Expedition Everest effects status watch

Br0ckford

This one is a better version of the full animation..
yetimove.gif
We see him whip, now can he nay nay?

Someday he’ll be back.
The mountain is such a massive permanent structure that I don’t see a way it could be rethemed, and as such it will likely remain in the park for a very long time, like the Matterhorn. This means that inevitably, maybe in 5 years, maybe in 10 or 15+, the ride will have to have a massive show refurbishment. I believe that during one of these refurbishments at some point in the near or far future, they will either fix the yeti or replace it with a lighter version of the figure. I know I sound like TarzanForever right now, but I’m serious!

BlakeW39

Someday he’ll be back.
The mountain is such a massive permanent structure that I don’t see a way it could be rethemed, and as such it will likely remain in the park for a very long time, like the Matterhorn. This means that inevitably, maybe in 5 years, maybe in 10 or 15+, the ride will have to have a massive show refurbishment. I believe that during one of these refurbishments at some point in the near or far future, they will either fix the yeti or replace it with a lighter version of the figure. I know I sound like TarzanForever right now, but I’m serious!

Uh huh.. I'll believe it when I see it.

Disney doesn't even care enough to fix the steam and mist effects on the ride. If they don't care enough to do THAT, then I think it's safe to say the Yeti is the last thing they're worrying about.

Dragonman

Disney doesn't even care enough to fix the steam and mist effects on the ride. If they don't care enough to do THAT, then I think it's safe to say the Yeti is the last thing they're worrying about.
There’s a reason the steam and mist effects are not working, they’ve been permanently shut off for a long time because they kept tripping ride sensors.

TrainsOfDisney

There’s a reason the steam and mist effects are not working, they’ve been permanently shut off for a long time because they kept tripping ride sensors.
Those are 2 different effects. The fog / mist in the tunnels (which made a huge difference in the ride since it made the track switches invisible to riders) is what caused the sensor issue. Other fog effects would probably work but I doubt they looked into them.

The steam at the beginning of the attraction is actual hot steam and it has worked on and off throughout the years - about the same as the water falls and the bird on a stick.

cjkeating

Those are 2 different effects. The fog / mist in the tunnels (which made a huge difference in the ride since it made the track switches invisible to riders) is what caused the sensor issue. Other fog effects would probably work but I doubt they looked into them.

The steam at the beginning of the attraction is actual hot steam and it has worked on and off throughout the years - about the same as the water falls and the bird on a stick.
Steam in the station was working last week.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think if the park had another Pandora-esque land with another eticket coaster, plus the built out whatever dinoland becomes, opportunities might be easier. The park needs attractions for guests to be in line for ig EE goes down to fox the yeti.

DisneyFanatic12

Speaking of the steam effect, steam was blowing through the station on my last trip there about 3 weeks ago. It comes out of the floor. Some goes up the sides of the train, while some blows out the top. Don’t know if it’s still turned on…

If they switch to a camera sensor or something they could probably do the tunnel steam again… TOT has a smoke effect in the queue now so I don’t think it’s a spending issue as much as it would hinder ride operations…

I do want some steam/smoke blowing out of the floors in the Dinosaur loading area though 😞

UNCgolf

The ellipsis before "guest satisfaction" reinforces my long-held belief that that's the biggest impediment to getting it done. To the vast majority of people, it's not even clear that anything is wrong.

Yep. The ride is quite popular as-is so why bother spending a bunch of additional money on it to fix the yeti?

hopemax

The ellipsis before "guest satisfaction" reinforces my long-held belief that that's the biggest impediment to getting it done. To the vast majority of people, it's not even clear that anything is wrong.
Even if they do know, given what we’ve seen out of Disney and expediency… it wouldn’t be crazy to make a false assumption that it would require the ride being out of service for 2 years or some ridiculousness. So they’d rather have an open ride + broken Yeti, over closed ride. If Disney committed to a Mummy length rehab or shorter, that would be another thing. But who trusts Disney to do things like that anymore?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom