Expedition Everest effects status watch

TrainsOfDisney

It's a significant loss for the attraction -- obviously not quite at the level of the yeti, but it had a major effect on the overall ride experience.
I think I would put it equal to the yeti - maybe even bigger. Seeing the tracks visibly switch is a major change to the design of the ride experience.

They never really tried to make the yeti work in B-mode. Added a strobe light and called it a day. With proper lighting and some physical effects, the current yeti scene could still look really cool.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Screenshot_20220628-194549_Instagram.jpg

"I seem to have died. Is that ok?"- Betty the Yeti, daily since 2008

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Could this be a result of the refurb a few months back? My understanding is that the refurb was a technical update/repairs for the ride systems with no show improvements, however my understanding is that a number of the mist effects where shut off because they interfered with the sensors, causing the ride to go down. If the they replaced the sensors with ones that are able to withstand/not be affected by the mist or relocated the sensors in such as way as so that they are not in the mist area as part of the ride system upgrades maybe the mist effects now being operational was an unintended bonus?

Dragonman

Could this be a result of the refurb a few months back? My understanding is that the refurb was a technical update/repairs for the ride systems with no show improvements, however my understanding is that a number of the mist effects where shut off because they interfered with the sensors, causing the ride to go down. If the they replaced the sensors with ones that are able to withstand/not be affected by the mist or relocated the sensors in such as way as so that they are not in the mist area as part of the ride system upgrades maybe the mist effects now being operational was an unintended bonus?
Either way it would have been a mist opportunity not to fix anything 😉😂

VicariousCorpse

I am not trying to be negative, but I will believe it when I see it. I looked at every video uploaded from the last week with the ride and I didn't see the mist working. This would be huge considering its been off for pretty much its entire lifespan of the ride. It's also VERY noticeable if you ever rode it with the effect.
Every so often someone comes in the thread claiming the yeti was working when they just rode it and we all know how that turns out. It's easy to get confused if you are not familiar with the effect. Or maybe all this talk of steam and mist and someone got it confused with the loading platform effect.

TrainsOfDisney

Or maybe all this talk of steam and mist and someone got it confused with the loading platform effect.
Yes, that’s what I was asking. Someone said the “mist is working again” and I was questioning if they meant the steam at the station or the mist / fog effect in the mountain.

I agree that I doubt the fog is back, but I sure wish it was along with an improved yeti show scene.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I am not trying to be negative, but I will believe it when I see it. I looked at every video uploaded from the last week with the ride and I didn't see the mist working. This would be huge considering its been off for pretty much its entire lifespan of the ride. It's also VERY noticeable if you ever rode it with the effect.
Every so often someone comes in the thread claiming the yeti was working when they just rode it and we all know how that turns out. It's easy to get confused if you are not familiar with the effect. Or maybe all this talk of steam and mist and someone got it confused with the loading platform effect.
Agreed 100%. I have been lurking here long enough to know not to get my hopes up. I was just throwing an idea out there as to why they may be working again after so long... if they are working. And if they are working I hope that they keep working until end of July so I can experience them myself!

The Visionary Soul

The mist in the upper caverns of the mountain was value engineered. It was meant to be LN2 but was VEd to become water based. (Nozzle costs and pipes were a huge factor during construction, we’re talking thousands of dollars versus millions here) The problem arose when the water would start to puddle near the top, creating hazardous evacuation route conditions. Unless they actually spent money to improve drainage at the top on the evac route or actually replace the pipes and nozzles to handle LN2 (ridiculously costly), it’s unlikely that this effect can be working again for any sustained length of time.

bhg469

Anyone remember when they did service on it years ago and the twisted track at the top was missing? I didn't ride it at that time but the videos of it looked horrifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom