Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

RSoxNo1

How many Ks is that?
DVD Quality is less than broadcast cable HD. It's effectively 1/24th the quality of 4K. That doesn't mean the human eye is going to be able to interpret that big of a difference, but this visual is a good guide.

resolution-4k-ultra-hd-size.png

aladdin2007

To think what they could have done with Imagination instead of wasting millions of dollars on destroying/ripping down the spine of the park...just sickens me. Anymore it feels like its on purpose the neglect of the attraction, they know everyone is complaining so they figure why even bother or give satisfaction. 20 years now! Is it a complete joke behind internal walls of corp?

aladdin2007

You think maybe the reason why it hasn't been shown any love is because Iger and Chapek just don't really care about Figment?
I dont think it falls on just them, TDO has a lot to do with it, except of course one of those two could have demanded something be done like Eisner did the first time and heads rolled. chapek probably doesn't even know it exists.

Homemade Imagineering

Iger's at least said publicly at D23 Expos that removing the original was a mistake, he just never did a damn thing to actually resolve the issue. Chapek definitely doesn't care though.
If I’m remember correctly, Iger said something along the lines of “yeah they ruined it the second time around, but now Figment is back!”

No Name

You think maybe the reason why it hasn't been shown any love is because Iger and Chapek just don't really care about Figment?
I don’t really expect them to care about any character, much less make decisions based on that personal feeling. But I certainly do expect them to recognize the business potential.

James Alucobond

Thankfully he cheaped out long enough that Inside Out is out into long term memory. I'll take this crappy version of Figment for another 5 years if it means we get to keep him long term. Better of course if we get the Dreamfinder back
They should put both in the pavilion. Replace the Pixar short film festival with an Inside Out theater experience, revamp Journey, and revive one of the Wonders theaters for Pixar as a complement to PLAY!

pdude81

They should put both in the pavilion. Replace the Pixar short film festival with an Inside Out theater experience, revamp Journey, and revive one of the Wonders theaters for Pixar as a complement to PLAY!
I really enjoy the short film series they have there now, but I'd be open to that changing in any way. If they redo Imagination properly I'd love for them to have a face character Dreamfinder with animatronic figment puppet as a meet and greet where the Chase photo spot is. I hate having random meet and greets in the graveyard of the downgraded Dreamworks.

DreamfinderGuy

I have been saying for years that Magic Eye would be the perfect place for Inside Out to coexist with Dreamfinder and Figment. I’m not sure if such a thing is even possible with the infrastructure given, but a theatre show with some AAs sprinkled in (a la MuppetVision) would be amazing. Imagine all the emotions at their control board about where the penguins are in MuppetVision. Even if such a thing can’t happen, a regular old film would be leagues better than what’s there now.

James Alucobond

I have been saying for years that Magic Eye would be the perfect place for Inside Out to coexist with Dreamfinder and Figment. I’m not sure if such a thing is even possible with the infrastructure given, but a theatre show with some AAs sprinkled in (a la MuppetVision) would be amazing. Imagine all the emotions at their control board about where the penguins are in MuppetVision. Even if such a thing can’t happen, a regular old film would be leagues better than what’s there now.
I do love the Pixar shorts though, so I think it’s a good idea to relocate them to Wonders since that would give the proposed PLAY! a more multifunctional purpose with interactive exhibits, meet and greets, and a sit-down featurette. Would also allow them to preserve the film festival capacity while revamping Imagination if they take a phased approach.

Bocabear

I really hate the whole idea of a "Disney Shorts" theater show at EPCOT...or any park. It is the laziest possible thing...and after the continued price increases and lack of capacity for my money, I don't want to sit in a theater and see the shorts I already watch at home on Disney+
They need to just build some attractions already... Remy is a good start. Cancelling Mary Poppins, Coco and others are tragic. All of the money spent on demolishing Communicore would have been better spent in actual new attractions that would improve the guest experience...I am not paying over a hundred dollars a day plus the Genie assistant cost to watch a placeholder movie or walk through an empty football field length park... They are already about 15 years late on any sort of meaningful expansion to this park...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom