News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

TikibirdLand

I have made my opinions on this matter very clear, however in the video they specifically state they are very advanced AA’s and not screens.

EDIT: As I have said many many times, since this is going to happen I guess we have to make the most of it. I really don’t want Splash to go though.
Seems that, every time I hear "advanced AA's", that's code for "you get ONE AA and you should be grateful!". Examples include NRJ and ROTR. I'd rather have 90's era AAs so they can afford to put in a lot of them. Even the AA frames in FEA should be more than suitable for something like this.

peter11435

Seems that, every time I hear "advanced AA's", that's code for "you get ONE AA and you should be grateful!". Examples include NRJ and ROTR. I'd rather have 90's era AAs so they can afford to put in a lot of them. Even the AA frames in FEA should be more than suitable for something like this.
While I understand the point you’re making… Rise has a lot more than 1 animatronic.

91JLovesDisney

Exactly. They used to crank out attractions with 30+ AAs, and while they certainly weren't as impressive as modern-day animatronics, at least they were freaking there

Last edited:

Ghost93

You know...... Most of us used to be excited when a new attraction was announced. Not so much anymore. Is that a reflection of us or TWDC?
I'm excited for the Princess and the Frog retheme.

I will say though, there wasn't much said in the video to get people hyped. They just spoke for 30 minutes on the power of representation, inclusivity, and feeling seen, etc. This is all well in good, but it doesn't really do much to showcase the more thrilling or storytelling aspects of Splash Mountain — the type of thing that makes one want to hop on the log in the first place. It very much felt like a PR move to prevent those who petitioned for the retheme from stirring up drama in the media. It's just a bland reminder that the retheme is still going to happen. Disney wants the news on the SPlash Mountain retheme to be positive. Disney doesn't want headlines to read: "Disney silent on Princess and the Frog attraction" or "Disney keeps up RACIST ride after promising change."

DCLcruiser

I would just like to quickly point out that the third piece of "concept art" released had some familiar critters in the background. Hopefully some of the Br'ers are sticking around.
Considering the Wedding and Riverboat scenes in Tiana look to be plucked from Splash, I feel like most of the AA will remain, just w/o the main Br'er characters. Then we will get new advanced AA to compliment the existing critters.

Stupido

I'm also super excited to see Charlotte and Eudora in the concept painting for the finale. Originally, this was billed as Tiana and Louis' adventure, so I'm super excited to see more characters from Tiana's world being added to this ride. I really think this attraction is going to be something special. Too many eyes are on this project, and way too many people are hoping it's going to fail.

Musical Mermaid

You know...... Most of us used to be excited when a new attraction was announced. Not so much anymore. Is that a reflection of us or TWDC?
The new ones stink. Smugglers Run? I don’t like interactive rides, the story is not interesting for me, and it’s a simulator so it makes me motion sick. Mickey and Minnie Train? Loud, chaotic, too many projections, and annoying characters. I miss The Great Movie Ride. Rise of the Resistance? You have to be lucky enough to ride and it breaks down a lot. I probably won’t be visiting the parks for too much longer though. When most of the reasons I went are gone, there’s not enough substance to make me return.

There is so much hate going on around this project and I don’t think I’m understanding why? It hasn’t even been built shouldn’t we give it a try? I’m excited! I love Splash and this one seems like a great upgrade to something without a racist history, good music, fun characters and still a great thrill ride. The concept art alone is enough to get me pumped for this glow up

Bleed0range

I love this ride, but I just went on it last week and the AA’s seem a bit out of whack and the audio inside is so hard to decipher what’s being said or what’s going on that I think the ride needs an update either way. I’m excited for the re-theme and I think a lot of the posts here naysaying AAs in new stuff like ROTR are way off base. WDI has been doing some cool stuff and maybe it’s just your nostalgia and cynicism making you doubt anything good could come from this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom