News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it’s cute that some folks suggested that Genie+ might be included with APs. Disney would be dumb to do so and honestly would **** off all of us “regular” guests - APs already get discounted entry and are often able to go more regularly than most guests; giving them front of the line access on top of that seems horribly to the one in a lifetime or infrequent guest selling out thousands of dollars for their few days in the parks trying to do as much as possible.

If APs got some sort of Genie+ benefit included, I feel like they have to give resort guests it as well. And that would erode the entire point of charging extra.
That idea was stupid from day one…

it didn’t pass the smell, taste or wipe test

tecowdw

That’s exactly what I think they want

Park Pass, New APs, Genie+ is moving Disney how exactly they want to operate and honestly, probably in the direction it needs to go to reduce the crowds. hand on heart, it’s probably what we all want
Ouch. The truth hurts and I don't like the pain!
😳

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s exactly what I think they want

While AP holders do spend money, I bet that on a day to day basis, they maybe spend less than a family on a ‘lifetime’ trip

Bit like the after hours parties. With MNSSHP, it seemed like locals (and Vloggers) would go every year regardless for the same experience.

With Boo bash I bet it’s making people think 🤔 maybe we will do the Boo Bash for lower crowds but we will do it every other year or so.

Park Pass, New APs, Genie+ is moving Disney how exactly they want to operate and honestly, probably in the direction it needs to go to reduce the crowds. hand on heart, it’s probably what we all want
Don’t fall for that crowd control nonsense

…wait and see how they “reduce crowds”

NearTheEars

Man, just a few years ago my wife me I talked through whether or not it was worth it to renew after a price increase pushed our passes combined to nearly $1,000 for the year. We decided to try and save some money and downgraded from Gold to Silver at that time. We splurged this year and renewed back up to Gold for $1,200. And now if we are to renew next year at Sorcerer (I guess) we‘re looking at $1,500+. Yikes.

NearTheEars

I never get the mailed magnets but do get the emails. ;)
I NEVER get emails either. Except last year when they accidentally charged some pass holders twice or something. I wasn’t even one of them but I got that one. I’ve tried toe get it fixed, but they can never seem to help me. So we never even get a shot AP previews or anything.

homerdance

For me, the calculus isn't the cost of old APs v. new APs.

That's because I'm out of state and had been going to WDW several times a year. I only got an AP because it was cheaper than the cost of the day-tickets for those trips.

And the cost of day-tickets have gone up, just like for the AP.

So, both in the old calculus v. the new calculus; it is the same: Once I go to WDW for more than 12-14 days (depending if I get the AP renewal discount), then the AP is cheaper than buying the day-tickets.

This doesn't change anything for me, except that WDW is more expensive, no matter what ticketing scheme I use.
Same with us. The kick in the Jimmy is the genie crap.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ll need the industrial-sized tub of popcorn for when regular ticket prices, and food/bev and room rates, get Chapek’ed.

I have absolutely zero inside knowledge, but I’m calling it now - If you think the AP price hike is ugly, and it is, the outrage for those price hikes will dwarf this.

The Wall Street masters are calling, and Bob’s gotta answer the phone.

disneygeek90

Man, just a few years ago my wife me I talked through whether or not it was worth it to renew after a price increase pushed our passes combined to nearly $1,000 for the year. We decided to try and save some money and downgraded from Gold to Silver at that time. We splurged this year and renewed back up to Gold for $1,200. And now if we are to renew next year at Sorcerer (I guess) we‘re looking at $1,500+. Yikes.
I kinda think people are sleeping on the Pirate pass. Sure there’s more blackouts, but unless you typically visit during holidays and spring break, there’s lots of flexibility.

ParentsOf4

I’m honestly thinking that after my gold pass expires in January I'll try staying at SSR where I own most of my points and taking rideshare to Universal with an AP there. I feel it will be cheaper, and faster to the parks then Disney Buses. Use the DVC room but spend my vacation money elsewhere for awhile.
We've already cancelled nights from our upcoming WDW stays, rented out those DVC points, purchased Universal annual passes, and booked nights at the Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific, and Portofino Bay. Amazingly, the points we rented more than cover the cost of our Universal annual passes and 3 different stays at Universal's 3 Deluxe Resorts.

Here's a sample of September annual pass rates at Universal at their Deluxe Resorts:

1630367962267.png

Here's are some rates at WDW hotels for the same nights:

1630368170151.png

It seems crazy that you can get a room at a Universal Deluxe Resort for less than the price of a discounted Disney Moderate Resort.

No waking up in the morning to buy Genie+ or Individual Attraction Purchases, which add another $200 per day for a family for four. Instead, I get unlimited Express Pass all day long without having to go through the contortions Disney wants me to go through.

The Universal 2-park Preferred Pass is $449. Disney's Incredi-Pass is $1,299.

Disney must really believe the Pixie Dust is strong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me, the calculus isn't the cost of old APs v. new APs.

That's because I'm out of state and had been going to WDW several times a year. I only got an AP because it was cheaper than the cost of the day-tickets for those trips.

And the cost of day-tickets have gone up, just like for the AP.

So, both in the old calculus v. the new calculus; it is the same: Once I go to WDW for more than 12-14 days (depending if I get the AP renewal discount), then the AP is cheaper than buying the day-tickets.

This doesn't change anything for me, except that WDW is more expensive, no matter what ticketing scheme I use.
So don’t question authority, then?

Satans Hockey

My goodness, as a FL resident, Universal looks awful appealing with its $750 ($815 if you're not a FL resident) sticker price for it's 3-Park Premier Pass. It includes Universal Express after 4pm too, take that Genie. That comes out cheaper than the Sorcerer Pass ($899), but with way better benefits. Luckily, we have plenty of time to sleep on it.

Really shows how much we love Disney, as it should be a no brainer, economically speaking.

I love all the parks but since I'm not local I could never justify a Disney season pass but we have had a Universal season pass before and I definitely think it's worth the money even if it's something you don't keep every year.

I love the Disney parks but it's just so nice to not be on the phone all day and can just walk around and do whatever you want whenever you want.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They’re right until a downturn in attendance.

like earlier when someone on darvocet said there were “chef prepared” meals
In the club lounges🙄

it’s what they believe it to be

They are of better quality than you'd find on a hot roller at Wawa, but as to size and quality, they tend to be more of what an ADD Waffle House cook would crank out in a few minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom