News Test Track to be reimagined

erasure fan1

I think the current version of Kiliminjaro Safaris is better than the original, even though I wasn't happy about the change until I actually experienced it without the story.

The anti-poaching story was an admirable attempt but in retrospect it actually detracted from the overall experience. The live animals functioned like set dressing and you didn't get to really take them in the way you do now.
That's fair. I personally liked the story but to each their own. I liked the collapsing bridge, the little chase... It added a little something extra to it, I never really found it distracting.

UNCgolf

That's fair. I personally liked the story but to each their own. I liked the collapsing bridge, the little chase... It added a little something extra to it, I never really found it distracting.

I liked the story too -- that's why I originally wasn't happy that they were removing it.

If you really just want to see the animals, though, the current version is significantly better. I was surprised that I liked it so much more.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

I believe Tony Baxter was heavily involved in Star Tours 2.0 (might have been the final substantial project he had a hand in), so that probably explains some aspects of its success.
Tony's arch nemesis Tom Fitzgerald was the lead on the Star Tours 2.0 refresh if i am remembering correctly.
As far as i am aware, Tony was not involved in the re-do.

Tony's last major project he had a direct hand in at WDI before his 'retirement' was Disneyland's 'Fantasy Faire' themed area.

-

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I’m honestly stoked for this. Does anyone have any idea when TT could close?
Nothing has leaked, but I would assume this is something they can announce in full at D23 and close in January and have reopen at the end of the year 2025 to be "something for the Orlando parks" in 2025. I don't think much else they have coming (ride wise) could be ready in 2025. It's not a lot, but it's SOMETHING.

peter11435

Nothing has leaked, but I would assume this is something they can announce in full at D23 and close in January and have reopen at the end of the year 2025 to be "something for the Orlando parks" in 2025. I don't think much else they have coming (ride wise) could be ready in 2025. It's not a lot, but it's SOMETHING.
The timeline for this is very different than what you propose…

Phicinfan

Didn't they state in the call this week that alot of the "adds" are to be done by 2025? If so, I would assume this will close down pretty soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom