News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Or high five, which is what that emoji actually is. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Ya sure? When my cursor hovers over it...

1712928441160.png

PREMiERdrum

Wild speculation: But if there is indeed jockeying for final plans at this time, that means it really wasn't close to being greenlit in November.

Monsters Inc in DHS was close to being greenlit for a decade according to insiders.

OTOH, as @PREMiERdrum mentioned, the 'other plan' may be a red herring.
From what I can gather, we're seeing a slightly different projectflow here than in the past.

They are committed to developing at least some of the "BBTM" area. Initial sitework and relocation plans are approved and funded. The show content is what still may be in flux.

ChewbaccaYourMum

There are two decidedly different, focused plans being leaked. They've both been discussed here.

I know which direction I think things will go. I don't know if the extra noise is meant as a red herring, or if there are still internal players jockeying for a final greenlight.
Are you allowed to say more on how you think things will go?

Bocabear

reconfiguring the river would cause the closure of the train again for a very extended amount of time...didn't it just come back online recently?

MerlinTheGoat

reconfiguring the river would cause the closure of the train again for a very extended amount of time...didn't it just come back online recently?
Technically the train likely never actually had to close down during Tron's construction to begin with. In the 1990s when rebuilding the Frontierland station, they kept it open to Toontown (then Starland) and ran it backwards to get there. Whatever they end up doing for Beyond BTM, they could technically do the same and even keep all stations open.

discos

Yes, but realistically anything that involves BBTM wether it be reconfiguring ROA or actual construction would require the temporary closure of the railroad.

Haymarket2008

There are two decidedly different, focused plans being leaked. They've both been discussed here.

I know which direction I think things will go. I don't know if the extra noise is meant as a red herring, or if there are still internal players jockeying for a final greenlight.

Soโ€ฆ

Idea 1: Land with a Radiator Springs Racers anchor attraction?
Idea 2: Land with a Coco anchor attraction?

ednamodedarling

Soโ€ฆ

Idea 1: Land with a Radiator Springs Racers anchor attraction?
Idea 2: Land with a Coco anchor attraction?

Coco makes so much more sense than Cars for MK ... I hope they move Cars to DHS or leave it in DCA.
If I had my way I would suggest Coco into Emperors New Groove area into villains land. Keep the talking cars & their racing away from Magic Kingdom lol.

fgmnt

It is definitely possible that you can fill in the northern portion of RoA for an expansion in MK and not adjust the rail alignment. They can build an expansion both in and outside the berm.

Fate of railroad ops comes down to 1) They might realign it anyway and 2) will likely need some closures for whatever above or below grade crossings would need to be added.

Andrew25

Unlike Disneyland, MK can theoretically keep the railway as is at the moment. If they fill in the northern portion of the Rivers of America, they can build the actual land there, while putting the ride show buildings on the opposite side of the tracks.

If you "cut" Rivers of America by the Fort Langhorn part of the island, you can put New Fantasyland within that filled-in area of TSL/RoA without even touching the railroad.

PREMiERdrum

As it appears to sit:

Properties under development:
- Coco E-ticket / FL expansion
- Moana E-ticket
- Radiator Springs Racers (attraction only, not Carsland a la DCA)
- Dark Kingdom (E-ticket, ancillary attractions, guest facilities)

Sites under review:
- MK, AL expansion pad
- MK, west of BTM (phase 1)
- MK, north of BTM (phase 2)
- DHS, northwest corner

Put on a blindfold and pin the tail. Or something like that.

aladdin2007

As it appears to sit:

- Moana E-ticket

Sites under review:
- MK, AL expansion pad
- DHS, northwest corner

I feel like out of that list 2 of them will happen before others.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
As it appears to sit:

- Moana E-ticket

Sites under review:
- MK, AL expansion pad
- DHS, northwest corner

FWIW. I heard Moana boat, Racers and a C or D- ticket Coco attraction. But everyone else is saying it'll be Flight of the Alebrijes so...

Just RSR would be pretty disappointing. Cars Land at DCA is one of the most gorgeous, immersive environment WDI has ever created. To pick up RSR and plop it down anywhere at WDW without the surroundings would be extremely disappointing.
But it fits the mold of how they've treated WDW over the years. Generally inferior versions of things designed for Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom