Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Rick and Morty's Universal Adventure

ThemeParkPriest

Oooh an Amazing Race themed Imagineering comp would be fun!
I didn’t name it but that’s what I was thinking of when I told some on the forum of a comp I was thinking about. Sort of like Sorcerer’s Apprentice’s stopover in the UAE, we could spend some time getting to know some of the other parks around the world! Perhaps it would be a 2-person per team based competition.

Edit: Geography isn’t my strength.

Last edited:

Outbound

I didn’t name it but that’s what I was thinking of when I told some on the forum of a comp I was thinking about. Sort of like Sorcerer’s Apprentice’s stopover in the UAE, we could spend some time getting to know some of the other parks around the world! Perhaps it would be a 2-person per team based competition.

Edit: Geography isn’t my strength.
We tried something similar with Sorcerer's Apprentice 6, only everywhere you traveled to was a Disney / Uni park. Going one step forward with parks around the world, like the Dubai stopover from SA7, would be a fantastic format for a competition!

ThemeParkPriest

I can take the exterior description and the queue. And help on any other written stuff if needed
Here is my personal picture of the map of Krustyland. Perhaps it can be an inspiration for the amusement park in the Whirly Dirly episode!

Attachments

• 6663E70B-BB9B-4A4E-9217-5765F2318F56.jpeg
    6663E70B-BB9B-4A4E-9217-5765F2318F56.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 32

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Could you kiddos who are handling the ride queue give me sort of a brief synopsis of what you’re going for as soon as you know? That way I can be sure to do something different in the post show area. Thx!!!

Btw, for the benefit of those unfamiliar or less familiar with Universal Orlando, here’s a size comparison using something most of us should be able to grasp easily.

Here is the Astro Orbiter/Peoplemover station in WDW Tomorrowland

45298585-E5F8-4F0D-9B19-13CF9CC8AEED.jpeg

Here is the Simpson’s area at the same scale.

0D16B9BD-A7DE-4219-838D-9FDADD51313A.jpeg

Outbound

Could you kiddos who are handling the ride queue give me sort of a brief synopsis of what you’re going for as soon as you know? That way I can be sure to do something different in the post show area. Thx!!!

Btw, for the benefit of those unfamiliar or less familiar with Universal Orlando, here’s a size comparison using something most of us should be able to grasp easily.

Here is the Astro Orbiter/Peoplemover station in WDW Tomorrowland

View attachment 575658

Here is the Simpson’s area at the same scale.

View attachment 575659
So what's up with Universal's trivially worse air quality?

ThemeParkPriest

I don’t know if DisneyFan knows the series well, but I’ll have to familiarize myself with the (1) the series and (2) the Orlando Simpsons attraction.

DisneyFan18

@ThemeParkPriest what are your ideas for the Pre-Show. I was thinking that a big part of the Queue could be through the queue of an abandoned attraction in the futuristic theme park. And for the pre show a portal opens and takes the guests to the Living Room where the pre show could be held (?) and the rest of the queue is through the house until guests reach the Garage, where I’m guessing the attraction will begin since there’s Rick’s Lab?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
@ThemeParkPriest what are your ideas for the Pre-Show. I was thinking that a big part of the Queue could be through the queue of an abandoned attraction in the futuristic theme park. And for the pre show a portal opens and takes the guests to the Living Room where the pre show could be held (?) and the rest of the queue is through the house until guests reach the Garage, where I’m guessing the attraction will begin since there’s Rick’s Lab?
I love this!!!! If you didn’t put the garage in the queue I was totally gonna put it in the post show! But this is absolutely the obvious and best choice for the queue!!

ThemeParkPriest

That sounds all pretty good! I think the Simpsons pre-show comes right before the ride, though. So maybe they pass through the portal in the queue and then the pre-show would be in the Living Room (or garage)? Simpsons has 4 characters at booths in the pre-show area, so you could have Rick, Morty, Summer, and then maybe the parents each on a different piece of furniture (or something similar).

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
That sounds all pretty good! I think the Simpsons pre-show comes right before the ride, though. So maybe they pass through the portal in the queue and then the pre-show would be in the Living Room (or garage)? Simpsons has 4 characters at booths in the pre-show area, so you could have Rick, Morty, Summer, and then maybe the parents each on a different piece of furniture (or something similar).
We could always expand the queue/preshow area a bit if we need to!

DisneyFan18

I love this!!!! If you didn’t put the garage in the queue I was totally gonna put it in the post show! But this is absolutely the obvious and best choice for the queue!!
Maybe you could still use the garage for the post show. The attraction begins there and leaves there?

Maybe to make it simpler we can just have the pre show in the garage then. And after that they walk into a new room that Rick created specifically to hold his newest invention (the attraction)?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Are there specific episodes to watch that would help people that haven't seen the show get a better feel of what we are working with?
I think we’re going for sort of an overall vibe so really a handful of episodes should give you the gist. If I’m wrong, someone please correct me.

@Mickeynerd17 you’re writing the entire story of the actual ride aren’t you?? Anything specific we should all know about??

Mickeynerd17

I think we’re going for sort of an overall vibe so really a handful of episodes should give you the gist. If I’m wrong, someone please correct me.

@Mickeynerd17 you’re writing the entire story of the actual ride aren’t you?? Anything specific we should all know about??
Yea! I've got a few ideas.

So, for the main storyline of the ride I really want to include elements from the previous two attractions along with new elements to make a unique experience while also paying homage to the park's history.

I was thinking of having the story begin as a showcase of portal technology by Rick to guests, but it goes awry and guests are taken to the Council of Ricks. After some dialogue, the ride goes on a mad chase through portals to different worlds seen in the show (which is where we can have a randomization aspect like Star Tours as Nate (I believe) mentioned). Eventually we'll have some climax I haven't come up with yet and guests will return to where they were.

How does this connect to the previous two attractions? BTTF was a showcase of the DeLorean time machine by a scientist with questionable reasoning, which connects directly with Rick (who obviously has questionable reasoning) showing off portal technology, and it goes wrong. Then, one of the worlds guests go to during the chase will be the amusement park ride from the episode I linked above, which is similar to Krustyland when that ride bounced around the wooden coaster at the beginning.

Overall, I think this will be a fun experience for standard guests building off the technology already in place from BTTF and Simpsons while adding more to the experience (the Star Tours choosing of worlds to visit) and leaving some connections to the park's past for those Universal fans!

Those are my ideas so far. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom