Trip Report Giving It My All-LIVE!!🤞

Yes, I know I still haven’t finished my TR from January 2023. I’ve been back 4 times since & haven’t TR’ed on those. So, what is possessing me to attempt this?🤷‍♀️ Your guess is as good as mine. As I was leaving the house this morning I started thinking about it & decided to give it a shot. I figured we don’t take many pictures bc we repeat the same things quite often so this will be more of a brief summary of what we‘ll be doing over the next 5 days. And there probably won’t be much commentary from me until the end as I’m very old school & prefer to type on an actual keyboard at the computer, not my phone or iPad!!

Quick rundown bc again I hate typing on this:

E, J & myself
April 1-5
POR

Monday, April 1st

E was a bit concerned about airport crowds & parking so R drove us to the airport since he was off from work today.
IMG_2248.jpeg

I went to charge my iPad this morning & look what I found @Tuvalu & @Tony the Tigger!! Apparently I closed it in my iPad-I never did lose it!!😂
IMG_2249.jpeg

Typical Pittsburgh weather
IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

The precheck line was longer than the regular security line.
IMG_2253.jpeg

Took off only 5 minutes late!!
IMG_2256.jpeg

Our Mears shuttle just pulled onto property!! The fun is about to begin!!!

riverside

Original Poster
Attempted to take a picture of the golf course while dropping off at Saratoga for R.
IMG_2259.jpeg

While J succeeded in photobombing it!!
IMG_2260.jpeg

We’re home!!❤️❤️❤️
IMG_2261.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

POR room pics just bc it’s been awhile!!
IMG_2266.jpeg

E & I have adjoining rooms.
IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

We’re heading to DS for dinner. I have never seen the line for the boat this long. Therefore, no cruise down on The Sassagoula for us. We’re taking the bus!!
IMG_2270.jpeg

riverside

Original Poster
We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus but we felt it was still better than what the boat wait would have been.
J was telling us he thinks he’s gotten taller since the last trip!!
IMG_2271.jpeg

J wanted to eat at T-Rex. I tried, unsuccessfully, for 2 months to get a reservation. I have a Landry’s card so I figured we could hopefully get in with that. The line to check in/ask our question was super long. We noticed a sign that there was available bar seating. We went to check it out & found the last three seats available-& they were together. Perfect!!
IMG_2272.jpeg

The bartenders showed J what his special glass could do.
IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

J was doing the crossword puzzle & E pointed out that he got one wrong(far left). She said he made a mistake & assumed that he thought the I was an L. Well, after all 3 of us went over it up & down we knew he didn’t make the mistake. They did!!😮
IMG_2280.jpeg

Time for the food!! This is only the 2nd time we’ve ate there but I must say it was very good. I think their food is underrated, actually. We all enjoyed our dinners very much!!

I had the Pot Roast Pot Pie. It was great!! I didn’t eat much of the biscuit though bc it was very filling & I preferred to eat more of the meat & vegetables.
IMG_2281.jpeg

J had Mac & Cheese. I tried a bite of it. We both thought it was delicious!!
E loved hers too. She had the Crustacean Trio.
IMG_2282.jpeg

J’s meal came with a dessert. He chose the ice cream sandwich. We laughed when they brought it out, in a wrapper, on a plate. We felt the presentation would have been better if they had taken it out of the wrapper.
IMG_2283.jpeg

After dinner we went into a few stores then caught the bus back.
Time to get ready for tomorrow!!

Last edited:

LeighM

Have a great trip! I do miss staying at Riverside but I have a hard time saying no to the cheaper, and better updated, rooms at Coronado lol. But I do have a dinner reservation at Boatwright's, which we've never eaten at before, with plans to get the beignets afterwards. I can't stay away completely :)

donaldtoo

We had to wait about 15 minutes for a bus but we felt it was still better than what the boat wait would have been.
J was telling us he thinks he’s gotten taller since the last trip!!
View attachment 776477

J wanted to eat at T-Rex. I tried, unsuccessfully, for 2 months to get a reservation. I have a Landry’s card so I figured we could hopefully get in with that. The line to check in/ask our question was super long. We noticed a sign that there was available bar seating. We went to check it out & found the last three seats available-& they were together. Perfect!!
View attachment 776478

The bartenders showed J what his special glass could do.
View attachment 776479

View attachment 776480

View attachment 776481

J was doing the crossword puzzle & E pointed out that he got one wrong(far left). She said he made a mistake & assumed that he thought the I was an L. Well, after all 3 of us went over it up & down we knew he didn’t make the mistake. They did!!😮
View attachment 776482

Time for the food!! This is only the 2nd time we’ve ate there but I must say it was very good. I think their food is underrated, actually. We all enjoyed our dinners very much!!

I had the Pot Roast Pot Pie. It was great!! I didn’t eat much of the biscuit though bc it was very filling & I preferred to eat more of the meat & vegetables.
View attachment 776483

J had Mac & Cheese. I tried a bite of it. We both thought it was delicious!!
E loved hers too. She had the Crustacean Trio.
View attachment 776484

J’s meal came with a dessert. He chose the ice cream sandwich. We laughed when they brought it out, in a wrapper, on a plate. We felt the presentation would have been better if they had taken it out of the wrapper.
View attachment 776485

After dinner we went into a few stores then caught the bus back.
Time to get ready for tomorrow!!

Glad to hear T-Rex food is still enjoyable…!!! :)
We’ve eaten there 3 times over the years (‘12, ‘13 and ‘16) and it was always delicious…!!!!! :hungry:
In ‘12 and ‘13 I had the Triassic Trio (6 oz. sirloin, bay scallops in a cheesy sauce, and a grilled shrimp and veggie skewer over long grain and wild rice), and in ‘16 I had the Meteor Meatloaf.
Again, glad to hear y’all enjoyed it…!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom