Smoking ban at Disneyland and Disney World thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Dot

We were in line to meet Duffy bear many years ago & two grown men behind us were drunk & making obnoxious comments. My daughter & her friend were probably pre-teens at the time. That is where I draw the line. This was broad daylight. Probably tequila related, bc as I recall the little gazebo Duffy was in, was not far from Mexico pavilion.

And it does not seem right that we should have to exit the park after a certain time of day.

Mr. Disney himself drank, but he respected that there was an appropriate time & place for it. He designed the parks to be a place parents & kids could enjoy together.

Maybe Disney could create more spaces just for adults & let those be the places that serve alcohol. Thereā€™s an idea.
I believe Walt's father had a drinking problem and took out his frustration on never finding success on Walt and his siblings. I read an article on Abigail Disney who claims her father Roy E disney was an alchoholic, but, her interview was really a hatchet job on all the Disney men from Elias to her own father.
However, Walt liked the occasional drink, but, probably because of his father's issues with it Walt didn't drink to excess and that was the reason he didn't want alcohol in his parks having seen what it does to people and unfortunately it appears he was right.

Bpmorley

Ever been to Epcot Food and Wine on a Fri Sat night?
Yes, many times. Im not saying they aren't there. Im just saying nobody is seeing them as much as they say on here. Not a stab at anyone that has seen 1 or 2. Not sure if it was this thread, on 1 from previous years or even a different forum, but people claiming they see hundreds of drunks wandering around world showcase is an absolute exaggeration..

Vegas Disney Fan

Not only is Disney NOT getting rid of alcohol they are adding more of it. I was pleasantly surprised I could get a beer with lunch at Liberty Tree last trip, I didnā€™t think you could get alcohol at MK other than at club 33.

I always chuckle that I drink more at Disney than I do in Vegas, vacation is for unwinding and itā€™s nice to be able to enjoy a cocktail by the pool or cocktail with dinner. We tried the boozy beignets at French Quarter one night also, that was probably the most tipsy we got our whole trip.

Bpmorley

Not only is Disney NOT getting rid of alcohol they are adding more of it. I was pleasantly surprised I could get a beer with lunch at Liberty Tree last trip, I didnā€™t think you could get alcohol at MK other than at club 33.
Be our guest sold alcohol from the time they opened. Personally, except for a trip around the world I don't buy drinks in Disney. Way too expensive for the amount I drink. Knock on wood that we earn $1500/year with the Disney credit card. And I've found some great places just outside the bubble to drink

Vegas Disney Fan

Be our guest sold alcohol from the time they opened. Personally, except for a trip around the world I don't buy drinks in Disney. Way too expensive for the amount I drink. Knock on wood that we earn $1500/year with the Disney credit card. And I've found some great places just outside the bubble to drink

Budget doesnā€™t exist on vacation šŸ˜‰, Iā€™m a light weight so even on days I drink ā€œa lotā€ itā€™s 3-4 drinks max. I tried drinking around the world once and didnā€™t even make it halfway before I was heading back to the room for a nap.

Bpmorley

Budget doesnā€™t exist on vacation šŸ˜‰, Iā€™m a light weight so even on days I drink ā€œa lotā€ itā€™s 3-4 drinks max. I tried drinking around the world once and didnā€™t even make it halfway before I was heading back to the room for a nap.
I don't usually worry about money. What I meant was that I get tired of the $8-10 and higher drinks. I can afford them, but its a waste. Found this great little Irish bar about 2 miles from the east gate. 24oz beers for $3.23. One trip me and DW polished off 12 cases in 10 days at BWV. Thank God we got that all off property. 240 beers @ minimum $6/beer $1440in Disney prices. $300 in real life.

G00fyDad

Woo-hoo, got a 36 hour shift this tom foolery can entertain me
I just got through with a 5-hour stint watching my two-year-old grandson. I've had about enough of this from toddlers but I can't put him on ignore. šŸ˜‰ Thankfully, I have a very easy way of making your stupidity go away. Wanna watch? 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ......
Tv Show Reaction GIF by The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom