News Ahsoka coming to Star Tours

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Ahsoka and Din Djarin are two of the two most popular characters outside of the main movies. We're only talking about added scenes so I don't think Disney is expecting this to turn around Star Tours nor absorb huge numbers for Hollywood Studios. This feels more like a fan service thing.
If it were a fan service thing, then there is no reason why solid D-Ticket Star Tours attraction should consistently have smaller wait times than C-Tickets like the Racing Academy or the Micky Animated Short.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Screen-based games are easy to update and change out
And yet, they're not. :Sadface:
sadts.png

Mark Dunne

Universal will be quaking in there boots ! there gonna re think epic adventure after this news 🤭 ,talk about flogging an ole horse, Star tours should be lots of individual ride systems like smugglers run, bring it right up to date, these execs get excited when they don't have to spend to much money, i wonder if these 17 new lands that Mr Iger discussed will be 17 additions to S. Tours 😂

BrianLo

Finally we get the epic universe response.

New star tours scenes

Epic doesn’t open until summer 2025. I really don’t understand why everyone needs to drag Disney’s actually kind of superior* 2024 marketing offerings. It’s really all starting to come off quite juvenile. These things are all meant to impact summer and Winter 2024 booking.

Drag the seemingly non-existent 2025/2026 moves that Disney currently has not announced. That’s the actual bloodbath. A Season of the Force in Spring 2024 is completely inconsequentially a non factor to something 12+ months out.

*Mermaid, Country Bears, Star Tours, Tiana, holdover Luminous/Epcot versus Dreamworks and VillainsCon

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Epic doesn’t open until summer 2025. I really don’t understand why everyone needs to drag Disney’s actually kind of superior* 2024 marketing offerings. It’s really all starting to come off quite juvenile. These things are all meant to impact summer and Winter 2024 booking.

Drag the seemingly non-existent 2025/2026 moves that Disney currently has not announced. That’s the actual bloodbath. A Season of the Force in Spring 2024 is completely inconsequentially a non factor to something 12+ months out.

*Mermaid, Country Bears, Star Tours, Tiana, holdover Luminous/Epcot versus Dreamworks and VillainsCon

So you think Disney's marketing offerings for 2024 are actually kind of superior? You think it'll actually bring more through the gate or is it just a desperate attempt to do "something" and make it look like they are trying?

Mermaid show (was there before, this will just be an updated version)
Country Bears (was there before, this will just be an updated version)
Star Tours (was there before, this will just be an updated version)
Tiana (ride system/attraction was there before, this will just be an updated theme/version)
Luminous (nighttime show was there before, this was just an updated version because they botched Harmonious so badly)

see the trends?

Are there any new attractions under construction? We know new attractions typically take 3-5+ years to build now so...to me that's concerning. They can announce what they could do or what they are drawing up all they want, but it gives us nothing.

Last edited:

BrianLo

So you think Disney's marketing offerings for 2024 are actually kind of superior? You think it'll actually bring more through the gate or is it just a desperate attempt to do "something" and make it look like they are trying?

Tiana (ride system/attraction was there before, this will just be an updated theme/version)
Luminous (nighttime show was there before, this was just an updated version because they botched Harmonious so badly)

see the trends?

Are there any new attractions under construction? We know new attractions typically take 3-5+ years to build now so...to me that's concerning. They can announce what they could do or what they are drawing up all they want, but it gives us nothing.

Again, read my post.

Drag Disney’s 2025/26 to your hearts content. Stop painting a bunch of 2024 overlays like a chess game against Epic. The park is up to 18 months away, we aren’t in that booking cycle. Meanwhile Orlando bookings are down and there is plenty of reason to forgo Universal this year.

Dreamworks and VillainsCon suffer the same replacement issue so I’m still kind of not understanding your point? Yes, Disney has a stronger market for 2024… and they most assuredly do not for the next two years thereafter. Just like yes almost assuredly Universal will trounce the competitor for several years thereafter.

But what does a Star Tours D+ synergy have to do with that?

cjkeating

It was meant to be updated over time.
Maybe the only good thing about Toy Story 5 is we finally get some TSMM updates? I doubt it but I can live in hope.
dont forget the massive parking lot behind it which you could easily expand onto.....
Only problem is Galaxy's Edge is not designed in anyway to be expanded in that direction, you can see how bad the sightlines are from driving around the park. I believe if that land is ever used for expansion it will be for a parking lot to allow the park to be expanded out beyond the stuntshow/Backlot Express.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

see the trends?

At best if it's announced at D23. (Don't know why they would have to wait for an arbitrary date) anything of significance announced this year would be completed by 2028-2030. By that time you will already have phase 2 with the Zelda expansion and possibly more at EU.

They know full well what's going on, they just can do anything about it. They're only worried about hole they're in with DTC and Studios and their failing mega franchises.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I do too. The Falcon could be immensely improved if they updated it to do one of the Death Star runs or the escape into the asteroid field, but alas.
It's almost like someone idiot studio head forced Bob Iger to base it all on the Sequel Trilogy.
Only problem is Galaxy's Edge is not designed in anyway to be expanded in that direction, you can see how bad the sightlines are from driving around the park. I believe if that land is ever used for expansion it will be for a parking lot to allow the park to be expanded out beyond the stuntshow/Backlot Express.
If only it were put where it was originally intended to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom