Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@GoofGoof , I agree with your post but have a question. You point out "5 weeks from shot 1 to be fully immune" (doubtful that everyone ends up fully immune, but I get what you meant). My question is, is no one receiving J&J at this time?
I think JnJ is at about 13M of the 164M fully vaccinated so people are still getting it but it’s not as popular. As @DisneyCane pointed out it’s 6 weeks for Moderna and only 2 for JnJ. As far as being fully immune, that’s in reference to when you are considered done with the vaccine. For things like CDC guidance and cruise lines and other places that mandate vaccination you aren’t considered done until 2 weeks after your final shot. That’s when you are considered fully immune.

LittleBuford

I have to think J&J will be the shot of choice for those who were previously hesitant. Only one shot, only one opportunity to react, only one time to potentially take time from your life.
I would think the opposite given the concern about blood clots a few months back.

Lilofan

I have one every day as a preventative measure

every day I feel fortunate that my Kinsa app tells me covid risk is low
Can some PA business owners fed ex several million authentic Philly cheesesteaks to the Sunshine State? FL needs all the help right now. Jersey Shore cheesesteaks are just as good too😉

E7YgssYXoAAJJ6A.png

HeartOfTeFiti

I know that obviously everyone involved in a trial is being closely monitored but I haven't heard any mention of other vaccinated people being monitored or tracked in the absence of needing to get tested. When I received my vaccination I was given a leaflet asking me to register with the CDC for monitoring of side effects following my vaccination and for following my status of covid infection into the future. I don't know how long they'll continue to monitor me, but initially I received daily surveys, eventually it changed to weekly, and now it's monthly. They contact me by text and have the option to call me for follow up info. I'm curious if others here had this same opportunity to contribute to the collection of vaccine information.

ImperfectPixie

I know that obviously everyone involved in a trial is being closely monitored but I haven't heard any mention of other vaccinated people being monitored or tracked in the absence of needing to get tested. When I received my vaccination I was given a leaflet asking me to register with the CDC for monitoring of side effects following my vaccination and for following my status of covid infection into the future. I don't know how long they'll continue to monitor me, but initially I received daily surveys, eventually it changed to weekly, and now it's monthly. They contact me by text and have the option to call me for follow up info. I'm curious if others here had this same opportunity to contribute to the collection of vaccine information.
I participated in the follow-ups.

DisneyCane

My wife and I both signed up and fill out the survey whenever we get a text.

Touchdown

It’s monthly I believe until 3 months, then you won’t hear from them until 6 months.

Chomama

yikes. I know disney made a cool announcement yesterday, but now is the time to take even more action. Again, parks were shut down COMPLETELY with lower case counts.
Yeah. I think the thing is we have solutions that don’t require shutting down the economy and we should use them. What Disney and other large companies are realizing is that wild spread of Covid hurts their business. The more they mandate shots the better off our economy is. People don’t want shut downs. Great. Arms out. There is absolutely zero reason to close anything. There is reason to require vaccines to go to entertainment venues, on airplanes, in schools and hospitals and elderly care facilities. No one should be dining out unvaxxed. It’s really dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom