Smoking ban at Disneyland and Disney World thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaklgreen

I believe this is less of a problem that people make it out to be on all these forums.
I like to drink, believe me I do. But I can go around the world twice and still be sober. I usually only go once due to the fact that it's alot of money.

For years I have been going for the F&WF and spend the majority of my time at Epcot. Yes, there are drunk people and some of them act like fools. But it is not to the level that people claim here. The worst thing about the weekend evenings is the groups of people that block the walkways. Yes they are drinking and can get loud, but their worst offense is congregating in the walkways making it hard to pass.

jaklgreen

Frankly, I wish they would ban alcohol too.

The smokers in their smoking areas did not bother me, although it seemed like one area was along the back path between Space Mountain and near kiddie area. Or at least that was where people made it.

The drinking can be an issue. People get really gross and sloppy at Epcot World Showcase.

I used the restroom in Germany area and it was horrible how drunk everyone was. There were kids in the area, as there should be & they do not need to be around that sort of behavior.
It bothered me. I am allergic to cigarette smoke and it causes me a number of physical issues, one of those being plugged up airways. The problem with smoking areas is that the smoke does not stay in that area. I envy those people who have a poor sense of smell because it is brutal to be the opposite. Those people will never understand how offensive smells are and how they physically affect those of us who do have a strong sense of smell. People being drunk does not cause my airway to plug up, but the cigarettes sure as heck do.

Budd

I'm gonna keep an eye out for these drunks now that I just got our APs.
You seem to not be taking this seriously, and undermining the severity of what's going on at the parks these days.

Try to imagine yourself in the Food and Wine festival. You get your first look at a drunk as you enter a clearing.
He moves like a sober person, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like an extremely inebriated, he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not an Epcot drunk. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two drunkards you didn't even know were there. Because Food and Wine attendees are pack drinkers, you see, they use coordinated drinking patterns and are out in force these days.

The point is... you are alive when they start to incoherently taunt you. So you know... try to show a little respect.

Bpmorley

You seem to not be taking this seriously, and undermining the severity of what's going on at the parks these days.

Try to imagine yourself in the Food and Wine festival. You get your first look at a drunk as you enter a clearing.
He moves like a sober person, lightly, bobbing his head. And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like an extremely inebriated, he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not an Epcot drunk. You stare at him, and he just stares right back. And that's when the attack comes. Not from the front, but from the side, from the other two drunkards you didn't even know were there. Because Food and Wine attendees are pack drinkers, you see, they use coordinated drinking patterns and are out in force these days.

The point is... you are alive when they start to incoherently taunt you. So you know... try to show a little respect.
I take nothing seriously.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I saw (but mostly heard) a brigade of tipsy Woo! girls once at Epcot, but that's about the worst of it.

But then again, I don't visit nearly as often as some on here.
Sounds like a rock band ... the Tipsy Woo! Girls...

G00fyDad

Could you two please go not care somewhere else, then? Your 'not caring' is stinking up the thread.
I haven't replied to him in a couple of days and I ended it then. Could you please maybe read the room? Or better yet, read all of the comments? But thanks for steering me clear that potential life of crime and hedonism Dad! You saved me! 🙄

G00fyDad

You're welcome.
No no no no. YOU’RE welcome.

What am I doing? I’m arguing with another toddler. Bye!
Leaving Au Revoir GIF by RATP

Bpmorley

I haven't replied to him in a couple of days and I ended it then. Could you please maybe read the room? Or better yet, read all of the comments? But thanks for steering me clear that potential life of crime and hedonism Dad! You saved me! 🙄
Nor have i

Ayla

I don't usually worry about money. What I meant was that I get tired of the $8-10 and higher drinks. I can afford them, but its a waste. Found this great little Irish bar about 2 miles from the east gate. 24oz beers for $3.23. One trip me and DW polished off 12 cases in 10 days at BWV. Thank God we got that all off property. 240 beers @ minimum $6/beer $1440in Disney prices. $300 in real life.
Two people drank 12 cases of beer in 10 days?! That isn't the brag you seem to think it is.

Heppenheimer

I take it you've never been to the Oktoberfest, then. Believe me, it's a real thing there, too.
That's why I preferred the many regional fests in Germany over Oktoberfest. Too many frat-boy types at Munich's Oktoberfest who think the only reason it exists is to get roaring drunk.

Had a lot more fun at Mannheim's Maimarkt, Bad Dürkheim's Wurstmarkt, Stuttgart's Cannstatter Volksfest, Regensburg's Burgerfest, Hessentag wherever it's being held, and Nürnberg's Volksfest.

Bpmorley

That's why I preferred the many regional fests in Germany over Oktoberfest. Too many frat-boy types at Munich's Oktoberfest who think the only reason it exists is to get roaring drunk.

Had a lot more fun at Mannheim's Maimarkt, Bad Dürkheim's Wurstmarkt, Stuttgart's Cannstatter Volksfest, Regensburg's Burgerfest, Hessentag wherever it's being held, and Nürnberg's Volksfest.
I agree with you on October fest. Although I'm lucky, I have friends that live over there. So we are usually in those more private sections of the beer tents. Have you tried spring beer fest? Its like October fest but maybe a quarter the size and crowd.

Po'Rich

So, the Epcot drunks are like zombies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom