Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Inspired Figment

So I got a survey in relation to a visit to EPCOT today, and at one point it asked what attractions I experienced on my visit. I experienced JIIwF and 3 Cabs, and of the two it only asked for my overall experience with JIIwF.

So it looks like they're trying to gauge feelings for the attraction again.
It wouldn’t surprise me. In all honesty though, you’d think it’d be a no brainer from 15+ years of research that people think the updated Honey I Shrunk IP retheme of the ride itself sucks & NOT the Figment character and that most people simply want the far superior, original ride Figment initially came from back with enhanced spfx & tech along with adding the elements of the ride initially planned but cut when built due to budget constraints (the roller coaster-esque drops, the animated display in Performing Arts, the colors in the Art room and the rainbow myst effect there from Figment’s jar/pot being better, the Figments imagining themselves in different roles in the film finale being traditionally animated, etc.). (Think along the lines of how DL brought back Great Moments with Lincoln)

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

It’s just cruel to be throwing the dream mobile out there like that, lol…..

Attachments

• 98DF711D-104E-466F-AE97-6080089B2541.png
    98DF711D-104E-466F-AE97-6080089B2541.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 6EB58FB9-8CFB-4D5A-85E9-CBA2FCB16C77.png
    6EB58FB9-8CFB-4D5A-85E9-CBA2FCB16C77.png
    368.9 KB · Views: 111

Inspired Figment

It’s just cruel to be throwing the dream mobile out there like that, lol
Even though I know they’ve pulled this kind of stuff on merchandise before. I’m honestly thinking it isn’t a “cruel joke” this time around. Have you noticed some of the posts by Zach Riddley lately? Now granted, I don’t expect things to take shape right this minute or right away. But in time, hopefully by the next year or so, once Chapek gets the boot. Perhaps we’ll get the comeback we’ve wanted for all these years.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Even though I know they’ve pulled this kind of stuff on merchandise before. I’m honestly thinking it isn’t a “cruel joke” this time around. Have you noticed some of the posts by Zach Riddley lately? Now granted, I don’t expect things to take shape right this minute or right away. But in time, hopefully by the next year or so, once Chapek gets the boot. Perhaps we’ll get the comeback we’ve wanted for all these years.

The problem with the Iger/Chapek era is systemic. Getting rid of one or both doesn’t rid the company of their henchmen/lemmings. It would take a massive purge to get rid of the rot.

Inspired Figment

It's really odd. They could've put the X-2 rocket or the Soarin' glider instead. Either there were actual plans that should've been in motion by now or merchandising is doing their research.
I think it’s merchandise doing their research. They know Dreamfinder & Figment sell extremely well and that they’re a nostalgic, iconic part of the EPCOT & WDW experience. So it’s a bit if a no brainer they’d be on 50th merch as nostalgia has always been a huge part of the brand. At the same time though, you’d think the message would be made clear as to what folks want to see as a result of their investment in said merchandise. But again, ultimately it’s simply upper management not wanting to greenlight it due to their own personal biases, rather than really business sense oddly enough. Which even that doesn’t make sense as I know Iger has repeatedly tried to credit himself as the guy who helped “bring Figment back” (you can hear this in Tony’s Legends Awards ceremony.) But it’s like they genuinely think they fixed it in shoehorning Figment in and that it isn’t worth the investment to redo/restore the attraction to it’s former glory properly. It’s insane really. You’d think common sense would tell them that the better ride would sell more merch & get more attendance numbers & ticket sales. But yeah..

Last edited:

Inspired Figment

The problem with the Iger/Chapek era is systemic. Getting rid of one or both doesn’t rid the company of their henchmen/lemmings. It would take a massive purge to get rid of the rot.
True, though honestly I feel quite a bit of a purge has already happened via the pandemic & layoffs. Though true, it hasn’t quite hit the higher execs or board members yet to the extent perhaps we were expecting yet.. I know some other top execs have already become more disgruntled with some of Chapek’s decisions lately. As with everything else I’ve said, only time & circumstances will tell. But we can certainly hold onto our faith for the best in the meantime.

Haymarket2008

Oh I agree. It’s absolutely a major possibility, at the very least.

DoleWhipDrea

Visited Figment the other day and the ride is looking pretty rough. Every screen/projection is out of focus (and the ones that have repeat neighbors are all different color levels) and poor Figment's neck in the Sound Lab is battered up pretty significantly.

But at least the sound seems to be working everywhere...

RSoxNo1

Visited Figment the other day and the ride is looking pretty rough. Every screen/projection is out of focus (and the ones that have repeat neighbors are all different color levels) and poor Figment's neck in the Sound Lab is battered up pretty significantly.

But at least the sound seems to be working everywhere...
These are DVD quality screens. They're not good quality.

EPCOT-O.G.

I had this wild idea this morning that the attraction could be rethemed to Journey Into Imagineering, and it could be used to show how the imagination of the Imagineers melds with the actual engineering work that's done on WDW attractions. Figment (and Dreamfinder) could remain as the titular hosts. Its internally relevant, can showcase past (and near future) work, and gets to treat Walt Disney as a diety-like figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom