Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The Oasis of Yellow in the northeast keeps shrinking. Outside of extremely rural counties, I'd expect just about the entire country to be at least at "orange" level within a week.

View attachment 576098
I hope there will be all red states as more breakthrough cases, mask mandates, social distancing, more Delta variants well as future variants as this will be ending for us....:cry::cry::cry::cry:

hopemax

Headline in today's paper: "Vaccinated people can carry as much virus as the unvaccinated, study finds" Does anyone know if the CDC has any evidence other than the Cape Cod data to support this? Because I've read that study and it seems to have significant limitations that are not being picked up by media reports.
There are. This is the easy part, as they just look at people's samples when they run them during COVID-testing, and sort by vaccinated/unvaccinated. We're probably going to be inundated with them since people now know they should look.

This one is a pre-print from Dane County, Wisconsin data that showed up in my Twitter feed this morning. (I haven't read it) But in the thread about Cape Cod, other people were mentioning others.

The conditions that lead to breakthroughs, is the part of the situation that have unknowns. Where do we need to draw the line on the spectrum of close vs casual contact. The Cape Cod cluster, the line is drawn for extremely close contact. We will need to know about medical professionals working with COVID patients, factory workers working for hours in close contact, people stuffed in a subway car, people gathering for indoor events etc. Those are the unknowns.

Your question, all they need are the PCR tests and there are a plethora of them.

ImperfectPixie

The Oasis of Yellow in the northeast keeps shrinking. Outside of extremely rural counties, I'd expect just about the entire country to be at least at "orange" level within a week.

View attachment 576098
That section of MA right on the mainland, but connected to the Cape had zero orange in it the other day - the red and orange were confined to the outermost point of the Cape. This is going to get bad VERY quickly.

DisneyCane

That section of MA right on the mainland, but connected to the Cape had zero orange in it the other day - the red and orange were confined to the outermost point of the Cape. This is going to get bad VERY quickly.
Unfortunately it appears that once Delta gets a foothold, it gets bad. The level of "bad" that it reaches probably depends mostly on the level of vaccination.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Unfortunately it appears that once Delta gets a foothold, it gets bad. The level of "bad" that it reaches probably depends mostly on the level of vaccination.
Bad is relative. Where I live is still yellow but cases have risen and may turn Orange in a week or 2, the difference is we still only have about 20 people hospitalized with Covid and 2 on ventilators when in Jan we had over 600 people hospitalized with Covid and almost all of the ventilators used. The vaccines are great and doing their job. We just need more people to take them. Looks like help is on the way from the private sector. I wish the federal government would also tie a tumulus to vaccination. Then it would be get a thousand dollars and keep your job vs continuing to resist a life saving vaccine.

Touchdown

Things started increasing shortly after the 4th. If the pattern both here for past waves, and overseas for delta, hold were 2-3 weeks until peak.

Here’s hoping 🤞

DisneyCane

Things started increasing shortly after the 4th. If the pattern both here for past waves, and overseas for delta, hold were 2-3 weeks until peak.

Here’s hoping 🤞
If you look closely at the curves, the peak is around 64 days after the outbreak spike begins. It looks like for MA, the spike began around 7/10 so I wouldn't expect the peak (whatever level that ends up being) until the middle of September.

In FL, the spike began around 6/19 so should reach the peak several week earlier.

Kman

We decided to cancel our November trip as of this morning. There's just too many questions and who knows when the border opens and when it does who knows what that looks like. For this year we will vacation in our own country and hope for better luck next year. Disappointing but we feel ok with it

ImperfectPixie

If you look closely at the curves, the peak is around 64 days after the outbreak spike begins. It looks like for MA, the spike began around 7/10 so I wouldn't expect the peak (whatever level that ends up being) until the middle of September.

In FL, the spike began around 6/19 so should reach the peak several week earlier.
I'm going to be livid if they don't update mask guidance for schools.

Patcheslee

Here’s hoping 🤞
We're in the last day of our county fair, it usually sees around 130k people during fair week. We only have 47k population in the county, so definitely expect to see cases rise. I've got a screenshot of what DD12s school count currently shows for cases right now. They aren't in session, so once they start the school year Thursday, I'll be checking on it more often. Last year they didn't disclose to parents there were cases unless their child had to isolate. Our county has less than 1000 12-17yos vaccinated with close to 4000 students eligible, so not the greatest uptake.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In case anyone isn‘t following the thread on the vaccine mandate for Disney employees the head of the largest union said they believe the best line of defense is to be vaccinated. The unions are scheduled to meet with Disney next week to firm up the details including the medical and religious exemptions but it looks like it’s a done deal 😀 If I were an unvaccinated CM I’d be scheduling my vaccine shot right now. You now know you will have to get the shot to keep your job and cases are surging right now so why wait. Yes, it still takes 5 weeks from shot 1 to be fully immune but if you start tomorrow you could be fully immune by Labor Day. Get em done and start collecting your free donuts too 🍩🍩🍩

DisneyCane

In case anyone isn‘t following the thread on the vaccine mandate for Disney employees the head of the largest union said they believe the best line of defense is to be vaccinated. The unions are scheduled to meet with Disney next week to firm up the details including the medical and religious exemptions but it looks like it’s a done deal 😀 If I were an unvaccinated CM I’d be scheduling my vaccine shot right now. You now know you will have to get the shot to keep your job and cases are surging right now so why wait. Yes, it still takes 5 weeks from shot 1 to be fully immune but if you start tomorrow you could be fully immune by Labor Day. Get em done and start collecting your free donuts too 🍩🍩🍩
5 for Pfizer, 6 for Moderna.

Isn't it only 2 if you get J&J?

HeartOfTeFiti

@GoofGoof , I agree with your post but have a question. You point out "5 weeks from shot 1 to be fully immune" (doubtful that everyone ends up fully immune, but I get what you meant). My question is, is no one receiving J&J at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom