Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Rick and Morty's Universal Adventure

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
6A950B65-90FF-4D04-B8D2-A0D70B615284.jpeg

Took a break to get ice cream at this killer spot in Detroit.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
NEEDFUL THINGS - RETAIL

6081CA39-3E8B-452A-A04A-1FE544E71408.jpeg

Summer has taken over the antique shop formerly operated by Mr Needful. Now instead of selling cursed antiques, the shop sells a plethora of officially licensed Rick and Morty merchandise!

Here guests will find a wide array of shirts, hats and other apparel, as well as DVDs, coffee mugs, water bottles, figures, key chains, and other gifts for the Rick and Morty fan in their life.

This retail location takes over the space once occupied by the Kwik-E-Mart.

CURSE PURGE PLUS! - RETAIL

3068C7D7-9377-4CAC-BBF7-E69524C96954.jpeg

After discovering that Mr Needful was selling cursed items out of his antique store, Rick opened a shop directly across the street where he would then remove the curses from said items.

Now, with the curses gone, Rick has turned to selling his own collection of weird items at this fine retail establishment.

Here guests will find more high end Rick and Morty collectibles, some created especially for this retail space. Items for sale include Lego sets, replicas of some of Rick’s best and worst gadgets, deluxe action figures, animation cells (some of which are autographed), custom built dioramas of famous scenes from the show, and even a Rick and Morty video game published for Gameboy Advance because why not?!

This retail location takes over the space once occupied by Cletus’ Chicken Shack. (On a personal note, I really hate that they didn’t add an “s” after the apostrophe. There aren’t multiple people named Cletus who own a chicken shack. Grammar matters).

Last edited:

NateD1226

Ok, I started working on the presentation! There is very liitle in it, but I am adding everything we have so far right now. I know the layout might look a little basic, but each part of the project will have different colors and cool animations that I'm making that will make it feel fun and wacky once everyone submits their piece of work. I also have it on view only since we are in a public thread and I don't want anyone that's not on the team messing around with it. If you want me to edit something or help out, PM me and send you the edit link.

(link removed due to editing access)

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

So Rick seems to always steal the show. So in the Pre-Show, maybe he only shows up at the end. Maybe the preshow is the rest of the family talking as they wait to see what the new invention is. Like the Simpsons, we could do a farce safety video before guests go into their vehicles. For the queue, going away from the amusement park theme, we could have examples of Rick’s greatest (and maybe worst) inventions.
Maybe Rick could’ve taken that area of the park that was abandoned, and used it as a storage room and the guests ”accidentally” step on it?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Soooooooo based on everything I’m able to find, it seems as though the simulator ride doesn’t have an existing post show area to speak of. But the rest of the mini-land is very well developed so I totally understand why one wasn’t really needed.

So in lieu of that, I can help with some other areas of the project if any help is needed.

@Mickeynerd17 how is the sim ride write up coming along?
@Sharon&Susan any thoughts on what we discussed earlier regarding the over abundance of dining options?

DisneyFan18

Here’s my first draft for the exterior and the concept for the queue. Please let me know your thoughts.
EXTERIOR

The building is surrounded by artificial purple bushes and artificial trees with pink leaves. The building itself isn’t very colorful, it’s mostly a light grey building with golden accents and lapis blue windows. The facade is filled with stamps that say do not enter, however the word not has been crossed with a red crayon. And the signs that claim that the attraction was closed for being too dangerous has the word dangerous scratched and the word fun is written over it. Meanwhile, over the door there’s a sign that says “Rick’s Greatest Invention Ever!”.
QUEUE

My idea is that the first segment is like the queue for the abandoned attraction with posters (that have Rick’s face awkwardly pasted over them) and stuff and it looks a little deteriorated. Then you arrive to a trophy room that you walk through the exhibition of Rick’s greatest and worst inventions that @ThemeParkPriest mentioned. After that you walk through the “teleportation tunnel” that leads directly into the pre show. This is just like my basic idea, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it before working on the first draft. Like if you feel like another section could be added or if something is too much, etc…​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Here’s my first draft for the exterior and the concept for the queue. Please let me know your thoughts.
EXTERIOR

The building is surrounded by artificial purple bushes and artificial trees with pink leaves. The building itself isn’t very colorful, it’s mostly a light grey building with golden accents and lapis blue windows. The facade is filled with stamps that say do not enter, however the word not has been crossed with a red crayon. And the signs that claim that the attraction was closed for being too dangerous has the word dangerous scratched and the word fun is written over it. Meanwhile, over the door there’s a sign that says “Rick’s Greatest Invention Ever!”.
QUEUE

My idea is that the first segment is like the queue for the abandoned attraction with posters (that have Rick’s face awkwardly pasted over them) and stuff and it looks a little deteriorated. Then you arrive to a trophy room that you walk through the exhibition of Rick’s greatest and worst inventions that @ThemeParkPriest mentioned. After that you walk through the “teleportation tunnel” that leads directly into the pre show. This is just like my basic idea, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it before working on the first draft. Like if you feel like another section could be added or if something is too much, etc…​
Yes!!! All of this feels very fun!! I dig!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom