Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

erstwo

We’re waiting with baited breath to see if we’ll have a house left. And we have family and friends that didn’t evacuate. It’s looking like we’ll take a direct hit. It’s awful waiting.
Okay, I would now like to apologize for my earlier sarcastic response. :oops: I hope your house - and especially your family and friends - make it through safe and sound.

Sandurz

Also when people are comparing to the quick drainage floods commonly seen in MK after a few inches of rain… do not assume forecasts of 15inches of rain means 5x worse.

You are skipping a critical dimension… time.

MK floods because of a high volume of water in a short period of time. Getting delughes of rain that are high rate. The issue is water coming in faster than it can drain (more than the issue being total volume).

The forecasts you are seeing are total rain fall… not per hour rain fall.

Obviously there is a cumulative effect when where the drain goes gets saturated and that’s a major concern in a sustained event like this… but don’t expect 8ft in the MK walkway:)

Yes! I'm certain there are plenty of people on this board who have been IN the Magic Kingdom during moments of heavier rainfall than it'll see over the next 48 hours.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We’re waiting with baited breath to see if we’ll have a house left. And we have family and friends that didn’t evacuate. It’s looking like we’ll take a direct hit. It’s awful waiting.

Have you been able to get in touch with them?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Calm. Dark skies. Feeling of apprehension in the air. Walking around with prep already underway. Happy BGM playing despite the knowledge of what’s coming.

And hundreds of cellphone weather alerts all ringing simultaneously.
Stay safe my friend! PS I hope everybody riding out the storms on property watch your videos so they have a greater appreciation for a history of the parks

CaptainAmerica

Lots of friends at various resorts at the moment. Some working elsewhere too.

Epcot was very surreal last night.

Be safe everyone.
I'm getting updates from the animal care team and they're preparing for a Jurassic Park situation.

EDIT to clarify: This is mostly a joke. They're in good spirits, but the logistics of making sure everyone is safe is akin to a military operation.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Have you been able to get in touch with them?

They’ve asked for people not to text or call them right now. I messaged with them this morning and they’re set up as best as possible but they want to protect their battery life. One friend in PG is posting updates on FB about every hour or so but otherwise just waiting and watching and trying to respect their wishes. There’s nothing I can do from here. They’ll need all the battery they can get after the storm passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom