Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Rick and Morty's Universal Adventure

ThemeParkPriest

Agreed, great idea. One question: do we know how much space do we have for it?
Ok updated Pre-Show 1 room:

In the first Pre-Show area (the carnival booths of the Simpsons Ride), the guests line up into rows in the Smith Garage. There are two screens on their left—Beth (standing by the washer and dryer) and Jerry (sitting at the the work table)—and two on their right—Summer (standing outside the window) and Morty (standing by some shelves). Fans, clamps, beakers, a wash basin, and other laboratory items obstruct the guests from seeing anything but their heads and upper bodies. Mostly they are just looking around but occasionally the characters talk with each other. This is to allow the guests to have conversations with themselves even as they are getting more immersed in the setting of the attraction.

Attachments

• 9FF39AC1-C77B-4482-B6EC-8D2DB3F010C9.png
    9FF39AC1-C77B-4482-B6EC-8D2DB3F010C9.png
    1 MB · Views: 27

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Ok, I've been straining my brain writing this, and here's what I've come up with so far:

The vehicle doors shut, the lights dim, and guests are enveloped in complete darkness. For a brief moment, all is still. Then, Rick's voice is heard over the speakers:

Rick: "Alright, we're going to do a quick jump somewhere simple like another continent or *burp* something and come straight back."

Morty: "Really? Why not somewhere cool? You've been all over the universe! If your going to show people an advanced piece of technology that transports people, wouldn't you take them somewhere cool like an alien planet?"

Rick: "No, because it doesn't take much to impress people as you've continuously proven in the past Morty. Alright, the portal will be active *burp* rrrright about now."

The vehicles are rising during the previously mentioned dialogue into the main theater stopping at Rick's last sentence. Once he finishes, the classic green portal forms in front of guests, and the vehicles lurch forward. The destination turns out to be the council chamber at The Citadel of Ricks. Rick starts low-key freaking out while the council begins what seems to be a monologue about their evil plan before being cut off by Rick, who tells guests he's going to get them out of there. Morty is making audible confusion noises as the council threatens to kill the guests if they try to run, but as the threat is spoken guests are whisked through another portal.

Here, the ride enters the randomization phase. one of multiple worlds are picked as the destination out of this portal. Some locations include the looping ride from the episode "The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy," the planet where everything is on a cob, the farting ******** planet, or Froopy Land to name a few. During each of these scenes, the ride vehicles bounce around and occasionally jolt as soldier ricks from the Citadel chase guests through these worlds in spaceships. All the while Morty is having a panic attack

I haven't done an attraction story sequence in ages, so it's a bit rough. I still don't know how to end it, so I would appreciate any ideas regarding that!
I think I would take the guests through one more portal into another randomized set of destinations before finally ending the ride back in the garage.

DisneyFan18

Here’s my draft for the queue. I’ll begin working on Mr. Nimbus Winery next. Please let me know your thoughts.

QUEUE

The first segment is themed like the queue of the former attraction: Star Trips. However, since the attraction was closed due to being deemed unsafe, it’s abandoned and looks a little deteriorated. The queue is now fully enclosed, as the first segment is supposed to represent a spaceport where guests would board an spaceship for — the absolutely not a parody of Star Tours — Star Trips. There’s a vehicle that looks like the StarSpeeder 1000 but it’s broken down. Additionally, guests may able to spot some damaged robots that are infested with space rats. And now that Rick decided to use it as a warehouse for his inventions, since he was running out of space at the Smith Garage, the posters that parody the Star Wars movies have Rick’s face over each of the characters.

In the next room is a collection of Rick’s greatest inventions (3-dimensional items behind clear, acrylic cases). Rick has used whatever paper items he could find (fast food napkins, an envelope from a scientist group, etc.) to label the items—the Meeseeks Box, the Timeline Viewer, the Shrink Ray, the Butter-passing Robot, the Cognition Amplifier, the Time Freezer, the Space Cruiser, and the Portal Gun. At the end of the room, guests encounter Rick’s worst invention, the “Ionic Defibulizer.” A red marker has added an “X” to the case as well as the words, “Do not use!” On a yellow memo pad, Rick has written the following information: “This invention caused a similar Defibulizer to explode in the Replacement Dimension, which killed both Replacement you and Morty.”

After walking through a circular door, the guests will step into the Collective Universal Teleportation Interdimensional Experiment or C.U.T.I.E. for short. This very short segment will take the guests from the Immortality Field Resort to the Smith garage, where the pre-show is hosted. The C.U.T.I.E. is enhanced by led screens that project a colorful around the guests, as if they were traveling through a sea of colors.​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Here’s my draft for the queue. I’ll begin working on Mr. Nimbus Winery next. Please let me know your thoughts.

QUEUE

The first segment is themed like the queue of the former attraction: Star Trips. However, since the attraction was closed due to being deemed unsafe, it’s abandoned and looks a little deteriorated. The queue is now fully enclosed, as the first segment is supposed to represent a spaceport where guests would board an spaceship for — the absolutely not a parody of Star Tours — Star Trips. There’s a vehicle that looks like the StarSpeeder 1000 but it’s broken down. Additionally, guests may able to spot some damaged robots that are infested with space rats. And now that Rick decided to use it as a warehouse for his inventions, since he was running out of space at the Smith Garage, the posters that parody the Star Wars movies have Rick’s face over each of the characters.

In the next room is a collection of Rick’s greatest inventions (3-dimensional items behind clear, acrylic cases). Rick has used whatever paper items he could find (fast food napkins, an envelope from a scientist group, etc.) to label the items—the Meeseeks Box, the Timeline Viewer, the Shrink Ray, the Butter-passing Robot, the Cognition Amplifier, the Time Freezer, the Space Cruiser, and the Portal Gun. At the end of the room, guests encounter Rick’s worst invention, the “Ionic Defibulizer.” A red marker has added an “X” to the case as well as the words, “Do not use!” On a yellow memo pad, Rick has written the following information: “This invention caused a similar Defibulizer to explode in the Replacement Dimension, which killed both Replacement you and Morty.”

After walking through a circular door, the guests will step into the Collective Universal Teleportation Interdimensional Experiment or C.U.T.I.E. for short. This very short segment will take the guests from the Immortality Field Resort to the Smith garage, where the pre-show is hosted. The C.U.T.I.E. is enhanced by led screens that project a colorful around the guests, as if they were traveling through a sea of colors.​
PERFECT!!! I love it!!

Sharon&Susan

In the show it is spelled "Don Cuco". Did you mean to write that or was "Don Coocoo" intentional?
Intentional since it's based on a real life restaurant chain with the same name. I changed the name slightly as they're California-only and I assume they wouldn't really wouldn't want anything to do with operating or overseeing a theme park version in Florida.

Sharon&Susan

McDonalds
1627862355660.png
Replacing the Krustyburger entrance and the Fast Food Boulevard seating area, will be an actual licensed MickeyD’s (not to be confused with the mouse). Outside and inside the restaurant will resemble a toonified version of an actual McDonald’s and the menu is mostly the same. Except for one big difference since this McDonald’s is from an alternate dimension: any menu item that usually comes with ketchup instead comes with the world famous Schezwan Sauce. Ketchup is still an option of course, but why not just go to an ordinary McDonald’s at this point or some other normal Burger place in the park then?

DisneyFan18

Here’s my first draft for the Escape Room. Please let me know your thoughts or if you feel like I should tone it down a little.

Mr. Nimbus’ Winery

8F8CD29E-0093-4671-8A24-B3D606F78096.jpeg

Early today, a message flooded everyone’s social media: “I am Mr. Nimbus! And I control the Universal Executives! So I’m taking over Moe’s Tavern and no one can stop me!”. Which was followed by what some considered a perturbing yet intriguing invitation while an individual who requested to remain anonymous and is definitely not Rick Sánchez called it pathetic and desperate cry for help: “Since I’m feeling charitable consider yourself invited to the opening of my winery. I can guarantee you that this is not some sort of scheme to create a geopolitical catastrophe to make Richard give me attention because I am bored.”.

Yes, you heard it right. Mr. Nimbus’ Winery is replacing Moe’s Tavern, which will be transformed into a revolutionary escape room like no other. There will be two identical rooms in the building that hold up to 15 people during the 20 minutes experience. Each escape room will have fake windows like the restaurant Space 220 at Epcot, which will project the environment that surrounds the winery.

The guests will be visiting the opening ceremony of Mr. Nimbus’ Winery at the Immortality Field Resort. However it was a trap! Who could’ve guessed? And Mr. Nimbus is planning on sinking the winery into the bottom of the pond that he created, in order to force Rick to fight against him. But when Rick doesn’t show up, he leaves the guests to their luck and goes for a swim. Therefore, the guests have 20 minutes to figure out how to reignite the floating mechanism and open the exit door. Through the fake windows, the guests will see as the winery sinks and might see Mr. Nimbus’ swimming routine from time to time.​

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Here’s my first draft for the Escape Room. Please let me know your thoughts or if you feel like I should tone it down a little.

Mr. Nimbus’ Winery

View attachment 576599

Early today, a message flooded everyone’s social media: “I am Mr. Nimbus! And I control the Universal Executives! So I’m taking over Moe’s Tavern and no one can stop me!”. Which was followed by what some considered a perturbing yet intriguing invitation while an individual who requested to remain anonymous and is definitely not Rick Sánchez called it pathetic and desperate cry for help: “Since I’m feeling charitable consider yourself invited to the opening of my winery. I can guarantee you that this is not some sort of scheme to create a geopolitical catastrophe to make Richard give me attention because I am bored.”.

Yes, you heard it right. Mr. Nimbus’ Winery is replacing Moe’s Tavern, which will be transformed into a revolutionary escape room like no other. There will be two identical rooms in the building that hold up to 15 people during the 20 minutes experience. Each escape room will have fake windows like the restaurant Space 220 at Epcot, which will project the environment that surrounds the winery.

The guests will be visiting the opening ceremony of Mr. Nimbus’ Winery at the Immortality Field Resort. However it was a trap! Who could’ve guessed? And Mr. Nimbus is planning on sinking the winery into the bottom of the pond that he created, in order to force Rick to fight against him. But when Rick doesn’t show up, he leaves the guests to their luck and goes for a swim. Therefore, the guests have 20 minutes to figure out how to reignite the floating mechanism and open the exit door. Through the fake windows, the guests will see as the winery sinks and might see Mr. Nimbus’ swimming routine from time to time.​
Wonderful!! This is an excellent use of the space and truly helps fill out the area. It’s a full “land” now!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Replacing the Krustyburger entrance and the Fast Food Boulevard seating area, will be an actual licensed MickeyD’s (not to be confused with the mouse). Outside and inside the restaurant will resemble a toonified version of an actual McDonald’s and the menu is mostly the same. Except for one big difference since this McDonald’s is from an alternate dimension: any menu item that usually comes with ketchup instead comes with the world famous Schezwan Sauce. Ketchup is still an option of course, but why not just go to an ordinary McDonald’s at this point or some other normal Burger place in the park then?
Best description of a McDonalds ever

Mickeynerd17

I think I would take the guests through one more portal into another randomized set of destinations before finally ending the ride back in the garage.
Ok! That sounds like a plan!

I've been trying to make it connect with the preshow stuff, but I'm honestly not sure if what I'm writing fits the overall project. Should I even worry about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom