News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

jeanericuser001

I want gumbo. :cry:
Well they could always serve gator at disney. That would certainly turn a disadvantage into an advantage. They can even claim they are locally sourced and freshly made every day. No one will start to wonder why the gator signs suddenly vanished. Only that there were a lot of gator items suddenly on the menu at disney. It does line up with cajun cooking though.

JustInTime

So the new lounge is going here just to clarify?
The Pirates bar/lounge is going in the old Tortuga location.

IMG_2415.jpeg

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

So a park, the world’s busiest theme park, that still has not replaced dining capacity removed in 1994 (!), and has continued to remove capacity, is removing even more. A true exemplar of customer service.
I actually think a pirate bar is a no-brainer. And Tortuga was poorly utilized. Let’s hope BBT has a couple QSRs. I wish they’d bring back the BOG QSR lunch…No one wants a $70 steak at 11 am. Then there’s Tomorrowland Terrace…

Last edited:

JustInTime

I actually think a pirate bar is a no-brainer. And Tortuga was poorly utilized. Let’s hope BBT has a couple QSRs. I wish they’d bring back the BOG QSR lunch…No one wants a $70 steak at 11 am. Then there’s Tomorrowland Terrace…
Have you heard if there will be exclusive mugs? My source was unsure! To me, that’s a no brainer.

Animaniac93-98

Casey’s Corner
Main Street Bakery
Eggroll Cart
Sunshine Tree Terrace
Sleepy Hollow
Columbia House
Liberty Square Market
Pecos Bills
Golden Outpost
Pinocchio Village
Gastons
Friars Nook
Cosmic Rays

So exactly what I thought..not lacking for any dining capacity whatsoever.

There are other locations not mentioned on this list like Cheshire Café, Storybook Treats, Auntie Gravities, Plaza Ice Cream and Lunching Pad.

But MK 100% has a dining capacity problem because it relies too much on small snack locations with limited menus that can't accommodate the crowds.

The only large scale cafeteria restaurants left in the park are Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, Pinocchio's and Columbia Harbor House. That's it. And why they're slammed all the time. Compare that with 8 sit down restaurants.

The park used to have The Adventureland Verandah, Tomorrowland Terrace and Crystal Palace used to be a "buffeteria" restaurant like Disneyland's Plaza Inn. Now two of those locations are higher priced, reservation locations with lower turnover and one is just closed outright.

Main Street Bakery and Casey's struggle because they were never built to handle the volume they now get and there's nothing else comparable in the middle of the park or near it's entrance/exit.

Also somewhat ridiculous that there's only two places in the entire park to get a quick serve burger?!

MK dining is a mess that until recently assumed the real demand was in table service dining that it was to be filled with DDP credits. Now there's an excess in table service capacity with no real plan to get back to high volume fast food.

There's a reason why Fantasy Springs was built with 3 big cafeteria restaurants. It's not just popularity, it's efficiency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom