News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

There is actually a pretty big capacity discrepancy between Rat and Mystic Manor. Rat is >2k in real world execution and Mystic Manor in the lower teens. Rat boats discrete seats, duo loading platforms and duplicated show scenes.

All of which is to say I really don't know what the Battle Escape ride will end up being. But I think @marni1971 's stance has been mid to low teens. Unless there is loading platform duplication, show scene duplication or more than 2 vehicles dispatched, I'd expect the ride capacity to come out on the Mystic Manor side of things.

Which, reliably at least... is slightly better than original Soarin'/TSMM/Flight of Passage/SDMT. But unfortunately, just slightly.

I tend to agree. I would be shocked if they don't somehow dispatch more than one vehicle at a time and have either duplicated show rooms or even alternative paths of travel based on ride variability. Low to mid teens is probably not the ROI Imagineering has promised Chapek, Iger and the Disney Board for this huge investment. I hope they have a strategy to boost those numbers into the high teens or even over 2k.

mickEblu

I tend to agree. I would be shocked if they don't somehow dispatch more than one vehicle at a time and have either duplicated show rooms or even alternative paths of travel based on ride variability. Low to mid teens is probably not the ROI Imagineering has promised Chapek, Iger and the Disney Board for this huge investment. I hope they have a strategy to boost those numbers into the high teens or even over 2k.

Just want to make sure I’m following... “teens” in this case would be like 1700/ 1800 riders per hour right?

mickEblu

Yes. As in thirteen hundred, fourteen hundred, etc...

Thanks. So what E ticket would that currently compare to? I wonder, what is Indy’s capacity? I have never heard anyone refer to it as a people eater but I imagine it has decent capacity as the average wait time is only 45-60 minutes despite how popular it still is.

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

Thanks. So what E ticket what that currently compare to? I wonder, what is Indy’s capacity? I have never heard anyone refer to it as a people eater but I imagine it has decent capacity as the average wait time is only 45-60 minutes despite how popular it still is.

From what I heard Indy is in 2200-2400 range. If this list for WDW is accurate it probably would be close to Big Thunder.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

mickEblu

From what I heard Indy is in 2200-2400 range. If this list for WDW is accurate it probably would be close to Big Thunder.

https://crooksinwdw.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/theoreticaloperational-hourly-ride-capacity-at-wdw/

Oh wow, if that’s true that’s really good capacity right? Like Pirates good. I wonder why I never hear anyone mention Indy when the subject of good capacity comes up. I guess I was kind of hoping Indy was in the 1500 per hour range and that it was comparable to the Battle Escape capacity.

Old Mouseketeer

Your link puts Dinosaur (identical ride track to Indy) at an Operational Hourly Ride Capacity (OHRC) of 2160. I'm not familiar with those numbers, but I know that Indy jeeps hold less than Pirates bateaux. The link puts both Pirates OHRC and Mansion OHRC at 2880. My information from DL CMs is Mansion is more in the range of 1700-1800. At WDW, Little Mermaid, Nemo, Spaceship Earth, and Imagination range from 1980-2160.

Again, I'll be surprised if Imagineering hasn't planned Battle Escape/Alcatraz to meet the higher numbers around 2k rather than the low teens. This is supposed to be the new Giant Killer in the industry.

TP2000

Meanwhile, in Florida...

Here's what the project currently looks like from the air over Disney's Hollywood Studios. Compliments of biorecontruct on the Twitter.
https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
DThtxd2W0AE0NG-.jpg:large

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom