News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maybe this is the look the team were going for. Will everything look better in person with the naked eye? Hopefully. But I'm worried it's just going to look like a mess of bright spotlights and dim fountains going in random directions, because that's kinda how it looks in the videos and pictures.
Well, the tacos don’t look better in person…

I dig it too. I’m trying to embrace the new Epcot (doing otherwise is futile) and this looks like something my family will enjoy. I just wish it didn’t look so awful when the sun is out.
I just can’t forgive the all-day-every-day-daytime eyesore for whatever the length of time Harm is. Show matters, or at least it used to.

ToTBellHop

How is that any different than the brightness changes of the current set-up with bright floods in the fountains, bursts of fire, the image on the globe and all sorts of fireworks?

It isn’t
The growing obsession with one-upping another person’s negativity are reaching new levels around these parts. They are giving us the content promised. The Stargate and tacos look the same as they did many months ago. All that has changed is we are seeing show visuals, which I think seem pretty fantastic.

Thankfully, it’s always festival time at Epcot. I’ll drink wine all day so I don’t notice the Lagoon clutter.

Can‘t see the tacos from La Place de Remy!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The growing obsession with one-upping another person’s negativity are reaching new levels around these parts.
1631893792112.gif

😂

Vinnie Mac

I dig it too. I’m trying to embrace the new Epcot (doing otherwise is futile) and this looks like something my family will enjoy. I just wish it didn’t look so awful when the sun is out.

I'm not usually super optimistic but I feel very confident in Epcot's future moving forward. I know IP being in Epcot is controversial and I understand why it is. But all I can say about the new Epcot is give it time. Give it time to create memories, give it time to grow on you (eventually it will for most).

As far as the HarmonioUS soundtrack, I really enjoyed what I was hearing in that behind the scenes video. Idk the name of it but the snippet of that track around the 1:09 minute mark sounded REALLY good (it's already gotten stuck in my head lol).

I was also concerned that the sheer size of the barges would make the fireworks feel small but the pyro still feels big and impactful likes Illuminations pyro did.

I have a lot of faith in this show and I can't wait to see it!

ToTBellHop

I'm not usually super optimistic but I feel very confident in Epcot's future moving forward. I know IP being in Epcot is controversial and I understand why it is. But all I can say about the new Epcot is give it time. Give it time to create memories, give it time to grow on you (eventually it will for most).

As far as the HarmonioUS soundtrack, I really enjoyed what I was hearing in that behind the scenes video. Idk the name of it but the snippet of that track around the 1:09 minute mark sounded really good (it's already gotten stuck in my head lol).

I was also concerned that the sheer size of the barges would make the fireworks feel small but the pyro still feels big and impactful likes Illuminations pyro did.

I love classic Epcot. But if Epcot is going a certain direction, I just want to see it done well.

I adored Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout in spite of myself. I wanted to hate it. Simply impossible.

So I can mourn 80s and 90s Epcot while also realizing Cosmic Rewind will be a blast. At the end of the day, everything at WDW is fake. Mission: Space is the most “Epcot” thing we’ve gotten in decades and it is still extremely unrealistic.

I want to be wowed and have fun in the parks. Harmonious looks to do both. This is my issue with Smuggler’s Run: the actual ride doesn’t wow me and isn’t fun enough.

Vinnie Mac

I love classic Epcot. But if Epcot is going a certain direction, I just want to see it done well.

I adored Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout in spite of myself. I wanted to hate it. Simply impossible.

So I can mourn 80s and 90s Epcot while also realizing Cosmic Rewind will be a blast. At the end of the day, everything at WDW is fake. Mission: Space is the most “Epcot” thing we’ve gotten in decades and it is still extremely unrealistic.

I want to be wowed and have fun in the parks. Harmonious looks to do both. This is my issue with Smuggler’s Run: the actual ride doesn’t wow me and isn’t fun enough.
Yeah. A lot of newer changes or additions that I was at first skeptical about turned out to surpass or meet my expectations and made me happy. That's part of the reason why I feel confident about Epcot 2.0 and HarmonioUS.

HarmonioUS will definitely be an amazing show. That's never been a doubt in my mind to be honest. This will be Epcot's flagship show for the foreseeable future as was Illuminations and I'm sure the imagineers behind this show understands this. I'm just hoping it's worthy of Epcot and worthy of succeeding I:ROE. You know?

We can always remember old Epcot while having a blast with new Epcot. I think the only way new Epcot will succeed is if we allow it to. Same thing with Harm. It won't be able to surpass illuminations if we don't allow it to. And that goes for new attractions to. It's a community effort

Incomudro

As far as the HarmonioUS soundtrack, I really enjoyed what I was hearing in that behind the scenes video. Idk the name of it but the snippet of that track around the 1:09 minute mark sounded REALLY good (it's already gotten stuck in my head lol).

I can be counted as one who embraces future Epcot.
I loved classic Epcot, it was my favorite park at the time.
But given it was left to age out and become dated and irrelevant, I'm really looking forward to the new direction.
However...
One direction I do not like is huge ugly eyesores cluttering up the lagoon all day, even if they bring a spectacular show at night.
It better be spectacular.
There are massive amounts of monstrous equipment parked out there all day, every day.

Vinnie Mac

I can be counted as one who embraces future Epcot.
I loved classic Epcot, it was my favorite park at the time.
But given it was left to age out and become dated and irrelevant, I'm really looking forward to the new direction.
However...
One direction I do not like is huge ugly eyesores cluttering up the lagoon all day, even if they bring a spectacular show at night.
It better be spectacular.
There are massive amounts of monstrous equipment parked out there all day, every day.
I agree with you. It being out in the daytime is something I'm not fond of either. That's really the only main issue I have with HarmonioUS (well, besides certain viewpoint being at a disadvantage but that I can live with).

If Disney would find it in them to just move the barges out only before showtime I'd love the show even more. If Disney gets rid of that water show they were planning on doing, it could be a step in the right direction toward getting them out of the lagoon.

rob_b

I am so nervous about this show. Based on what I have seen so far. So heavy on over saturated IP. Will see it in November, will avoid anymore spoilers. Hope I am surprised.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
HarmonioUS will definitely be an amazing show.
It's not HarmonioUS anymore, just Harmonious, or HARMONIOUS.

Unless you're one of the cool kids that still boasts how you still call Disney Hollywood Studios "MGM" (which wasn't it's full name to begin with), then you can still use HarmonioUS.

;)

mightynine

It's not HarmonioUS anymore, just Harmonious, or HARMONIOUS.

Unless you're one of the cool kids that still boasts how you still call Disney Hollywood Studios "MGM" (which wasn't it's full name to begin with), then you can still use HarmonioUS.

;)
What if you’re like me and call it MGM out of a habit I’ve yet been able to break?

Though I’ve gotten better at just calling it Studios.

Let's be unpopular together! I'm excited for it too and I like the way the images look on the screens so far. Even the music sounds gorgeous (oh my gosh, the Coco part). :D
Yes! The music sounded amazing and I LOVE they have folks native to those countries and cultures doing the music and signing. One could say it’s harmonious

Giss Neric

I am so nervous about this show. Based on what I have seen so far. So heavy on over saturated IP. Will see it in November, will avoid anymore spoilers. Hope I am surprised.
Good luck avoiding spoilers unless you don't have any social media accounts. I have accepted that I will have to watch it on it's debut from YouTube even though we have a planned trip in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom