Smoking ban at Disneyland and Disney World thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev1982

Smoking is disgusting and should have no place in the parks.
If it would be out of the way i dont see the harm. Much wurse for people to have to leave your family for about 15 mins to get to the exit of the park. The actual smoke probabely takes 3 minutes. I have a big problem with drinkers. Drinking alcohol should absolutely be out of the parks. But here we are.

Chi84

Premium Member
If it would be out of the way i dont see the harm. Much wurse for people to have to leave your family for about 15 mins to get to the exit of the park. The actual smoke probabely takes 3 minutes. I have a big problem with drinkers. Drinking alcohol should absolutely be out of the parks. But here we are.
That's strange. We've been visiting just about every year since 1984, well over 50 visits, and we've never had a problem with drinkers. Can I ask what happened that caused the big problem?

Lilofan

The items I noticed with drinkers? we had was when we were leaving Epcot for the evening and headed to 535 to I-4 were car(s) off to the side of the road crashed into the trees on several occasions.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
That's strange. We've been visiting just about every year since 1984, well over 50 visits, and we've never had a problem with drinkers. Can I ask what happened that caused the big problem?
Drunk in charge of an ecv is the worst I have seen. Watching them trying to get on the monorail was more embarrassing than amusing.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Are you sure they were drunk? Sounds like standard behavior these days.
They were definitely drunk—could smell it on them. This was also back in 2018 before things really started down the pandemic/post pandemic era of guests behaving badly. We’ve definitely seen some people in Epcot who were a bit on the tipsy side during F&W but we’ve really only had the one episode that I mentioned in line.

Chef Mickey

I think alcohol should be out of the parks as well, except in select situations/restaurants.

I'd vote for hard liquor only at hotels (with some kind of enforced limit linked to park ticket) and select countries in EPCOT with the same control.

I'm all for drinking and even legalized drugs, but they are not great for a family place like Disney. I've seen enough to know what I'm talking about too. It's not conjecture.

Smoking in general is disgusting and has too much impact on others, directly and instantly if any proximity. Drinking can be somewhat controlled but also has similar problems.

Chi84

Premium Member
Maybe restaurants had wine, but the hard liquor wasn't a thing if I recall.
I’ll see if I can look it up. I seem to remember all the parks except MK selling alcohol as soon as they opened. Maybe it was limited to restaurants but I doubt it would have been only beer and wine. I know the bars like the Dawa bar in AK had liquor. Maybe it was less noticeable because fewer people acted like cretins in those days.

Last edited:

MagicRat

I knew this would be the logical leap immediately after reading the thread on the discussion lists.

How can you compare a cigarette that actually causes health problems by people who walk by the carcinogen and alcohol that is consumed? Sure you can go to the next step and say drunk driving and incoherent people in lines which has since followed your post. Well then I can point out people driving while looking at their phones, doing their hair or even eating. I also can point out plain rude self indulgent people in lines who misbehave without any type of alcohol in their system.

The two substances are not comparable, the only thing I can agree to is that their is a middle group who both use them poorly and together.

Kev1982

I think alcohol should be out of the parks as well, except in select situations/restaurants.

I'd vote for hard liquor only at hotels (with some kind of enforced limit linked to park ticket) and select countries in EPCOT with the same control.

I'm all for drinking and even legalized drugs, but they are not great for a family place like Disney. I've seen enough to know what I'm talking about too. It's not conjecture.

Smoking in general is disgusting and has too much impact on others, directly and instantly if any proximity. Drinking can be somewhat controlled but also has similar problems.
I am a smoker. Huge disney fan. But the completely out of the gates is a problem for me. In no way should kids see it. I never smoke in sight. Always kind of hide myself, as i do not think its an example for kids or anyone. I have seen what alcohol can do. It should also be completely out of sight. Not controlled not at meals. Just 0.0. Smoking in my opinion is way easier hidden from the public. They can easily dig out a little grotto in all the swamps surrounding the attractions. Out of sight, out of people s noses. Tokyo has indoor smoking rooms and tell you what, you really have to look for them. Doesn’t bother anyone.

Kev1982

I knew this would be the logical leap immediately after reading the thread on the discussion lists.

How can you compare a cigarette that actually causes health problems by people who walk by the carcinogen and alcohol that is consumed? Sure you can go to the next step and say drunk driving and incoherent people in lines which has since followed your post. Well then I can point out people driving while looking at their phones, doing their hair or even eating. I also can point out plain rude self indulgent people in lines who misbehave without any type of alcohol in their system.

The two substances are not comparable, the only thing I can agree to is that their is a middle group who both use them poorly and together.
If you ve seen what alcohol can do the way i have…

Lilofan

They were definitely drunk—could smell it on them. This was also back in 2018 before things really started down the pandemic/post pandemic era of guests behaving badly. We’ve definitely seen some people in Epcot who were a bit on the tipsy side during F&W but we’ve really only had the one episode that I mentioned in line.
There are some You Tube videos showing drunks climbing the Mexico pyramid at Epcot. Now gates are installed to hopefully prevent this stupidity. Cigarettes were sold for many years at WDW, custodial cast kept sweeping the butts off the ground but chewing gum is not sold .

MagicRat

If you ve seen what alcohol can do the way i have…
I am sorry for what you have seen from someone with an alcohol problem (that is horrible) but you are plucking one issue from another and making an extreme.

I do not know anyone who doesn’t smoke who will go on vacation and decide I am enjoying myself it’s time to relax and open a pack of cigarettes. I do know people who can responsibly have a margarita while in the Mexico part of Epcot Center who do not drink at home. The drink in the park will not push a carcinogen in the other people enjoying the park.

Sure again you can point out an alcoholic or the same vacationer who overindulged because they do not know their limits but one product actively pollutes the air one breathes and smells while the other does not. Now someone will point out what if someone drinks too much and vomits and I will point out or ask what percentage is the vomiting per drinker and what is the percentage of cigarette smell plus harmful to others. One is 100% and the other is not.

JIMINYCR

There are some You Tube videos showing drunks climbing the Mexico pyramid at Epcot. Now gates are installed to hopefully prevent this stupidity. Cigarettes were sold for many years at WDW, custodial cast kept sweeping the butts off the ground but chewing gum is not sold .
Ohhhh noooo. Dont go there. My posts surrounding this very thing on a 2023 topic were flamed. Some well known members dispute drunks at EP and claim NEVER seeing drunks in the park.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Alec Baldwin Drink GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom