News New Pirates of the Caribbean-themed lounge

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My source just confirmed Tortuga will be the home of the new pirates bar at Magic Kingdom. It will operate similarly to Oga’s business model.

So the question is, what is the permit for the Caribbean Coutyard for? Unless the address was a mistake and it's actually for Tortuga. They both have the same address but Tortuga is #A.

ToTBellHop

Maybe they remove the planter out front to improve flow?
Maybe the inside will get an actual functioning fountain added to Adventureland?

1717889735415.gif

FerretAfros

I think a bigger issue is that the food in MK QSRs is the worst of the four parks.
Which, in no small part, is due to the simple lack of options. With only 4 real quick-service restaurants of any size (Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbor House, Pinnocchio’s Village Haus, Cosmic Ray’s) they simply don’t have the space for anything unusual or unfamiliar. Each and every menu item and each and every location must be a crowd pleaser.

There’s no flexibility there for something with a cult following, or a 3rd most popular dish. Everything at every location must cater to the widest audience possible, so we’re stuck with burgers, chicken tenders, and pizza. Frankly, given the lack of capacity, it’s amazing that Columbia Harbor House’s menu is as interesting as it is.

Until the park has enough dining options to actually give people options, it will never be able to have any real variety to it. The reason that Epcot and DAK have all the interesting options that they do is because they’re able to spread the variety across a ton of places, and as a last resort picky eaters can always go to places of last resort, like Connections or Pizzafari. Because of the huge number of people dining at a tiny number of locations in MK, each one must function as an option of last resort.

Horizonsfan

The reason that Epcot and DAK have all the interesting options that they do is because they’re able to spread the variety across a ton of places, and as a last resort picky eaters can always go to places of last resort, like Connections or Pizzafari. Because of the huge number of people dining at a tiny number of locations in MK, each one must function as an option of last resort.

While I agree that the scarcity of space constrains the variety of offerings, the lower quality is still inexcusable.

For instance, a burger from Connections or D-Lux is exceptionally better than one from Cosmic Ray's. There's no excuse for that other than management's unwillingness to upgrade the ingredients and/or kitchen facilities at Cosmic Ray's.

mf1972

thinking of QS, i can’t remember exactly when we’ve seen the tomorrowland terrace open, other than dessert parties. we usually travel down there in the fall. last thing i remember eating there was some kind of asian rice bowl. my best guess was that could’ve been 10-12 years ago. haven’t seen it open since then.

dreamfinding

thinking of QS, i can’t remember exactly when we’ve seen the tomorrowland terrace open, other than dessert parties. we usually travel down there in the fall. last thing i remember eating there was some kind of asian rice bowl. my best guess was that could’ve been 10-12 years ago. haven’t seen it open since then.
I know it’s been closed since at least the parks reopened from COVID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom