News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

aladdin2007

I mean, none of these dining or dessert packages is "worth it" from a food/drink standpoint. You're really paying for the convenience of a relatively stress free and uncrowded fireworks view, and I can understand how there is perceived value in that.

Rose and Crown will have a pretty lousy view for Harm because you won't be able to see the Stargate screen. Spice Road might be better for viewing the Stargate, but I think the islands obstruct the overall view, plus you miss out on most of the pavilion effects.
this.. I dont know about spice road, but the food and menu at rose & crown anymore is pretty bad. It use to be great. Their fish and chips is a joke, you get a few cold undercooked french fries and a piece of bland fish.....they have been scrapping the bottom of the pots here awhile now as if they are rationing during world war 2. They cut bread service, you just get a barren wood wobbly table, and thats it. They have removed everything. its gone way downhill. It use to be really nice.

TTA94

Wonder what Harms runtime will be?

Please please let the soundtrack be amazing with a good flow, story and not a mishmash train wreck.

SplashJacket

16 days to go.....

And what is up with a 'red' and then 'green' Spaceship Earth?
Testing a new light pattern for the Xmas season...?

-
Undoubtedly just color testing.

Most multicolored lights such as a computer display or a spotlight have a bunch of Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) lights that combine to make a variety of colors.

By making a solid red image, they’re isolating the red bulbs, making it possible to test whether any are too dim or out. It may be hard to notice when mixing color, but an issue with a red bulb would be easiest to spot when it’s solely red.

They’re probably just ensuring that all the individual color channels are functioning as intended before they buildup to more complex sequences.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Being an old school EPCOT Center person, I’ve come to accept the reality of the new direction of the park. Yeah, GotG doesn’t belong in EPCOT, but I guess it’s fine for Epcot. Sure, the GotG gravity building is big, but you really can’t see it from most places in the park. I’ve tried to keep an open mind about the Harmonious barges. I figured pictures over-accentuated their size.

I was wrong. They look even worse in person. These things are ridiculously in-your-face big.

I didn’t think it was possible for Disney to completely screw up something this badly. They’ve taken one of the best views in WDW and transformed it into one of the worst. Unbelievable.
I think you will find yourself in a minority. Those who go to WDW and think of “looking at cool stuff” as a big part of their vacation are few and far between. :lookaroun

Movielover

Undoubtedly just color testing.

Most multicolored lights such as a computer display or a spotlight have a bunch of Red, Green, and Blue (RGB) lights that combine to make a variety of colors.

By making a solid red image, they’re isolating the red bulbs, making it possible to test whether any are too dim or out. It may be hard to notice when mixing color, but an issue with a red bulb would be easiest to spot when it’s solely red.

They’re probably just ensuring that all the individual color channels are functioning as intended before they buildup to more complex sequences.
That's the problem when they have to do these kind of test in public view. People jump onto every basic tech procedure and test as if it's part of the show.

I'm reminded one time when I was designing sound for a local show where I live. I had just powered on the system for the first time and proceeded with a connection test using the sound board's oscillator which sends white noise through every output. It allows me to make sure all of my speakers and monitors are connected and functioning properly. But white noise is just static and sounds awful and as soon as my test began the music director was over my shoulder losing his s*#t about how the speakers must be broken and that I had no idea what I was doing. He then proceeded to call the production manager to have me fired. Needless to say after a very short and calm discussion with the production manager to explain what I was doing it was all sorted out, but really goes to show that people who have no idea about tech proceedings proceed to freak out when it comes to stuff they have no knowledge about.

note2001

I'm in a place today where I need something good to look forward to and I thought this little peek would be good news.

Wrong. It's left me feeling awful. In particular it seems those giant screens are the problem. They're awkward shapes for some scenes they're depicting and look like they're taking away more than adding to the show.

Holding out hope that these are just a few of the worst scenes they've selected to be released.

Still hunting for some awesome news. :(

JohnD

Those extendable arms just bug me. Maybe they'll make more sense in the show, but how could they relate to the 'story' they're trying to tell? If the only reason something is included is 'it looks cool,' then it better be so stunningly cool--and the arms just aren't.

I guess we'll just have to see it. I'll be in MK the evening of 10/1 so need to resist the urge to come here and watch a video of it. I'll be in Epcot on 10/2.

dreday3

I'm looking forward to watching it in October. Love that we are able to see a brand new show.
We were there the year Illuminations started and now we will be there for this!

markham

“you want to make sure you’re doing justice to that culture.”

Sooooo, to best represent the cultures of the world, we’re playing a bunch of songs written by Americans. One of which had to have an offensive lyric after release. (Arabian Nights) The hubris of this creative direction is really appalling. THIS to me is the reason Disney IP is not a good fit for a show like this.

it’s almost like they’re saying, “the world has so much more in common than we have that divides us. Such as our love of Disney.”

ifan

“you want to make sure you’re doing justice to that culture.”

Sooooo, to best represent the cultures of the world, we’re playing a bunch of songs written by Americans. One of which had to have an offensive lyric after release. (Arabian Nights) The hubris of this creative direction is really appalling. THIS to me is the reason Disney IP is not a good fit for a show like this.

it’s almost like they’re saying, “the world has so much more in common than we have that divides us. Such as our love of Disney.”
I understand what you're saying, I really do, but I'd like to point out that some of the best Christmas songs were written by Jews. Not everything has to be done by the original group of people to become special or authentic.

I think this show will have high guest sat - I just wish the barges went away during the daytime like everyone else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom