News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

ToTBellHop

You mean....times of year people dont have to work? Lol
The pirate to me shifted from blocking out big chunks (like summer with old silver) to blocking out alot of smaller chunks everywhere. I cant visit during the week often so for me disney was a weekend affair and theres alot of weekends blocked out on the pirate pass. Not even just holiday weekends but weekends during busy times of year period.
My wife and I are teachers. The Pirate pass makes me feel as valued as…everything else in society. I have no time to use the Pirate pass when I need to suffocate America’s children by reminding them to keep their noses and mouths covered so I don’t indirectly kill their vocal-on-Facebook anti-vaxx parents.

matt9112

My wife and I are teachers. The Pirate pass makes me feel as valued as…everything else in society. I have no time to use the Pirate pass when I need to suffocate America’s children by reminding them to keep their noses and mouths covered so I don’t indirectly kill their vocal-on-Facebook anti-vaxx parents.

Seems like for most people in most situations the entire program pushes you up a tier...if you want sort of what you used to have.

ToTBellHop

Theme police
-SkyLiner is trash in the summer. It goes down every day and physically strands people
-Even when it does work, getting to DHS is onerous
-you can stay at Beach Club or BoardWalk nearby, for fewer points, and walk to both parks
-counter service lacks variety in both entrees and desserts
-again, the easiest comparisons, Beach Club and BoardWalk, have better food
-Tower Suites. Ewww.

I would literally never pick Riviera over a Crescent Lake hotel.

jinx8402

-SkyLiner is trash in the summer. It goes down every day and physically strands people
-you can stay at Beach Club or BoardWalk nearby, for fewer points, and walk to both parks
-Tower Suites. Ewww.

I enjoyed the skyliner on our trip last week 🤷‍♂️

Never once came to a complete stop, but a few slow downs. One night it wasn't running due to weather. We were lucky the bus just pulled up as we got to the bus stop, so the bus may have been quicker by a minute or two. But if we had just missed the bus we would have been waiting 15-20 mins for the next one, and that is where the skyliner shines.

And what is onerous about it from Riviera/POP/AOA? That you need to get off and on again? It's really not difficult or time consuming at all. I would hardly call that onerous.

DisneyCane

Correct. Per Bricker, here are the summaries of the "lower" passes:

Gold > Sorcerer

Silver > Pirate

Weekday Select > Pixie Dust
I currently have Gold (good through June Next year). If I renew (which depends a lot on how the paid FP works out) I'll probably downgrade to the Pirate pass. I don't want to be anywhere near WDW on those holiday weekends anyway so the extra blackout days don't matter. Without photopass it would make it a little cheaper than my current Gold pass.

I can't believe (well, I can) that they took away the free photopass perk. It costs them essentially nothing to give it as a perk but I doubt a very high percentage of passholders will add it. I don't really need a photo of my 120th ride on Space Mountain.

PaulZ

I am hoping someone can answer this. Sorry if it’s obvious. The water parks and sports add on - are those subject to the same blackout dates as the new passes? Or do you have access to them all year long provided they are open?

RememberWhen

Update if you have an AP renewal certificate -

Can someone post the “more information” ? I can’t see anything somehow.
My family has not yet activated gold passes and my parents and sister have renewal certificates for gold passes. Are these going to automatically get changed?
22B1AD3B-1EDC-4085-AFC7-065673564C7E.jpeg
51382BAD-08D8-4E32-98DF-6609C5DDD235.jpeg

dizneycrazy09

I think of most of the people out in “Internetland” that regularly and vehemently voice disdain for any and all WDW decisions as an equivalent to people who don’t vote that have many opinions on political issues and love to share those opinions on Facebook.

The point that I’m trying to make is, we complain, but we continue to vote “yes” in support of these decisions with our money. In all honesty, what percentage won’t renew annual passes or get a first time AP? I’m sure the actuaries crunched the numbers, looked at the data, and realized that any non-renewals will be offset by the increases.

I am by no means defending the decisions as I think that the rate of price increase versus inflation for all things Disney with decreased quality is insane, but I’m one of the idiots that keeps voting “yes” with my money. I’m a new Florida resident. I’ve never had an AP before. You bet your bottom dollar that I’d be paying whatever they wanted to charge me (at least for the first time). I’ll complain about prices, lower quality, less entertainment, etc, but I’ll keep voting “yes” with how I spend my money. I wonder where my line in the sand is? I think that’s what Disney is trying to figure out as well. How far can we push these people and how much money can we take from them?

I’m realizing that I can voice displeasure, but I can’t really get mad about it. If I was that upset about any of these decisions or price increases, I’d stop giving them my money, which I haven’t done and don’t plan to do.

pdude81

-Tower Suites. Ewww.

Get out of here with your reasoned comparisons! I don't agree with everything in your assessment, but I get where you're coming from.

The Riviera thread is a flaming dumpster of complaints regarding lobby size, neighborhood, and google image searches heavily favoring the words Riviera and architecture. It's like people wanted to get an honorary troll doctorate for saying they should look different from other hotels while showing pictures of specific other hotels they should look like.

SamusAranX

Those are some pretty steep % more expensive.

Yep.

It made the decision for me. I am not poor, but I have to budget well either. Disney finally priced me out. I will go once in awhile now through my father's military ticket, maybe when a new attraction opens. And joke is on them, just because I visit once doesn't mean I am more likely to spend money in the park. I will still eat breakfast and dinner outside, and do quick service for lunch. Almost never buy merch either.

Jeff4272

Didn't you read Disney's press release Martin? They said all these new decisions were based on listening to Disney fans voiced displeasure............People wanted easier planning, so you got day of FP....people wanted more options for transportation from the airport, so they got rid of the long bus ride...............people wanted more options for APs, so they gave you more................And I would say this forum leads that category on complaining about FP+

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Didn't you read Disney's press release Martin? They said all these new decisions were based on listening to Disney fans voiced displeasure............People wanted easier planning, so you got day of FP....people wanted more options for transportation from the airport, so they got rid of the long bus ride...............people wanted more options for APs, so they gave you more................And I would say this forum leads that category on complaining about FP+
Nobody really cares about fastpass+…
It’s been two weeks…it’s gone…forgotten

just like a Disney Star Wars movie: highly forgettable

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom