News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

JS514

Not sure how I feel about the "original songs and characters" they will be implementing. I love Princess and the Frog, it's characters, and it's music, so I was personally looking forward to getting to ride through the story while enjoying the songs and scenes we all know and love. Not sure how much I will connect with the ride if it is rewritten as an average 'direct-to-video' sequel.

But, enough moaning and groaning. I'll give anything a chance once. Lol

EPCOT-O.G.

You really think upper-middle class/rich people would be offended? A major point of the ride update is representation and inclusivity. Making people pay a premium to access this ride would not be in that spirit.

They could correct that by charging a premium, but then allowing free LL access to people of color.

Surferboy567

It’s kinda weird they didn’t mention anything about the actual log flume part of the ride. It is staying exactly the same in terms of the flume? The concept art makes it look that way. Really hope that is the case.

91JLovesDisney

I have made my opinions on this matter very clear, however in the video they specifically state they are very advanced AA’s and not screens.

EDIT: As I have said many many times, since this is going to happen I guess we have to make the most of it. I really don’t want Splash to go though.
Oh, my bad - I didn't watch the video.

I get what you're saying, making the most of it, and I'm sure this is petty of me, but I see no reason to make the most of it - if I do, it feels like Disney wins - not a single little tiny OUNCE of me wants this refurb to happen, not even a little bit. I will 100% bring headphones and listen to my Splash ride-thru mix while riding this.

DisneyDodo

I don’t expect this ride will contain a lot of screenz. We’ll probably see some firefly projections, but otherwise, I think it will be almost all physical. However, I’m guessing we will see a substantial decrease in the number of animatronics — they’ll be impressive in quality, but you’ll likely be swiveling your head slowly to follow them with your eyes as the flume moves forward, as there won’t be much else to look at until you hit the next “scene.”

Sir_Cliff

There's a story in today's New Orleans newspaper that winks, nods, and all but confirms intentions for food changes specifically for DL where it makes sense.

“I’ll also say this, especially at our Disneyland location, and especially in New Orleans Square, we have an opportunity to tell an extended story beyond the attraction, and I have a feeling Leah Chase’s family, and Stella and Dooky Chase’s — they might have a little role in that, but that’s all I can say now.” (Charita Carter quote)

Gumbo z'herbes for everyone! (not really for Disney, but try it Easter weekend if in New Orleans)
I was thinking watching the video (which I thought was sweet, if lacking in concrete details about the attraction) that it would make sense to have some kind of outpost of Dooky Chase's associated with the new attraction. They managed to get an outpost of the storied San Angel Inn from Mexico City for the Mexico pavilion at EPCOT, so why not Dooky Chase's for New Orleans Square or thereabouts?

Sadly, I am getting the hunch that, once again, far more thought is going into how to fold this in to DL than MK.

DisneyDodo

Well, I like that it's not just a rehash of the Princess and the Frog story.
I wish they would stick to rehashing the movie instead of trying to come up with a new story and shoehorning the movie’s songs, which were specifically written to fit the movie’s plot, into it. FEA’s plot makes no sense to me and I doubt a single person rides it because they like the new story. They ride it to see the characters and hear the songs they already know and love.

tanc

Another thing with Tokyo... thematically rethemeing the ride wouldn't work for critter country. It would destroy the whole point of it since the retheme has a New Orleans influence.

Sir_Cliff

I wish they would stick to rehashing the movie instead of trying to come up with a new story and shoehorning the movie’s songs, which were specifically written to fit the movie’s plot, into it. FEA’s plot makes no sense to me and I doubt a single person rides it because they like the new story. They ride it to see the characters and hear the songs they already know and love.
100% disagree. I'd prefer to see them try and do something new rather than just another book report. FEA is kind of a compromise in that it includes the main songs from the movie, and I suspect PatF will do something similar in incorporating songs and music from the film with (hopefully) a more interesting plot than FEA. Not perfect, but people get the characters and story they like without getting a worse version of a film they could just watch at home on Disney+.

rodserling27

The delusional self-importance of the people in the "revealing details" video is astounding. "Tiana's powerful story." "We want to honor her heritage." "Princess week!" blah blah blah.

People....it's a cartoon princess and a cartoon frog. Get over yourselves.

That being said, when is this thing actually happening? I couldn't stomach the whole video. Do we assume sometime AFTER the 50th celebration?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom