Trip Report Giving It My All-LIVE!!šŸ¤ž

Yes, I know I still havenā€™t finished my TR from January 2023. Iā€™ve been back 4 times since & havenā€™t TRā€™ed on those. So, what is possessing me to attempt this?šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Your guess is as good as mine. As I was leaving the house this morning I started thinking about it & decided to give it a shot. I figured we donā€™t take many pictures bc we repeat the same things quite often so this will be more of a brief summary of what weā€˜ll be doing over the next 5 days. And there probably wonā€™t be much commentary from me until the end as Iā€™m very old school & prefer to type on an actual keyboard at the computer, not my phone or iPad!!

Quick rundown bc again I hate typing on this:

E, J & myself
April 1-5
POR

Monday, April 1st

E was a bit concerned about airport crowds & parking so R drove us to the airport since he was off from work today.
IMG_2248.jpeg

I went to charge my iPad this morning & look what I found @Tuvalu & @Tony the Tigger!! Apparently I closed it in my iPad-I never did lose it!!šŸ˜‚
IMG_2249.jpeg

Typical Pittsburgh weather
IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

The precheck line was longer than the regular security line.
IMG_2253.jpeg

Took off only 5 minutes late!!
IMG_2256.jpeg

Our Mears shuttle just pulled onto property!! The fun is about to begin!!!

riverside

Original Poster
MK is becoming a zoo. Way too crowded for our liking. Weā€™re glad we went early & were able to accomplish as much as we did!!

First time J tried this. Glad he did. Just saw that itā€™s closing this summer!!
IMG_2304.jpeg

We havenā€™t seen this in awhile. The Lion King is my favorite part!!
IMG_2299.jpeg

Our skipper was hysterical!!
IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2300.jpeg

The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!!
IMG_3452.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

Wow!! Our lunch was amazing!! I canā€™t believe we waited this long to try Skipper Canteen. The service & food were excellent!!
IMG_2313.jpeg

Cheesy bread appetizer
IMG_2314.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

cgersic

I completely agree about Magic Kingdom. If I can't get there early, I tend to not go at all as it's waaaay too crowded mid day. E must be on a working vacation? She's on her phone in a bunch of the photos :joyfull: And J is definitely growing up! Is he feeling any less attachment to Disney as he gets older? Just curious as I know it happens.

Last edited:

lindawdw

I am so THRILLED that you are doing a Live TR Patti!!!!
Happy Youtube GIF by Rosanna Pansino
Looks like you all had an easy flight down and a fun first day. We haven't been to T-Rex yet, but we were frequent diners at The Rainforest Cafe back in the day when our daughters were young. Even with the crowds at MK, it looks like you were able to accomplish a lot today! Glad to hear Skipper Canteen was such a success. We haven't dined there yet but now that you raved about it, I think we'll give it a try on an upcoming trip! Have a fun rest of your day.

riverside

Original Poster
I forgot to mention that before we left MK I was on a mission. R saw online that The Emporium had a new golf shirt & quarter zip that he wanted. He made me promise I would get them for him. I kept my promise.
IMG_2319.jpeg

We got back to POR & rested for a bit-much to Jā€™s dismay!!šŸ¤£
I watched one of my favorites!!
IMG_2320.jpeg

I took J to Ol Man Island to go swimming. E was working & was going to meet us when she was done.
IMG_2321.jpeg

IMG_2323.jpeg

J wanted to go in the hot tub for a bit. As he went in I heard a familiar voice calling my name!!
IMG_2815.jpeg

(picture courtesy of @TrolleyFollower91)

We had a nice time together as always!! Itā€™s always fun hanging out with these lovely ladies!! And God bless them, they had to hear some stories as a result of a few phone calls I received. And they learned how much I despise the chairs dragging at Muddy Rivers!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

After we parted ways, we hung out at the pool a little longer. Patrick, a server & friend from The River Roost(Iā€™ll let @Tuvalu give commentary on that!!) pixie dusted J with this!!
IMG_2325.jpeg

Now weā€™re back at the rooms & going to head to The Riverside Mill for dinner.

riverside

Original Poster
I have read and appreciated all your comments & will definitely reply to everyone once I have my computer in front of me!!
And who would have thought that Iā€™m further along in this TR than the one I started way back when!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I wanted to share something I found pretty amusingā€”
While in the Pittsburgh airport I was explaining to J that I was doing a live TR. Then I had to explain what a TR was.šŸ¤£
He said, ā€œDoes that mean Iā€™m going to be in it?ā€
He also asked me if he could read & follow along so when he asks me he keeps saying, ā€œDid you add more to your book report yet?ā€šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Same difference, I guess!!

Last night was relaxing.
We ate at The Riverside Mill. I had a bacon cheeseburger. E & J split a pizza.
IMG_2327.jpeg

Then we hung out in the arcade for a bit.
IMG_2329.jpeg

Then it was off to bed. We have an early start again today!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Weā€™ve been waiting for a bus since 7:15. We went from ā€œuse busā€(never a good sign) to a pickup time of 7:43 with an 8:03 arrival. So much for early entryšŸ™„
View attachment 776720
Keep in mind weā€™ve seen 3 MK buses, 2 AK & 3 Epcot. If I see one for DS I think I might lose it!!
Thatā€™s pretty norm for POR. Our bus was always the last one. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom