Trip Report Giving It My All-LIVE!!🤞

Yes, I know I still haven’t finished my TR from January 2023. I’ve been back 4 times since & haven’t TR’ed on those. So, what is possessing me to attempt this?🤷‍♀️ Your guess is as good as mine. As I was leaving the house this morning I started thinking about it & decided to give it a shot. I figured we don’t take many pictures bc we repeat the same things quite often so this will be more of a brief summary of what we‘ll be doing over the next 5 days. And there probably won’t be much commentary from me until the end as I’m very old school & prefer to type on an actual keyboard at the computer, not my phone or iPad!!

Quick rundown bc again I hate typing on this:

E, J & myself
April 1-5
POR

Monday, April 1st

E was a bit concerned about airport crowds & parking so R drove us to the airport since he was off from work today.
IMG_2248.jpeg

I went to charge my iPad this morning & look what I found @Tuvalu & @Tony the Tigger!! Apparently I closed it in my iPad-I never did lose it!!😂
IMG_2249.jpeg

Typical Pittsburgh weather
IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

The precheck line was longer than the regular security line.
IMG_2253.jpeg

Took off only 5 minutes late!!
IMG_2256.jpeg

Our Mears shuttle just pulled onto property!! The fun is about to begin!!!

fractal

I was super excited to have a friend join us for a few hours. She was supposed to be there earlier but unfortunately her plane was delayed. But, I’ll take what I can get!!
View attachment 777441
None other than the lovely Darstarr!!

Darstarr, J & I were headed to Guardians. E doesn’t ride it so she went off with our new friends. They were attempting to try to get in the lounge at Space 220 but it was full so they ended up at La Cava.

A pic of J & his riding partner with Groot.
View attachment 777434

Blurry pic of Dar & J at the end of the ride-which was awesome as always!!
BTW-“We Ran”
View attachment 777435

On our way to meet the rest of the crew J asked me if we could stop in Club Cool. Shh-don’t tell E!!🤣
View attachment 777436

La Cava was pretty crowded & the hostess kind of didn’t want to let us in at that point. But, the waitress they had was a sweetie & she told us to come in!!
The spicy margarita was excellent!!
View attachment 777442

Most of the crew were drinking Pepe’s special margarita. It’s pretty strong & no one knows what’s in it-except Pepe!!

Darstarr ordered(I can’t remember the exact name) some floral margarita that comes with quite the presentation. It was super cool!!
View attachment 777437

Finally, a picture with our new friends!!
View attachment 777438
We asked our waitress to take it & she said no-she wanted to be in it!! She was great!!

We were having so much fun that we were still there past our dinner reservation time. Our new friends were heading to Guardians & Darstarr had to head back to her resort to meet her sister. We, along with @boardwalkbum2(his fiancée was still working) decided to see if Tutto Italia would still honor our reservation!

But first, a few parting pictures
View attachment 777439

View attachment 777440

Epic

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Celebrate Number 1 GIF by Awkwafina

First! Hope you guys have a great trip!
Yay!! Thanks for following. We did!!
Yay! Have a blast!!
Thank you!! It was a great trip!!
Great to see a new @riverside trip report. Hope there will be a Tuvalu & Em meet up.
Thank you!! As you’ve already seen there were a few!!😊
I am definitely following!! A live report? I am in! Enjoy the time away that you so much deserve ❤
Thank you!! Live-can you believe it!!
Have a great time!!!
Thank you!! We had a blast!!
Following!
Thanks!! Hope you enjoyed it!!
See ya real soon!
So much fun but it went by too quick!!
I’m here this week with the grandkids. I’ll keep an eye open for you.
Sorry we didn’t see you!!
Have a great time!!!
Thanks!! We really did!!
Have a great trip! I do miss staying at Riverside but I have a hard time saying no to the cheaper, and better updated, rooms at Coronado lol. But I do have a dinner reservation at Boatwright's, which we've never eaten at before, with plans to get the beignets afterwards. I can't stay away completely :)
Thanks!! The rooms are fine IMO & I just love the grounds so much!!
Enjoy the stay. The weather is much better here than in PA!
Thanks!! Definitely a lot of rain. There’s a lot of flooding around here.
I’m still blocked out! No Tony meetup. Have a drink for me, and have fun. Salud!
Bummer!! We did!! Say hi to Brian for me!!
Glad to hear T-Rex food is still enjoyable…!!! :)
We’ve eaten there 3 times over the years (‘12, ‘13 and ‘16) and it was always delicious…!!!!! :hungry:
In ‘12 and ‘13 I had the Triassic Trio (6 oz. sirloin, bay scallops in a cheesy sauce, and a grilled shrimp and veggie skewer over long grain and wild rice), and in ‘16 I had the Meteor Meatloaf.
Again, glad to hear y’all enjoyed it…!!! :)
Yes, it was excellent. The meatloaf was my second choice!!
@riverside , I'm enjoying your newest TR. And I always look forward to J's experiences, when he joins you on your WDW vacation trips! :joyfull:
Thank you so much!! J is a trip!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh my goodness!! So happy you decided to document this one! Thanks for taking the time and have a blast!
Thank you for reading!!
Excited to follow along!
I am staying at POR for the first time later this month. It will leave Grand Flo as my last resort to check off, can't believe its taken me this long to book there
Hope you guys have a great trip!
Thanks!!
I hope you enjoy your stay there.
OMG - the little boy in J is completely gone! When did he get so big?! Enjoy your trip.
Thanks!! He’s almost as tall as his mom!!
I completely agree about Magic Kingdom. If I can't get there early, I tend to not go at all as it's waaaay too crowded mid day. E must be on a working vacation? She's on her phone in a bunch of the photos :joyfull: And J is definitely growing up! Is he feeling any less attachment to Disney as he gets older? Just curious as I know it happens.
Yes, she worked quite a bit during this trip, unfortunately.
No, he still seems to enjoy it just as much as he always has.
I’m following. We will be at POR next week. 😊
Yay!! I’m excited for you!!
I am so THRILLED that you are doing a Live TR Patti!!!!
Happy Youtube GIF by Rosanna Pansino
Looks like you all had an easy flight down and a fun first day. We haven't been to T-Rex yet, but we were frequent diners at The Rainforest Cafe back in the day when our daughters were young. Even with the crowds at MK, it looks like you were able to accomplish a lot today! Glad to hear Skipper Canteen was such a success. We haven't dined there yet but now that you raved about it, I think we'll give it a try on an upcoming trip! Have a fun rest of your day.
Yes, the whole trip was great!! Getting there early really was worth it. Even though it was hard to get up!!
It was really good. You should give it a try!!
I am so psyched you liked Skipper Canteena. It is our normal must do in MK. You are missing nothing her but a lot of rain! Flooding everywhere. Tell E to get off her phone. She looks like Den😆
It was great!!
Just like Den-work, work, work. In all fairness I got bothered everyday also but it was only once each day!!
Was J happy to see @TrolleyFollower91 again? 😉
He was but I think he’s more embarrassed now than anything. He definitely knows who she is.
Following along, I'm glad you got to meet up with @Tuvalu
Thanks!! Me too!!
Following all the Spring Break fun!

Spring Break Sun GIF by megan lockhart
Thanks & it was super fun!!
That’s pretty norm for POR. Our bus was always the last one. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Our busses leaving the park were always there waiting on us. Getting there was a totally different story!!
I'd give you an A+ so far!!
Thanks!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love that you got to meet up with Tuvalu and Em at the pool!!! J is so adorable with his book report comment. 🤣 🤣 He looks like he got so much older from when we last saw you in December! The bus wait times can be soooo frustrating. I hope it's not that bad at WL next week when I arrive. Hope you're having a great day!
Me too!!
He is very funny. I need to start writing down what he says. And yes, he does look a lot older.
I hope so too for your sake!! Have a great time!!😘
I love a live TR!! Can't wait to keep following along!
Thank you!! I hope you enjoyed it.
You are an OG trip reporter Riverside-and I’m not talking about Wedding soup!!!
😂😂😂
I’m so glad we solved that mystery!! Safe travels home!!
I looked for you all 3 times at Baseline YESTERDAY, wrong park! Going to Epcot tomorrow. 🤞
Had we been there that day I’m sure you would have seen us. We spent quite a bit of time there!!
I miss Riverside but I do NOT miss their bus situation 🤣
I actually don’t mind the multiple stops bc I love looking at the grounds!!
This is pretty awesome!
Agreed!!
It looks like you all had such a fun day!!!
It was great!!
Awesome…!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Last October, my DWifey, our DS and myself were part of a group of 18 (Disney internet friends - one guy was there from New Zealand with his wife and daughter) that saw Yehaa Bob.
We had the 2 front tables and then some, and as well as his table visits, we also got a group pic with him at the end of his last set…!!! :)
It was indeed a funnnnn night…!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:
How cool!!
I love that you always see YeHaw Bob Shows at WDW and even better with Disney Friends!!!
I couldn’t agree more!!
I'm so glad you are all having a great time! Can't believe that J is getting so old now!
Thank you!! I know, it’s crazy!!
I can't believe it is Friday already 😳 😫 Safe travels home! Looks like you had another great time! I hope your foot held up, ok. 🤗
It went by way too quick!! I struggled a bit but it could have been worse. I think it’s time to pay the doctor a visit though.
One day I'll be back....😢
I hope sooner than later!!🤞
She better not leave us hanging or this grade might have to be adjusted..... 🤣
I may not have been super timely but I was pretty happy with myself overall!! At least I finished this one!!🤣🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can’t wait!! It’s always great to see you both!!😘
See, I told you a live TR was easier! Congratulations on finishing! Looks like a great time. Welcome home, I mean back to Pittsburgh...
Thanks-I can’t believe it myself. And I agree 100 percent. It is easier!!
Looks like this was a really fun trip.

Bummer; your next trip is in June. 😢
It was!!
Why is that a bummer?🤔
This was such a fun TR Patti!!! It looks like you all had such a fabulous time together!!! Thanks for sharing your adventures with us LIVE
Snowboarding Winter Sports GIF by All-Round Champion
Thank you!! I’m so glad I did it!!
Thanks for sharing Patti!! It was good hearing from you again!
Thank you!! You’re so sweet!!
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading!!
Yep!! So much fun!!
You did great doing this live report. Hope you decide to do it again in June.
Thank you!! I probably will!!
Another fan here of your live report -- so much fun to follow along!! Thank you! 🥰
Thank you so much!! I appreciate that!!
Excellent Book Report! A+ Thanks for writing! 😍
🤣🤣🤣
Thank you so much!! Glad you enjoyed it!!
Looks like such a great time!
It was a blast!! I wish we could have stayed longer!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom