beginner cosplay that would get last in a bad cosplay convention, a baby race, and a dance party???.
b) what is up with those costumes..
c) if I was a first time visitor id be like where is the expo.....

Once again.. pictures are very much appreciated, and well taken. Disneys take on this whole thing.. epic fail.
The definition of "expo" aside, I think (hope?) the campy costumes are intentional. Perhaps they could've used the word "convention" instead. That's where you'd expect to see people in costumes of questionable quality.

YunaB17

The definition of "expo" aside, I think (hope?) the campy costumes are intentional. Perhaps they could've used the word "convention" instead. That's where you'd expect to see people in costumes of questionable quality.
The campy costumes were intentional. They’re comedic atmosphere actors who want really badly to be Supers even if their not, basically their Citizens of Hollywood style humor but specifically for this event.

Disneylover152

The campy costumes were intentional. They’re comedic atmosphere actors who want really badly to be Supers even if their not, basically their Citizens of Hollywood style humor but specifically for this event.

I don't think the average day guests will understand this. The theme of an Expo like Incredibles Con in Tomorrowland doesn't show. They need something else besides a baby race, dance party and banners. Maybe a walkthrough and a meet and greet along with the People Mover update. But I still don't think this idea was the best. I doubt its going to get people to come down from Michigan or somewhere to experience this.

Biff215

I think some sort of story would help, as @Disneylover152 detailed above. But I would also drop any of the cheaper looking signage, such as the vinyl banners that are zip-tied to the railings entering TL. The diaper dash is corny but harmless for 5 minutes once a day. Honestly the dance party probably bothers me the least, but maybe that's because it's essentially already been going on for years in that location. Only adding the background music to the Peoplemover was also a missed opportunity.

It's interesting that I dreaded Donald's AK event the most based on the concept art, but feel like that was done far better than the Incredibles. Of course the Imagineer said the AK stuff could be around "forever" so I guess that should be better quality, even though it's being forced into the better themed areas of Dinoland.

This is far from the worst thing Disney has ever done, it just could have been executed better with more planning and money IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom