Expedition Everest effects status watch

thelookingglass

Not really an effect, but it seems as though they now operate with the railings up on the second lift:

It was like this on a recent visit for me as well. Before, the railing would only rise if the ride shut down.

thelookingglass

That's poor show.

I mean, the average person probably won't think about it, but it does lose some of the effect of being suspended up in the air and makes it more standard rollercoaster-ish.

Also, the hair ties are collecting again. And it really bugs me that they didn't pressure wash and paint the snow at the top. Or install some tarps to block the light leak into the hollow structure during the backwards portion. That refurbishment was the time.. and they did nothing, show-wise.

DoleWhipDrea

SOP with Disney nowadays seems to be, "Can the ride vehicles move safely through the attraction? If so, it's good enough to be open." As for anything else, we're lucky if the main AA is working (hah.)

Things will only change if guests stop filling the parks, though at that point, that will be the excuse for more things being run down and the penny-pinching will just get worse. But the reality is that if Disney is going to run the parks like cheaper state amusement parks with smaller budgets, then people are going to slowly but surely vote with their wallets. They want to price out us plebians, anyway. But the joke's on them. It's the middle class that made them successful...Disney cannot continue to be a strong company without them.

Pepper's Ghost

SOP with Disney nowadays seems to be, "Can the ride vehicles move safely through the attraction? If so, it's good enough to be open." As for anything else, we're lucky if the main AA is working (hah.)

Things will only change if guests stop filling the parks, though at that point, that will be the excuse for more things being run down and the penny-pinching will just get worse. But the reality is that if Disney is going to run the parks like cheaper state amusement parks with smaller budgets, then people are going to slowly but surely vote with their wallets. They want to price out us plebians, anyway. But the joke's on them. It's the middle class that made them successful...Disney cannot continue to be a strong company without them.
That right there...
thats-it-that-right-there.gif

Mark Dunne

Such a shame, as this with the quick speed pass looks very impressive, I’m sure there going to look at using lighter materials in making a workable one, especially when they add a land at AK prob in the next 2-3 years , be like a red set for that part of the park . EE is by far the best coaster they have IMO, Tron maybe the new wanna ride experience, but EE when you see those broken tracks, is legendary

cjkeating

At this point, if they're not gonna fix the yeti then at least cast a dim light over it so you can see the thing.
Rode Everest for the first time since the pandemic this week and I feel like the strobe has a different pattern to before. Instead of it being a constant flash it does a few flashes with a split second pause before a few more flashes again. Maybe it has always been like this and I just don't remember back to 2019 but it seemed like an improvement over what I remember.

BlakeW39

Rode Everest for the first time since the pandemic this week and I feel like the strobe has a different pattern to before. Instead of it being a constant flash it does a few flashes with a split second pause before a few more flashes again. Maybe it has always been like this and I just don't remember back to 2019 but it seemed like an improvement over what I remember.

You can still barely see the yeti. Anytime I ride with someone else, I have to point it out for them or they'll miss it. It's pathetic that Disney has let this thing just sit for this long. Proof that leadership these days is as bad as it gets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom