News Disney Pixar super heroes will take over Tomorrowland this summer

V_L_Raptor

The definition of "expo" aside, I think (hope?) the campy costumes are intentional. Perhaps they could've used the word "convention" instead. That's where you'd expect to see people in costumes of questionable quality.

As an aside, MegaCon is this weekend in Orlando. Having seen several photos from a friend in attendance, the costumes seem not to be of questionable quality.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled baby races...

V_L_Raptor

I don't think the average day guests will understand this. The theme of an Expo like Incredibles Con in Tomorrowland doesn't show. They need something else besides a baby race, dance party and banners. Maybe a walkthrough and a meet and greet along with the People Mover update. But I still don't think this idea was the best. I doubt its going to get people to come down from Michigan or somewhere to experience this.

While I agree that the execution is pretty shoddy (wow, those hideous banners), I doubt the intention was to get people to visit WDW to see this. Disney already knows that they're going to have a large captive audience at the MK while they're trying to promote this movie, so they're adding whatever clutter they can so the people already there are advertised to. I don't think attracting people with this stuff is really the intention. Instead, it's a little bit of extra "magic" (eheh) for visitors who planned their vacations well in advance of when Disney announced the Incredibles overlay.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Part of the problem is, IMO, that concrete expanse between Buzz, CoP, SpaceMt, and Speedway. They just don't know what to do with it..
Thinking like that is part of the problem (them, not you) - it doesn’t need anything doing with it. It was designed since 1972 to be a welcome open area, crowd control, and to give the perfect view of Space Mountain minus the arcade. The Mountain acts as the weenie to draw you across it. Dare I say the original planter layout and foliage improved things?

I guess we should be grateful they didn’t stick a spinner on it (looking at you, AdLand)

Kman101

What is an SJW? Never mind- I've been educated.

I still don't see the problem with the baby races. It ties directly to the new movie featuring Jack-Jack......a baby!

I like the baby race. It's very popular on the cruise line and I thought it was smart to bring it here.

Sometimes it's ok to just have fun. Not everything needs to be a problem ...

Cmdr_Crimson

I think we can officially state that with How Pixar Fest in DL with Pizza Planet taking over Red Rockitt's, Donald's Dino Bash in AK And the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo going on in MK..This "So-Called" Incredible Summer is just a better way of saying....
2b3lhr.jpg

NL1019

Nothing wrong with this at all. How about there just thing to do something simple or bring something popular on cruise ships somewhere else. Come on guys/Girls it’s not that serious still the best place in the world. Those that want to give up DVC points I’ll happliy take them off your hands.

The Empress Lilly

If I had first visited not vintage MK, but diaper brigade MK as a young teenager, then instead of having fallen in love with the place I would've hated my parents forever for having brought me there.

Nothing in the picture appeals to me. Superheroes, dance party, toons, diaper dash. This is not Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

Kman101

If I had first visited not vintage MK, but diaper brigade MK as a young teenager, then instead of having fallen in love with the place I would've hated my parents forever for having brought me there.

Nothing in the picture appeals to me. Superheroes, dance party, toons, diaper dash. This is not Tomorrowland.

And how many are absolutely eating this up? Sadly, they keep doing this crap for a reason.

We've had toons in Tomorrowland for a long time now. Buzz. Stitch. Monsters. Tomorrowland's been a problem for a while.

This is just piling on top. lol

SuperStretccch

Some of those photos made me cringe. A baby race is the best they can come up with? The only good thing out of this for me is Edna Mode. Everything else just looks so cheap and tacked-on, even for a temporary Disney event. At least it'll be gone in September.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom