Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

The bolded is very key. If they had said that, it wouldn't give ammunition to people to say that the vaccines don't work because now they have to try and do a 180 on the messaging to get people to want to be vaccinated.

Exaggerating an issue or bending the truth of what "the science" concluded in order to get UNVACCINATED people to wear masks does not exactly build trust in the CDC by anybody.
They really should do a presser and call out everyone not doing what they should.

DisneyCane

Wonder how long this delta will last and things start to trend back to June levels?
If it follows the pattern of India, in FL will be back to June levels by the end of September. No guarantee that it follows the same pattern but if the UK does, the likelihood will get very high that FL (and every other area in the world) will as well.

CTC

With the average reading level in the US at 7th-8th grade, messaging from the CDC, etc. need to be clear and simple. The problem is this virus is anything but simple. Add to that misinformation from media outlets and politicians...well here we are.

Heelz2315

If it follows the pattern of India, in FL will be back to June levels by the end of September. No guarantee that it follows the same pattern but if the UK does, the likelihood will get very high that FL (and every other area in the world) will as well.
If it does go back down wonder if WDW will lower their mask guidance?

lisa12000

Just been shown this in another forum - this is a preprint of breakthrough infections for delta and mRNA vaccines.

Short summary - vaccinated have less adverse outcomes despite age profile being older, many asymptomatic or mild symptoms, less likely to need oxygen or go to icu

Breakthrough infections in vaccinated people may have initially same viral load as unvaccinated but significantly are infectious for considerably less time (around half) than infections in unvaccinated people.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
My state, NJ as other northeast states, NY, and PA will have enough low cases by end of September or early October as federal mandate finally lifts masks by October/November as the booster vaccines are here to stop future variants.

hopemax

You mean CDC basing national covid policies on data from an orgy party in Cape Cod? You can't make this type of stuff up.
The problem is what happens after the party.

When infected, vaccinated people are around high risk immunocompromised people for whom the vaccine might be less effective or the unvaccinated they pose a risk because they shed just as much as an unvaccinated person. This is the part all people need to understand. It doesn’t matter how you got infected and there will be other circumstances besides this that will lead to breakthroughs. The same ones that led to a high number of infections as before. People working in extreme close contact, medical workers and the like.

Also, if you are engaging in extra close and personal contact, people should want to know the vaccination status and positivity status of their partner to avoid leaving the encounter with a special surprise.

Now we understand why experts were saying “you don’t need to stress test your vaccine.” Although that provided the conditions to show that vaccinated people could still spread Delta.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If it does go back down wonder if WDW will lower their mask guidance?
Yes, eventually. Remember that the CDC guidance is for counties with red and Orange levels on the map. I don’t think Disney changes their policy the day Orange County drops to yellow, but once that time comes after a sustained period of time where they are confident it won’t go back up the next day they will revise their guidance. Remember Disney said their policies are subject to change as the situation evolves putting people on notice of that.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Yes, eventually. Remember that the CDC guidance is for counties with red and Orange levels on the map. I don’t think Disney changes their policy the day Orange County drops to yellow, but once that time comes after a sustained period of time where they are confident it won’t go back up the next day they will revise their guidance. Remember Disney said their policies are subject to change as the situation evolves putting people on notice of that.

I hope protocols such as masks and social distancing will be gone before December for Christmas show,
also Halloween soon as the cases are low enough along with booster vaccines.

Chi84

Premium Member
The problem is what happens after the party.

When infected, vaccinated people are around high risk immunocompromised people for whom the vaccine might be less effective or the unvaccinated they pose a risk because they shed just as much as an unvaccinated person. This is the part all people need to understand. It doesn’t matter how you got infected and there will be other circumstances besides this that will lead to breakthroughs. The same ones that led to a high number of infections as before. People working in extreme close contact, medical workers and the like.

Also, if you are engaging in extra close and personal contact, people should want to know the vaccination status and positivity status of their partner to avoid leaving the encounter with a special surprise.

Now we understand why experts were saying “you don’t need to stress test your vaccine.” Although that provided the conditions to show that vaccinated people could still spread Delta.
I think people understand all of this. When you say vaccinated people shed just as much virus as the unvaccinated, is that statement supported wholly by the CDC study involving Cape Cod? You seem to follow this very closely. The CDC's study, like all studies, states limitations. The ones involving Cape Cod seem to be significant, at least to me. Is their conclusion that vaccinated people have the same amount of virus as unvaccinated based entirely on that study, or is there additional evidence to support it? I'm not asking if it's common sense or based on science. I'm just asking - very specifically - if anyone knows whether the CDC has stated any basis for its conclusion other than this particular study. Again, I'm not disputing the conclusion itself - just trying to understand how well it's supported at this time.

DisneyCane

The Oasis of Yellow in the northeast keeps shrinking. Outside of extremely rural counties, I'd expect just about the entire country to be at least at "orange" level within a week.

ltc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom